Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !! - Page 26 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 05-13-2017, 12:10 PM   #501
1993C4LT1
CF Senior Member

Very anxious to see the wheels on the s550
1993C4LT1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:35 AM   #502
2ljd

Mike,

Just watched tonight's episode of Legendary Motorcars and saw you and your Z...great job representing the C4 ZR-1s!

Too bad the Trans-Am won the 5k...
2ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #503
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ljd View Post
Mike,

Just watched tonight's episode of Legendary Motorcars and saw you and your Z...great job representing the C4 ZR-1s!

I saw it as well....I tuned in about ten mins after show started and I remember reading you were going to be on one day..

Car looks great.....The detailing on your car looks great....Still say it's theee nicest looking Z I have ever seen....

Im thinking that TA that won would have probably beaten anything they threw against it......It was a great story...Picked it up for a grand and did all the work himself..

In my opinion since the Z is very rare, you were a close second....

​​​​​​​
zrc3john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #504
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ljd View Post
Mike,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
I saw it as well....I tuned in about ten mins after show started and I remember reading you were going to be on one day..

Car looks great.....The detailing on your car looks great....Still say it's theee nicest looking Z I have ever seen....

Im thinking that TA that won would have probably beaten anything they threw against it......It was a great story...Picked it up for a grand and did all the work himself..

In my opinion since the Z is very rare, you were a close second....

​​​​​​​

Thanks guys !! I've yet to see it but will figure it out I can't wait to check it out. The TA was nice and the owner was a nice guy and we got along really well.

I'll just say I never thought my car had a remote chance of winning and I was happy to be there. As the show progressed and the attention it received had me wondering of course if I did have a chance but there were a few things that were plain as day: The sponsor buys and sells mostly 'original' cars so I felt that was against me since mine is modified. The ZR-1 isn't a musclecar, imo more modern muscle. The judges were quite old.. and I felt being modified and lowered this car didn't even register on their points sheet lol. the TA is at a point where it's desired and it's value is going up as well so it's at a different point in its value/collector curve. Comparing the two cars to me is like facing an amputee vs Usain bolt in a 100m hurdles race. But it was a great experience overall

Last edited by 5abivt; 05-20-2017 at 02:31 AM.
5abivt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #505
95wht6spd
CF Senior Member

If you find the video on line, please post it. I have not seen that show in a while, but it is pretty good.
95wht6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #506
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wht6spd View Post
If you find the video on line, please post it. I have not seen that show in a while, but it is pretty good.
I sent them an email . I'm in Canada so I can't view it on YouTube. If you are in America search "auto show sells a Ferrari" I believe the video is up . I will find the link just a sec .
Old 05-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #507
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Not sure if this works .. I still haven't seen it grr lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GkKiNx...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 PM   #508
gs568
CF Senior Member

Congrats on making the show. Not to take away anything from your build, the TA builder and story was better in the sense that the owner taught himself to do 90% of the work. He stated that he learned a lot from youtube and from the advice of others.
gs568 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gs568 For This Useful Post:
5abivt (05-20-2017)
Old 05-20-2017, 02:38 AM   #509
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs568 View Post
Congrats on making the show. Not to take away anything from your build, the TA builder and story was better in the sense that the owner taught himself to do 90% of the work. He stated that he learned a lot from youtube and from the advice of others.
Thx! Doesn't take anything away at all he was a great guy and we spent a lot of time together there at the show. I had a dilemma about what to say although I decided I didn't think it would have made any difference either way so I just kept it simple. I will say I've wanted to modify that trans am for like 20 years lol. I wanted a gold one , lowered on nice 19" wheels and more of a fat tire and stance . It's been done now countless times over recent years as the trend has become mainstream. I just wish I had the money and means back then !!
Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #510
JimZRyd
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '12

Watched the episode today. Way to represent the ZR-1 crowd Mike! Car looks great

Jim
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!
  •