C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 12:38 PM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
My brace will be lighter , look better and remain in place while providing the rigidity that a c4 deserves.

Pics to come shortly ...

Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Here's a few pics of his work. I'm no expert on welding but I like it!!

So this photo of the side brace .. Is the idea for what the 'X' will look like. I believe it's called 'gussets' but that middle piece adds rigidity and looks fantastic so that's the plan. I did a really bad MS Paint edit of that X on my roof I'll add the photo shortly.

As of right now materials have been ordered. A jig has been made for measurements etc. so hopefully by end of next week I can drive up there and we can finish it up.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:57 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

I know some will not like to cut the roof. To me I have no issues at all. Thus brace likely can be made so no cutting is necessary but I wanted this tucked up as high under the roof as possible.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM
kostas86
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Absolute perfection with the ride! Looks wicked!
Old 09-28-2016, 01:06 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

I I'll post up more details when I have more info. In the meantime I was bored and not really wanting to drive the car until I can get the brace on .. I pulled the plenum and ordered up new plugs, coils, and injectors and I already had new wires ready anyways. The idea really was me just wanting everything brand new so I could focus on getting a plan together for a stroker motor next year if all goes well !

I ordered FIC Matched stainless injectors , ac delco 555 ( I think ?) coil packs, denso plugs and I have denso wires already

Old 09-28-2016, 02:23 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lookin good Mike!

I just swapped in a set of the FIC injectors in my 90' to replace the stock units...night and day difference! The Z runs so smooth now, whereas with the stock injectors the motor missed and idled terrible.

Looking forward to pics of the brace.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:50 PM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

It's always thrilling to see your updates! Keep up the awesome mods Mike!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:55 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

We we're going back and forth on IG about it. You know I'm in
Old 09-29-2016, 05:59 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

whats the time frame on final design and completion? you know us we cant wait
Old 09-30-2016, 07:08 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kostas86
Absolute perfection with the ride! Looks wicked!
Thx !!

Originally Posted by 2ljd
Lookin good Mike!

I just swapped in a set of the FIC injectors in my 90' to replace the stock units...night and day difference! The Z runs so smooth now, whereas with the stock injectors the motor missed and idled terrible.

Looking forward to pics of the brace.
Thx! I don't have any issues with idle or running I just felt like replacing absolutely everything for peace of mind. I figured maybe someone with a 90-92 would want 93-5 injectors as replacements since they are ethanol friendly etc or I'll just keep them as spares just in case. I just replaced the o rings on them over the winter from jerrys maybe someone can use them at least. I am hopeful that I will notice a difference with all new coils, plugs, wires, and injectors though !! I did the fuel pumps, filter and o2 sensors recently so it will give me some peace of mind. I normally subscribe to the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' philosophy but in this case.. I don't know how old the plug wires are and it bothers me a little bit.

Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1
It's always thrilling to see your updates! Keep up the awesome mods Mike!
Thx !!

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
We we're going back and forth on IG about it. You know I'm in
Happy to hear it I'm hopeful it turns out as planned and it will help others with their c4s
Originally Posted by rickyrj1
whats the time frame on final design and completion? you know us we cant wait
Materials should have been here this week wed or today. I'm hopeful by next weekend or the one after I will have it on the car and done.. Many pics will come I promise as well as driving impressions etc.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:38 PM
beboggled
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

The car looks absolutely amazing!!!! I've never seen a nicer looking C4.

I enjoy the updates, keep em coming!
The following users liked this post:
5abivt (10-25-2016)
Old 10-16-2016, 08:16 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

I have been having the same roof idea lately. Are you going to basically use the roof bolt holes for the X frame, and then cut out some of the roof out, so it can set down and around the bars, then use some king of quick release latches to secure the top?
Old 10-25-2016, 01:23 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by beboggled
The car looks absolutely amazing!!!! I've never seen a nicer looking C4.

I enjoy the updates, keep em coming!
thanks !!

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
I have been having the same roof idea lately. Are you going to basically use the roof bolt holes for the X frame, and then cut out some of the roof out, so it can set down and around the bars, then use some king of quick release latches to secure the top?
acyually close ... but the roof will still use its original mounting location and bolts. I originally planned to have it welded on the inside of the mounting areas. I will post up all the details hopefully next week as I plan take the day off and drive up to see him for completion. He just had a baby so hes been quite busy etc.

In the meantime last week or so I decided to just replace everything under the plenum. Car runs great and it did bother me slightly just not knowing the age or potential life expectancy etc of the components so I decided to just go all new. I replaced the coils with new old stock AC Delco coils, new Denso plug wires, New Denso iridium plugs and New FIC stainless flow matched injectors.

All the stuff I took off will likely be sold on here and on the forum if anyone is interested.. they all tested out fine. All 16 injectors ohm'd out the same as well as the MSD coils and the wires are the original gm numbered and LT5 printed wires. Car runs exactly the same but I have some peace of mind knowing its all fresh.

few pics tune up time ! had a chance to pull the plenum.. inside was clean as could be. Catch can seems to be doing its job !

Shot of all the injectors on the rails !

All buttoned up. had the idea to run all the wires to the center and through the plenum runners to the coils. tried it and cant say I liked it very much so back to the original way

Finally got a chance to get out to one of my favourite roads to snap a few fall pics before all the colors are gone !

quick snap when I got home.. had leaves trying to wiggle their way out of the rad shroud.. first time in 18 years ive ever had that many leaves sucked up in my c4s Leaf blower did the trick and blew it all out easily.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:53 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Old 10-26-2016, 04:44 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
thanks !!

Acyually close ... But the roof will still use its original mounting location and bolts. I originally planned to have it welded on the inside of the mo

unting areas. I will post up all the details hopefully next week as i plan take the day off and drive up to see him for completion. He just had a baby so hes been quite busy etc.

In the meantime last week or so i decided to just replace everything under the plenum. Car runs great and it did bother me slightly just not knowing the age or potential life expectancy etc of the components so i decided to just go all new. I replaced the coils with new old stock ac delco coils, new denso plug wires, new denso iridium plugs and new fic stainless flow matched injectors.

All the stuff i took off will likely be sold on here and on the forum if anyone is interested.. They all tested out fine. All 16 injectors ohm'd out the same as well as the msd coils and the wires are the original gm numbered and lt5 printed wires. Car runs exactly the same but i have some peace of mind knowing its all fresh.

Few pics :d tune up time ! Had a chance to pull the plenum.. Inside was clean as could be. Catch can seems to be doing its job !

shot of all the injectors on the rails !

all buttoned up. Had the idea to run all the wires to the center and through the plenum runners to the coils. Tried it and cant say i liked it Very much so back to the original way

finally got a chance to get out to one of my favourite roads to snap a few fall pics before all the colors are gone !

quick snap when i got home.. Had leaves trying to wiggle their way out of the rad shroud.. First time in 18 years ive ever had that many leaves sucked up in my c4s Leaf blower did the trick and blew it all out easily.
​​​​​​​
Old 11-05-2016, 10:06 PM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

I have fallen in love with your car. I was going to go for a lt4....but man o man is this the best looking c4 ive ever seen.

cheers from calgary.

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 11-06-2016, 10:48 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Any roof updates yet?
Old 11-07-2016, 09:00 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
I have fallen in love with your car. I was going to go for a lt4....but man o man is this the best looking c4 ive ever seen.

cheers from calgary.
Thanks very much !!

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Any roof updates yet?
Taking a day off Wednesday from work and heading up to the fabricator! 275 mile trip each way its always fun looking forward to a long drive Hope to have more details pics or info then. The fabricator just had a baby so I know hes been very busy trying to balance work with the new addition. I believe the brace will be completed.. and will be on the car for the drive home. At least that's the impression I have at the moment !
Old 11-14-2016, 04:42 PM
CF DAVIS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!