C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:43 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

ive been following your progress, VERY NICE!! holy smokes!! and will continue to follow. it gives me motivation to do more to mine. I have a question about the shifter install. I assume you installed it with the exhaust removed? If so, how do you think it would be with the exhaust in place? I want to do shifter upgrade and I don't remember how much of a pain in the butt it was to get to it. I replaced my transmission almost 10 years ago, things are a lil fuzzy from back then..LOL
Old 08-10-2013, 11:29 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Thanks . I did pull the exhaust because I was installing the corsa Im trying to even picture if the exhaust would get in the way but Im not really sure. From reading previous people's threads on the Install I think I understand why they used a long punch.. To get through the exhaust pipes and tap the pin out. I will get under the car soon again to do the clutch flywheel and headers .. And frame brace . ill take a look at how much clearance there is with the exhaust up and report back. The shifter has made a WORLD of a difference. With the corsa (which has REALLY surprised me) I feel like I'm driving 10x more car.

Not much to report but thought it was funny and wanted to share how low I have the car now. How low is too low? How about my exhaust hitting the road on a few occasions sending sparks all over the road behind me my mufflers are approx 3-3.5" off the road. Its been my goal and I'm absolutely loving the Z it looks absolutely incredible from behind. I just can't wait to get the rims on and the invos with their amazing tread pattern it will look killer.

Here's a few pics from last night.. Added another coat of sealant so its getting shiny.. Paint feels like glass.

Not the best pic but a reaarview shot. Will work on a fiber grit for the piping to give more of a shine.

Last edited by 5abivt; 08-10-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:31 AM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Thank you! Looks great! Suggestion for polishing the exhaust, ive bought some polishing wheels from harbor freight in various sizes and shapes. they work pretty well. I also bought a small air powered polishing tool. its works ok, but it uses a lot of air.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:35 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

Latest pics are awesome!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:22 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Thanks was after a coat of polish and some nice lighting at the local Friday night vette meet! The slr is going to get some nice photos this week of the car I can't wait!

Dropped the rims off yesterday. The fun thing about doing it yourself.. I have 3 different finishes on the spokes, the sides and on the outer sections.. Gives a nicer look to my eyes in the light. Basically my goal was to achieve a bright silver look while being bare metal. While I like a polished finish I wanted to avoid anything too shiny.. The lips and barrels are mirror polished I didn't want the wheel getting lost in reflections. Almost like a raw aluminum look. Should be finished Wednesday. Booked an appt for having the tires installed thurs so ill be assembling the wheels hopefully wed night. By thursday night they should be on the car !!! Few photos...

Vette meet last Friday night

My friend Kevin's 96 ... Considered too low by most. Made me chuckle at the difference in height . I have since lowered the front a tiny bit and the new tire sizes will drop .5 from the overall diameter so the car will drop .25 more!!

Appreciate the tips on the exhaust!! Will pick up some sanding blocks in finer grit tonight and may try a flapper wheel first !
Old 08-12-2013, 04:28 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Nice!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:38 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM
mike2977
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand of wheel is on the Blue Vette? Earlier pictures, not the latest 5 spoke ones.
What is the size of the wheel and the size of the tires?

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:38 PM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

The paint looks like glass! VERY NICE!

David
Old 08-14-2013, 03:32 AM
groovyjay
Le Mans Master

Received 169 Likes on 91 Posts

I really like your style!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

car is in good hands and you have made some tasteful and well thought out mods

like to hear more about the carbon wrap on the license plate

that looks great. I'm considering doing that on a targa lexan roof that has a bit of damage to the tint coat from an unfortunate encounter with duct tape

do NOT put tape on these tops. ask me how I know.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:05 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mike2977
What brand of wheel is on the Blue Vette? Earlier pictures, not the latest 5 spoke ones.
What is the size of the wheel and the size of the tires?

Thanks.
I forged seneka. 19x11.5 and 19x10 fronts. 255/35/19 f and 305/30/19 rear in the pics. Tires will be 245/35 and 295/30 when it gets back on the road

Originally Posted by LT5corsa

The paint looks like glass! VERY NICE!

David
Ty

Originally Posted by groovyjay
I really like your style!!!
Ty

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
car is in good hands and you have made some tasteful and well thought out mods

like to hear more about the carbon wrap on the license plate

that looks great. I'm considering doing that on a targa lexan roof that has a bit of damage to the tint coat from an unfortunate encounter with duct tape

do NOT put tape on these tops. ask me how I know.
Appreciate the compliments ! The carbon wrap is very fun stuff. Basically cut out slightly larger than the size you need. Peel and stick it on. $7 hobby knife and trim excess. $15 heat gun, warm up the wrap and it gets really really soft and use fingers to press into corners and mold it onto curves etc. the more you play with it the better you will get. Start out with a few square objects and practice working the corners , folding over the edges.. Trimming with the knife and that's it. Its not very difficult and as you do more parts it gets easier and easier. For fun I may wrap the halo bar a carbon blue I found that matches admiral very well. Best part is you don't like it .. Heat and peel off. Barely any residue.

Now for an update !!! RIMS ARE DONE !! Its assembly time

Just a quick post the other night saw a few f body guys at the local timmies I had to say hi. Took a few pics and wanted to post.. Amazing how big the ta's look next to a lowered c4

Anyhow on to updates...
Getting the parts ready to build wheels !!

Bad boys

Clear came out beautiful !

Rear barrels

I couldn't help but mock one up.. Drum roll..

Wife wouldn't be happy I turned the basement into a wheel assembly line.. Thankfully she's out of town for work lol

Old 08-15-2013, 05:40 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Aaaaaand... Stupid me didn't measure the lips and barrels and looks like the barrels are the wrong sizes . Now to wait for replacements in the correct size... Might as well put the car up and get the headers/clutch+ flywheel in the meantime !!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

You'll like the Invos. They stick pretty nicely even w 450+ at the wheel.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:59 AM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

5abivt, how is your name/plate pronounced, or what does it mean?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pushrod-v8
5abivt, how is your name/plate pronounced, or what does it mean?
It doesn't actually mean anything specific. My brother ordered his ss new in 97 he had 5ABI SS so I just got VT so wed have matching plates. We are East Indian (well my parents - I'm Canadian ) so 5 is 'punj' in our language making 'Punjabi' vette. 'Ab' in our language means rivers so Punjabi means 5 Rivers. So In the end really it means 5 rivers corvette

I had to have the invos because of the tread pattern. I didn't mind the softness because I like to run 42/40 psi anyways. The smoothness and quietness made the choice easy as I plan to make some trips in the car.

Off to buffalo I go I'm mailing back 2 barrels and picking up my stereo setup and headers

Last edited by 5abivt; 08-15-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:26 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Picked up some goodies. New barrels are on order so hopefully in a week or so I can finally have the car looking the way I want.

Wife is going to kill me when she sees what the basement looks like !
Wheel parts

Replacement airbox housing.. May try and sand it smooth and wrap the top visible side.

Pretty boys are here. Jerry's gaskets and the v10 stainless bolts are somewhere. I kind of wish SW made the collectors longer and a better merge... Like the non factory connect or non catted. I'm wishing that I went non catted but boy that would be LOUD!

Stereo setup that will go in. Most likely a winter project unless I get lots of free time to tear into the dash and do wiring etc. ill be stealing the bass tube from the 93 which is self amplified for the lows. Sort of a minimalist setup without adding much weight or big boxes etc. front tweets will be cut into the door panels . Rear tweets will be placed ahead of the targa storage mounts so the highs don't get killed by the roof when its out. With the the no-flex frame stiffeners I'm expecting to have the roof out quite a bit

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:41 PM
pushrod-v8
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

No flex frame stiffeners? Please explain more...
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pushrod-v8
No flex frame stiffeners? Please explain more...
http://www.vette2vette.com/product/8...ner-bar-system

I plan to add a camber brace if I can find one And a harness bar if I can find one as well. Should tighten things up .

Did r-d make a brace for the lt5?

Oh and WTB SAMCO air duct !!!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Great thread! Man you inspire me! Which SW system did you go with ? Looks like the cats are polished, is the whole set up polished or is this something you did yourself? I'm a sucker for bling

Jim

Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!