C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default new z

Your car looks great. I like the paint. It is very different. Your car looks in good condition and I am sure you will continue to improve it. Those HRE wheels look nice especially after you refinished them. Once you do the top end porting etc.. your car should wake up. I like what people do to modifiy these c4 corvettes. I just sold my 525 rwhp c5 so I might be looking at a 368 build with hot cams to bump hp a bit. I like the way my z pulls but I would like 450rwhp more. I got a tad over 400 rwhp. Congratulations on your car and welcome to the club.

edramos #3028 black,black 1990.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Any updates on your 94,Michael?
Old 02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
onDjuice
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best looking c4.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by onDjuice
One of the best looking c4.

Originally Posted by USAZR1
Any updates on your 94,Michael?
Nothing to date unfortunately. Ive been brainstorming so many things over the last few weeks but I think I'll be sticking to what ive been planning so far. The weather has just been awful of late.. snow and more snow and extreme temps.. just can't get myself to get in the garage. I think this is easily the worst winter I can remember !

I am off work the entire month of March So if all goes well, I can get the car up and drop the trans and do the lt.flywheel/clutch. Then I can pull the seats and door panels and dash to do the stereo install and cf wrap on the trim etc. All the while the plenum will be off to get ported.

Originally Posted by edram454
Your car looks great. I like the paint. It is very different. Your car looks in good condition and I am sure you will continue to improve it. Those HRE wheels look nice especially after you refinished them. Once you do the top end porting etc.. your car should wake up. I like what people do to modifiy these c4 corvettes. I just sold my 525 rwhp c5 so I might be looking at a 368 build with hot cams to bump hp a bit. I like the way my z pulls but I would like 450rwhp more. I got a tad over 400 rwhp. Congratulations on your car and welcome to the club.

Thanks ! I am hoping as well that porting the top end and the light flywheel will add a little bit of urgency in the upper rpms. I want to do gears, 3.73 or possibly 3.92 but I still have to budget to finish my 93. That car has all the screaming angry I will probably need.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Charles.rogers1
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Toronto Police ever get you for no front plate?? I do not want to use one it looks soooo ugly with the insert out but cant decide how bad Ontario police are about it
Old 03-03-2014, 02:59 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Charles.rogers1
Toronto Police ever get you for no front plate?? I do not want to use one it looks soooo ugly with the insert out but cant decide how bad Ontario police are about it
I've been pulled over a few times and asked about it but no tickets. One time I forgot the fog lights too since Ive never driven with the headlights on at night too but no ticket.

I don't care if I get a ticket every week.. the plate will never ruin the front of my cars
Old 03-05-2014, 10:26 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Wow, can't believe they would stop you for only running the fogs.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:27 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Actually that time I had only the parking lights on not even the fogs
Old 03-08-2014, 12:24 AM
Charles.rogers1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Haha police up here are crazy.. pull you over for anything, and when youre driving something like a built vette then goodluck!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Charles.rogers1
Haha police up here are crazy.. pull you over for anything, and when youre driving something like a built vette then goodluck!
WTF are you talking about n00b? I've had nothing but positive experiences with the police in Ontario. Mostly, if you're getting pulled over, you're likely deserving of it.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by edram454

Don't need a 368 to get 450 at the wheels.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:09 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
WTF are you talking about n00b? I've had nothing but positive experiences with the police in Ontario. Mostly, if you're getting pulled over, you're likely deserving of it.
I have to agree completely I've had nothing but positive interactions with police officers over the many years I've had my cars. I firmly believe that as well that if you get pulled over for something you most likely did something to get their attention. On two occasions I got pulled over just so they could get a look at my 93. One of those times they asked me to let her rip when I took off

There's a time and place for everything and I pick and choose mine carefully (3am on on empty highways )
Old 03-09-2014, 02:51 PM
Charles.rogers1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 5abivt
I have to agree completely I've had nothing but positive interactions with police officers over the many years I've had my cars. I firmly believe that as well that if you get pulled over for something you most likely did something to get their attention. On two occasions I got pulled over just so they could get a look at my 93. One of those times they asked me to let her rip when I took off

There's a time and place for everything and I pick and choose mine carefully (3am on on empty highways )
Haha I never said I had bad experiences guys, only ever gotten tickets one time being pulled over, but one time I got pulled over cause some guy slammed on his breaks around a corner cause he saw the cop so when I slowed my tires chirped because I was in a puddle.. hahaha like nothing bad but like really..
Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM
j3studio
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 235 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Gorgeous car!

Old 04-21-2014, 09:07 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Subscribing...
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Hi Pete

Wanted to throw in an update. While the car hasn't moved yet it's been a whirlwind in my mind deciding what to do with the car. My other car is a b6 Passat (vw) and I almost sold the car several times over the last month before deciding to keep it. If I had sold it I was going to do 1 of 2 things:

1. Drop the car off and have the heads and top end fully ported, cams and tune basically a top end package. I decided against it mainly because my 93 would still be faster and its nasty enough and basically the reason I justify having 2 c4s ! I decided if I do motor work it will be go big or go home. All out biggest stroke with all top end billet/ti components like in the LT4 in the 93.

2. Full Callaway aerobody and rebuild the wheels into 20s to keep things proportional. I decided against that as well. I can always do that in the future and I haven't even driven the car much since finished.

I guess the deciding factor in both is warm weather is here, and both options would keep the car down and out for the majority of it plus I relly didn't want to be cruising in a sunfire for the season

So moving on then.. while not really relevant I figured I'd post a littlew on my dd makeover since people enjoy pics and things like the wrap will carry over to the z since I plan to wrap quite a bit inside the interior.

Here's the Passat and a few before after and mod pics! Don't mind the wrap looking beat up the kids used the roll as a bat most of the winter :/

Before interior pic

After

All done with a touch screen replacement..

Last edited by 5abivt; 04-23-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:07 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

SOrt of a mini makeover inside a makeover thread

Have a nice wheel to replace the stocker.. anyone know the spline of the steering hub on the c4s? A GTi wheel would be fantastic on my vette. Such a nice wheel !

Car is getting coilovers and 19s and will be lowered and dd friendly of course Got them assembled and hopefully this week get them on.. then the car is DONE and I can move on to the vette !

Anyhow.. that's the reason for the delay I just thought I'd share since I haven't really been idle I just wanted to finish this car first. Hopefully I can get er done tomorrow. Wife is in Chicago (wish she could take a plenum with her as a carry on lol) for work and as they say.. when the cat is away the mice will play

Soon as the wagon is dumped down and coils are on I'll be pulling the plenum and putting her up on stands for the clutch/flywheel job and ripping out the seats and interior trim. I have to source a non Z radio bezel to cover up the ugly keyhole since its been tuned out anyways and would look funny without the full power wording there. ... But that's it for now hope to be Back on the vette VERY soon !!!

Last edited by 5abivt; 04-23-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Di-noc?
Old 04-23-2014, 09:26 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Its the 3m 1080. its a bit thinner and darker/glossier than dinoc but Im undecided what to go with for the Z.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

do you use any adhesion promoter with it?

Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!