C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

VATS or not VATS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
wildbillmassey
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VATS or not VATS

***Sorry, posted this in the wrong section, this can be deleted, I posted in C4 tech****I am working on a customers 91 C4 and I changed out the clutch master cylinder. Removed the battery, switched out the cylinder, replaced the battery.

Now the car will not turn over. I turn the key on, I get the dash display and the fuel pump does its thing, turn the key to start and all I get is the click from a relay under the dash.

I read about the VATS, but what I can't find is does the fuel pump turn on if VATS is NOT working. Since the fuel pump kicks on, should I move on to another diagnoses (ie. starter), or could it still be VATS?

Thanks.

Last edited by wildbillmassey; 07-22-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Take a look at the clutch pedal switch,these are always actng up.You can bypass the switch to eliminate this as a problem.If you want to eliminate the VATS as a problem clean the pellet in the key with alcohol or try another key
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

See this link. Read the post made my Marck Haibeck. He is one of the top notch ZR-1 mechanics.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15180

Get notified of new replies

To VATS or not VATS

Quick Reply: VATS or not VATS