C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Haibeck success story

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:28 AM
1990ZR1LT5
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marc Haibeck

I bought my 1990 ZR1 LT5 with 188,000 miles and I can tell you that it is in perfect shape. It is #1163 Black and I paid $9000US for it. It was maintained by Marc and the work he has done has made it dyno @445HP. It has ceramic headers, stainless large exhaust, new chip by Marc, larger injectors and does 11.9 in the quarter mile. I always call Marc when I ever need advice or help. He is the BEST. I live in Hamilton, New Zealand and there are only about 5 or 6 ZR1's here. I have every receipt for every gallon gas and every thing that has ever been done to the car from the original owner including the entire brand new Pizza Box. I am 75 going on 40. Thanks for reading about my newest TOY. jim
Old 01-21-2012, 10:36 AM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Glad to hear from New Zealand !! Please put your thoughts about Marc on paper and send them to the NCM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
1990ZR1LT5
Navigator

Thanks for reading my post about Marc. If you want to chat more please email me at holyn1@clear.net.nz
Old 01-21-2012, 01:49 PM
ZR1North
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990ZR1LT5
Thanks for reading my post about Marc. If you want to chat more please email me at holyn1@clear.net.nz
This is great, Jim. I will send you an e-mail at the address you provided. If we can get a letter from New Zeland, we'll have correspondence from five countries - not bad!

Bob
Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
ZO6R1
Burning Brakes

Marc is the nicest mechanic I have ever dealt with and the most talented. Here is a dyno after he worked on it. He just ported/polish/his chip/ headers/ and flowmaster mufflers with stock exhaust. Sorry for the small size: 494 crankshaft HP/ 419.69 hp at the wheels...
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
1990ZR1LT5
Navigator

Originally Posted by ZR1North
This is great, Jim. I will send you an e-mail at the address you provided. If we can get a letter from New Zeland, we'll have correspondence from five countries - not bad!

Bob
Thanks Bob. I will be very proud to be part of the group of happy ZR1 owners to fully support the induction of Marc Haibeck to the Corvette Hall of Fame. He certainly is deserving of his place with all of the other great Corvette people. Happy cruising, jim crain sr.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:52 PM
msgordon
Cruising

Any updates on this process?
Old 02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
ZR1North
Instructor

Originally Posted by msgordon
Any updates on this process?
I spoke to Wendel Strode (Museum Director) last week, and he informed me that is is extremely rare for a nomination to be successful the first time presented (Zora's and a few others the probable exceptions). I'd like for our submission to be one of the exceptions as well. As such, I am working on strengthening the package that I had put together before submitting it. I know you would all agree that Marc deserves to "get in" the first time around!

One thing that would help is if folks have coordinates (phone numbers or e-mail contacts) for Dave McLellan, Gorden Killibrew and
Gib Hufstader. If you have them, you can PM me or forward to me at lambebob@hotmail.com. I will not use them, other than for this initiative, without your permission. As you can imagine, a note of endorsement from either or all of these current Hall of Famers and well-respected ZR-1 personalities would be the icing on the cake to the over 20 fantastic letters that I have from people that have come to respect and appreciate Marc for what he represents to our community.

We have some time to get this package submitted, but I would like to button it up sooner than later. As such, I'd appreciate any leads that you have and can share on Dave, Gorden and Gib.

I want to say thanks again to the people who really stepped up with some fantastic letters of endorsement for Marc. When this is said and done, I will ask your permission to share those with Marc, as the letters themselves are testimonies to how well respected he is. WELL DONE, GUYS! I will keep you posted as this evolves.

Bob
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Dynomite
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1North
I want to say thanks again to the people who really stepped up with some fantastic letters of endorsement for Marc. When this is said and done, I will ask your permission to share those with Marc, as the letters themselves are testimonies to how well respected he is. WELL DONE, GUYS! I will keep you posted as this evolves.

Bob

You can share anything I have sent you in this regard with Marc at any time

Cliff

Last edited by Dynomite; 02-20-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

This is a very deserving and worthwhile endeavor.

Brett Henderson
Old 02-21-2012, 05:24 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Dynomite

You can share anything I have sent you in this regard with Marc at any time

Cliff
Feel free to do the same with what I wrote!

Tom
Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 PM
ZR1North
Instructor

Default Marc's Nomination

Hi Folks,

Sorry if anyone read my post above to mean that we "failed" in our effort this year; that is NOT the case. The reason I called Wendell at the Museum was to get as much info as possible "before" we made our sumbission - to increase our chances of success 1st time around.

This is still very much alive. I am merely trying to improve on the great nomination package we already have. Nominations don't have to be in for some time yet, so we have time to polish the package.

I have not heard from anyone with Dave McLellan's or Gorden Killibrew's coordinates (as per my post above). If anyone has them, pls PM me. I wonder if either or both Dave and/or Gorden will be at the Gathering? It would be a good time to solicit their support. As it stands, I have a conflict in Asian for the Gathering dates. I am trying to change things to get to BG in May but if I can't, is there anyone going that could talk to either Dave or Gorden (or both) about adding letters of support. If so, I'll be in touch to discuss the approach.

Thanks all!

Bob
Old 02-23-2012, 06:21 AM
tomtom72
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'19, '21-'22-'23-'24

Okay I got the message Bob and I now understand! Also, I am very sorry for addressing you by the wrong name!

I don't know either Gordon or Dave on a personal level, but I am going to the Gathering this May. I offer to be the messenger; they shoot those people sometimes, right? If you feel that I can be of some use in this matter feel free to tap me for the task if no one with a more solid connection to Gordon and Dave steps forward.

Tom
Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM
ZR1North
Instructor

Originally Posted by tomtom72
Okay I got the message Bob and I now understand! Also, I am very sorry for addressing you by the wrong name!

I don't know either Gordon or Dave on a personal level, but I am going to the Gathering this May. I offer to be the messenger; they shoot those people sometimes, right? If you feel that I can be of some use in this matter feel free to tap me for the task if no one with a more solid connection to Gordon and Dave steps forward.

Tom
No worries, Tom, and thanks for bringing to my attention the way people could interpret the post as having not been successful first time around.

Thanks also for agreeing to be the messanger. I will be in touch if I can't make the Gathering.

Thanks again!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
XLR8TIN
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Corvette's Best Adds Four More to the Roster
2012 Corvette Hall of Fame Inductees Announced

The National Corvette Museum announced the following inductees to be recognized at the Museum's 18th Anniversary event as part of the 15th Annual Corvette Hall of Fame Ceremony in 2012:

Gary Claudio in the category of GM/Chevrolet; Patrick Dolan in the category of Corvette enthusiast/historian; Bob McDorman also in the category of Corvette enthusiast/historian; and Andy Pilgrim, a champion driver for Corvette Racing.

Gary Claudio spent over 27 years at GM, starting in the Pontiac Division but transferring to Chevrolet in 1998 as Manager of the Chevy Race Shop. He worked with Doug Fehan to develop the Corvette Race Program, securing original sponsors and obtaining funds for the program from Chevrolet management.

Patrick Dolan has been very active in NCCC, serving as VP of Competition, President and Director of Charity. He is a founding member of the NCM and was present at the first general meeting in Cypress Gardens, FL in January 1989.

Bob McDorman has been a premier Corvette collector for over 50 years and purchased his own Chevrolet dealership in 1965. In addition to being a Lifetime Member of the Museum and big supporter of the Museum's programs he was awarded the Time Magazine Quality Dealer Award in 1978 and 2007, 2010 Bloomington Gold "Great Hall" Inductee and numerous other humanitarian and achievement awards.

Andy Pilgrim joined Corvette Racing in 1999, earning his first victory with teammate Ron Fellows at Texas Motor Speedway in 2000 and in 2001 finished 2nd in GTS at Sebring and Le Mans, and was on the winning team for the Petit Le Mans in Atlanta. His support of the Museum included fundraising golf outings, and he continues to serve as an instructor at our HPDEs.

The induction ceremony will take place on Friday, August 31, 2012

Does this mean Marc did not make it this year?
Old 07-18-2013, 02:54 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I'm bringing up this old post to see if there were any follow ups over the past year? As I read this it may take many try to get Marc in.

Thanks Steve

Quick Reply: Haibeck success story