Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4 ZR-1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 06-28-2019, 09:49 PM
1993C4LT1
CF Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 332 Posts

His car will make C4s go in high demand if it ends up on the smoking tire. Just here to keep Mike motivated
The following users liked this post:
5abivt (07-04-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 11:31 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1 View Post
His car will make C4s go in high demand if it ends up on the smoking tire. Just here to keep Mike motivated
I doubt it....C4 ZR-1 prices are in the toilet...I own a 91...Nothing seems to help the value of these cars...
5abivt (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 12:32 AM
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r View Post
Hi Mike, hello from calgary. I mustíve missed what happened, I did not know the Z was torn down at the moment. Where is the best place to follow your progress? On Instagram somewhere else or here?

I recently purchased one and I am sending it in for its out of province inspection in the coming days.
Hi Mike congrats on the purchase ! Any details ? Year /color etc ? Nothing really happened I just chose to do a whole bunch of stuff at the same time and with our new house being delayed it just got put on hold for a while .. that turned into almost 3 years now ! :| I do try and post updates here and on Instagram as well although I try to keep the mustang stuff at a minimum here lol!

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd View Post
Did you do more on the roof brace?

You need to get your car on The Smoking Tire-One Take.
no progress at all. My main focus right now is to finish the oil cooler lines, engine mounts, cooling system (rad, hoses), few other Ďwhile in there stuffí and finish the rear main seal and twin disc clutch install to get the car back on the ground so I can bring it home. Once the car is home the next step is the roof brace and a few interior things (bit of a surprise ). I think I did mention it earlier but I have conversed with Matt.. and Iíd love to get it on there. Iím thinking possibly to fly him down and what would be cool is to have him drive all 3 of my cars (wishful thinking) but that would mean even the 93 would need to be running. He said if we fly him up here he can do 6 takes in 1/2 days so he would be hoping for a few cars. At the very least, I want to try and have a bone stock C4, or stock ZR-1 to drive before he drives mine. Considering he hasnít driven any stock ones or decently modified C4s it would give him the perspective I think of the changes I made.. wether he likes them or not!

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1 View Post
Appreciate the encouragement always from you and everyone else who participates in any way shape or form It definitely helps ! I tried not to bump this thread for a little bit until I could actually get started but happy that I finally have !
Old 06-29-2019, 12:38 AM
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
I doubt it....C4 ZR-1 prices are in the toilet...I own a 91...Nothing seems to help the value of these cars...
Its an interesting time for C4 zr-1s. While many donít seem to fetch much I did just see a 9k mike admiral 95 sell in short order and delivered in a matter of days.. $50k I think ? Just depends on what people want. I usually donít get into the value debate but imo C4s donít age very well and most are under maintained, and just arenít listed to their potential (detailing, photo quality, ad quality, where itís listed /exposure etc) .. there are a lot of variables to take into account.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:05 AM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
Its an interesting time for C4 zr-1s. While many donít seem to fetch much I did just see a 9k mike admiral 95 sell in short order and delivered in a matter of days.. $50k I think ? Just depends on what people want. I usually donít get into the value debate but imo C4s donít age very well and most are under maintained, and just arenít listed to their potential (detailing, photo quality, ad quality, where itís listed /exposure etc) .. there are a lot of variables to take into account.
Agree...Most C4's I do see and I really don't see many, are not in good shape..

It almost seems like a forgotten class of corvette....Back in the early 90's Chevrolet took advantage of a market where they were basically the only game in town with the ZR-1....Hence the astronomical price of these cars back in the day....In my opinion, way overpriced...Heck, that's business...Can't blame them....

Today different story....A lot of American car companies are putting out very powerful cars so they are competing with one another....If that was the case back than, would we see a sticker price of $60,000 ballooning to $74,000 for a 95?...
You can basically get a brand new C7 for a lot less money than what these cars cost new.....I drove a C7 Z51 at Ron Fellows and its an incredible car for the money.....

So in retrospect, the price of what these cars are going for today I'm guessing,that's what there worth....Can't say how could these drop this much compared to what they were new....At the time Chevy took advantage of being the only game in town....
5abivt (07-04-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:46 AM
95wht6spd
CF Senior Member

Received 115 Likes on 106 Posts

He has done at least 2 C4s on the show.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:22 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

prices for c4s in general including zr-1 are very affordable. I see a few well under 20k which are quite nice cars with a low of 13k for a relatively nice car and 16k for a very nice one.

a few strokers for good prices varying from 40k on down for 415s which trust me is cheap.

way back in the day I paid 55k for the LSV and sold off 5k of take off parts over time

and John's car is a SMOKING deal as is the nice LPE white red car

c5s are the same and price very low for nice cars.

real value of the z is to buy it a drive it as they are fantastic and unique cars.
5abivt (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 08:13 PM
5abivt
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
Agree...Most C4's I do see and I really don't see many, are not in good shape..

It almost seems like a forgotten class of corvette....Back in the early 90's Chevrolet took advantage of a market where they were basically the only game in town with the ZR-1....Hence the astronomical price of these cars back in the day....In my opinion, way overpriced...Heck, that's business...Can't blame them....

Today different story....A lot of American car companies are putting out very powerful cars so they are competing with one another....If that was the case back than, would we see a sticker price of $60,000 ballooning to $74,000 for a 95?...
You can basically get a brand new C7 for a lot less money than what these cars cost new.....I drove a C7 Z51 at Ron Fellows and its an incredible car for the money.....

So in retrospect, the price of what these cars are going for today I'm guessing,that's what there worth....Can't say how could these drop this much compared to what they were new....At the time Chevy took advantage of being the only game in town....
Different perspective for sure. Personally I donít feel Chevy took advantage of being the only game in town. Given the economy and the LS investment and c5 around the corner I think it was a hell of a risk to even have the c4 ZR-1. The timing just wasnít great for these kinds of cars.
As for value I think these cars are just like the rest.. there ARE people who will pay a very nice amount for a clean stock mint low mile ZR-1. I see them sell here and there. There are a lot of factors of course and I always like to mention that this car came and went before the social media era. Imagine the advertising .. compare it to today where an average Joe can type a few words and search and learn that a gt350 has a flat plane crank and is incredible to drive. Back then there was none of it. It was a difficult sell imo especially that the C4 was already out for 6 years. I think itís evident today that most people who know nothing of late C4s be it LT1s or LT4s or Lt5 zr1s simply recall the 84+/ 80s Versions anytime C4 is mentioned. In the end itís one reason I love the car. No doubt itís a reason why the car gets a lot of attention at various car meets. I call it a rolling lesson on corvette history .
Sort of rambling here but another reason is the musclecars started to make a comeback in value and restore mods became a thing mid/late 90s. All of a sudden people started thinking the ZR-1 was going to be a rare appreciating collectible. Something not many talk about is back in the 50s-70s car detailing wasnít a big thing. There was very little knowledge out there on how to detail and maintain cars. Fast forward to today and detailing is a billion dollar industry with 5 new ceramic spray coatings being pushed on Facebook and Instagram weekly promising Godís own mirror reflections in the paint. So the way I see it most of the musclecars rotted and deteriorated, leaving few left that always had demand and prices rose. With C4s everyone started to bubble wrap them and the knowledge was out there on detailing and maintaining them and there are simply way too many Zr1s floating around that are in great shape. Most everyone that sees a high priced Z says the same thing.. keep looking for a better deal.. and rightfully so.. there are just a lot of clean examples still around.

Ive seen those two one takes of C4s. I donít feel theyíre a good representation of the generation but then again.. they canít be since there were quite a few different C4s throughout its run. The black C4 was a kids budget modded falling apart car that is imo a representation of the vast majority of the C4s deteriorating today. I would have preferred Matt drove a stock, low mile clean example.. be it a L98, LT1/4 or ZR-1 to compare. I always say the C4s are one of the WORST aging cars and one of the most under maintained enthusiast cars out there. But when taken care of and maintained they are quite nice. Either way.. I think a nice review and drive of my car might open up many peoples eyes on how these cars can drive when modified.

Forgive the ramble .. Iím at my sons soccer and theyíre not doing much worth watching lol. Tomorrow however Iím back at the Z !
1993C4LT1 (07-04-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 11:22 PM
1993C4LT1
CF Senior Member

Received 379 Likes on 332 Posts

Right on point Mike.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: