C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Real world difference?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
rhipsher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A ZR-1 VS a Toyota Avilon? Oh please! Thats like comparing a 3 legged dog to a thoroughbred racing horse. There is no comparison. If you tried to do in the Avilon what you can do in the ZR-1 you'd blow the motor up in the Avilon. The ZR-1 is not hype dude. Its purpose built tough to handle high RPM's and high mph speeds for very long didtances. What world speed records has an Avilon broke in this century. Educate yourself about the ZR-1. Sure there are faster newer corvettes out there but pound for pound dollar for dollar you can't beat it. Where else can you pay $20K for a car that can run 12.8-12.9 sec bone stock at 111mph in the 1/4 mile with a top speed of 180mph. The answere is you can't. with myself.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:43 AM
USAFPILOT
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A ZR-1 VS a Toyota Avalon?

If ZR-1's can now be compared to a Toyota Avalon I guess it is time to sell. It think new tundra might out run an avalon.

The Avalon was the first Toyota to use Dual VVT-i in the US market in an all-new 3.5-liter 2GR-FE V6 engine which met ULEV certification and had a power output of 280 hp (209 kW) with a 0-60 time of 6.0 seconds.

Our cars make almost that much power with the full power key removed or off; and they weigh much less. We could go on and on and on.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

But you can park the Avalon near the porch...................
so you can watch the big dogs run by.
Maybe a 6 spd turbo regal.............
Do they have vinyl tops?
Gold trim?
Vogue tyres?
Wait, I can get all of that on the Avalon!

Buy the darn ZR-1, already!

Marty
1FUNZR1
Old 06-30-2011, 11:52 AM
twiggelf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Avalon comparison came around due to my drive in my buddy's 73 L48. The car is dripping with cool classic styling, but not power (that is, till he is done playing with it).

Quick Reply: Real world difference?