C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 03:35 AM
2ljd
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike,

Just watched tonight's episode of Legendary Motorcars and saw you and your Z...great job representing the C4 ZR-1s!

Too bad the Trans-Am won the 5k...
Old 05-19-2017, 10:32 AM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ljd
Mike,

Just watched tonight's episode of Legendary Motorcars and saw you and your Z...great job representing the C4 ZR-1s!

I saw it as well....I tuned in about ten mins after show started and I remember reading you were going to be on one day..

Car looks great.....The detailing on your car looks great....Still say it's theee nicest looking Z I have ever seen....

Im thinking that TA that won would have probably beaten anything they threw against it......It was a great story...Picked it up for a grand and did all the work himself..

In my opinion since the Z is very rare, you were a close second....

​​​​​​​
Old 05-19-2017, 01:21 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Mike,

Originally Posted by zrc3john
I saw it as well....I tuned in about ten mins after show started and I remember reading you were going to be on one day..

Car looks great.....The detailing on your car looks great....Still say it's theee nicest looking Z I have ever seen....

Im thinking that TA that won would have probably beaten anything they threw against it......It was a great story...Picked it up for a grand and did all the work himself..

In my opinion since the Z is very rare, you were a close second....

​​​​​​​

Thanks guys !! I've yet to see it but will figure it out I can't wait to check it out. The TA was nice and the owner was a nice guy and we got along really well.

I'll just say I never thought my car had a remote chance of winning and I was happy to be there. As the show progressed and the attention it received had me wondering of course if I did have a chance but there were a few things that were plain as day: The sponsor buys and sells mostly 'original' cars so I felt that was against me since mine is modified. The ZR-1 isn't a musclecar, imo more modern muscle. The judges were quite old.. and I felt being modified and lowered this car didn't even register on their points sheet lol. the TA is at a point where it's desired and it's value is going up as well so it's at a different point in its value/collector curve. Comparing the two cars to me is like facing an amputee vs Usain bolt in a 100m hurdles race. But it was a great experience overall

Last edited by 5abivt; 05-20-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

If you find the video on line, please post it. I have not seen that show in a while, but it is pretty good.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
If you find the video on line, please post it. I have not seen that show in a while, but it is pretty good.
I sent them an email . I'm in Canada so I can't view it on YouTube. If you are in America search "auto show sells a Ferrari" I believe the video is up . I will find the link just a sec .
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Not sure if this works .. I still haven't seen it grr lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKiNx...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 PM
gs568
Team Owner

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats on making the show. Not to take away anything from your build, the TA builder and story was better in the sense that the owner taught himself to do 90% of the work. He stated that he learned a lot from youtube and from the advice of others.
The following users liked this post:
5abivt (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gs568
Congrats on making the show. Not to take away anything from your build, the TA builder and story was better in the sense that the owner taught himself to do 90% of the work. He stated that he learned a lot from youtube and from the advice of others.
Thx! Doesn't take anything away at all he was a great guy and we spent a lot of time together there at the show. I had a dilemma about what to say although I decided I didn't think it would have made any difference either way so I just kept it simple. I will say I've wanted to modify that trans am for like 20 years lol. I wanted a gold one , lowered on nice 19" wheels and more of a fat tire and stance . It's been done now countless times over recent years as the trend has become mainstream. I just wish I had the money and means back then !!
Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Watched the episode today. Way to represent the ZR-1 crowd Mike! Car looks great

Jim
5abivt (08-23-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 08:08 AM
04silverZ06
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd love to see this video - why can we not watch it in Canada?
Old 06-06-2017, 02:22 PM
combatdoc
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats awesome! great job.
5abivt (08-23-2017)
Old 08-21-2017, 07:24 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Mike,

Any updates to the Z?
5abivt (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Mike,

Any updates to the Z?

Not much to be honest The honest truth is while we are waiting for the new home to be built.. its been a time crunch at my parents. With the kids being older and out of school its made me look forward to 'back to school' more than ever !!

But, I did make some progress. I changed out the Fuel pumps again. I swapped to a high flow fuel filter and changed the o2 sensors back to Bosch. the car is up in the air and Im hoping to get it up even higher very soon and tackle the clutch. I went with The Ram twin disc force 9.5 setup from Jerry.

One of the toughest things being at my parents is both my cars take up some good space and with my dad being a gardener as well as having what seems like a complete lack of regard for cars... Im terrified of finding his hedge trimmer laying on my hood one day . Because of that I have 3 covers on my Z and 2 on the 93 and Im afraid to leave them off for any period of time. Good thing is I can leave it on as the big part of a clutch job is from underneath.

I have been tinkering with mounts and such for the gopro and was thinking to use the gopro to follow along as I do the clutch job. I know youtube doesn't have much on c4s and figured it might be nice to show others how easy the job is or what it involves. Will see how that goes ! Hoping to start the clutch any day now !
Old 08-23-2017, 11:25 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Also forgot to mention Im still tryingto sort out what to do about the Photobucket issue. Not having an easy time finding a site that will do 3rd party hosting as I don't need a photo site for much else.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:46 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Not much to be honest The honest truth is while we are waiting for the new home to be built.. its been a time crunch at my parents. With the kids being older and out of school its made me look forward to 'back to school' more than ever !!

But, I did make some progress. I changed out the Fuel pumps again. I swapped to a high flow fuel filter and changed the o2 sensors back to Bosch. the car is up in the air and Im hoping to get it up even higher very soon and tackle the clutch. I went with The Ram twin disc force 9.5 setup from Jerry.

One of the toughest things being at my parents is both my cars take up some good space and with my dad being a gardener as well as having what seems like a complete lack of regard for cars... Im terrified of finding his hedge trimmer laying on my hood one day . Because of that I have 3 covers on my Z and 2 on the 93 and Im afraid to leave them off for any period of time. Good thing is I can leave it on as the big part of a clutch job is from underneath.

I have been tinkering with mounts and such for the gopro and was thinking to use the gopro to follow along as I do the clutch job. I know youtube doesn't have much on c4s and figured it might be nice to show others how easy the job is or what it involves. Will see how that goes ! Hoping to start the clutch any day now !
I like the idea of doing a clutch job vid on the C4! If you can, go for it!
Originally Posted by 5abivt
Also forgot to mention Im still tryingto sort out what to do about the Photobucket issue. Not having an easy time finding a site that will do 3rd party hosting as I don't need a photo site for much else.
Mike not to sound like a smartass, but why not just upload pics using the forum? It's easy.
5abivt (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 04:37 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Thanks for the update Mike. I completely understand having to fit everything in a day!

I'd definitely like to see a clutch vid if you can put one together...good luck with the new house and keeping the Z free of damage.
5abivt (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:14 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Yep, you can upload pics directly now.
5abivt (08-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 08-23-2017, 11:01 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
I like the idea of doing a clutch job vid on the C4! If you can, go for it!

Mike not to sound like a smartass, but why not just upload pics using the forum? It's easy.
Will do my best with making a video. At the least I'll have pics of the install! Regarding pics will reply below

Thanks for the update Mike. I completely understand having to fit everything in a day!

I'd definitely like to see a clutch vid if you can put one together...good luck with the new house and keeping the Z free of damage.
Thanks very much ! And most welcome. I feel bad not updating but have been so busy with work almost 12 hrs 7 days a week. Really is wearing me down

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Yep, you can upload pics directly now.

I have never tried it but will look into it for sure. Now that pb has broken countless threads on so many forums and sites across the web I think most forums will do the same. Reason I was looking for a site to do it is I do link and post various things on so many forums that I always found it convenient to go to pb, find the folder and picture and grab the link etc.

May be a temporary solution.... trying this site :
Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Vanity Bob Plates
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

And the latest?.................................
5abivt (11-28-2017)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:18 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

You guys should make an Instagram account, and follow him. Same name on Instagram, 5abivt. He is waiting on a new rear main seal, and working on the clutch.
5abivt (11-28-2017)

Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!