C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 PM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
[left]

I’ve been to downtown New York City in the 93 Lt1 vette years ago after a day at englishtoen New Jersey’s track for a GM high tech shootout.. I do recall the downtown area having potholes that I couldn’t believe. Having said that yes I need to be careful but I think you’re right in that our roads are quite decent around Ontario. Here’s my daily... just a recent pic with the summers on and ride height readjusted. It gets around everywhere without issue.. but these cars are quite high stock vs C4s. If I do get a Chance and budget permits I have 2 ideas that will completely change my exhaust setup anyways and both will likely increase clearance in the back.
1st let me say that Hot Wheels photoshop of your ZR1 is amazing but why wouldn't be? Your ZR1 is amazing.
Neither of your cars are suitable for suitable for New York City roads as they sit now. The wheel and tire combinations would not survive the pot holes.
The following users liked this post:
5abivt (07-06-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 12:55 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 3JsVette
1st let me say that Hot Wheels photoshop of your ZR1 is amazing but why wouldn't be? Your ZR1 is amazing.
Neither of your cars are suitable for suitable for New York City roads as they sit now. The wheel and tire combinations would not survive the pot holes.
Thanks ! The wheel and tire combination I would trust just as much as an oem wheel and even more so than say an oe wheels replica wheel or other china brand cast wheels. Its the ride height that would worry me and the bottom of the car.

Last edited by 5abivt; 06-19-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 04:56 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Quick update: Plenum is off and I sent the fuel pressure regulator out for a rebuild. I recorded a video and did a short 1 minute version for instagram. Still working on editing a clip for youtube.

1 min plenum pull (fast forwarded!) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ols5...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-06-2018, 04:58 PM
RossGN
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Who did you send FP regulator to, for rebuild?
5abivt (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 05:02 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by RossGN
Who did you send FP regulator to, for rebuild?
I sent it out to Phil not sure what his screen name is on here on cf. There is a thread on zr1 registry about how he machines a retaining plate and replaces it etc.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:49 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Been a long time since I updated and parts have been piled forever. I moved into our new place after almost 3 years of delays .. and started working on the garage to make it how I want before I bring the ZR-1 and the 93 home. Epoxied my floor (not epoxy but ‘polycuremine’ supposedly advertised as 20x stronger than epoxy) and have to finish the lower foundation and paint still and then the lighting. The goal was to diy and keep costs low as possible. I mean why would I pay someone to have anything done when the money could go towards a stroker build

few quick pics of fhe house and garage ...

The lot a few years ago..

Got most everything what I wanted in my home. No sidewalk , and facing south. The shade at just 2-3pm is fantastic. Looking forward to washing my car earlier in the day without having to deal with water drying and leaving water spots 😇

Few weeks ago. The biggest surprise was the garage doors.. I’m in love with them. I didn’t even know they were glass and light comes through <3

Last edited by 5abivt; 10-08-2018 at 03:51 PM.
1993C4LT1 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 03:55 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Few pics of getting the garage ready..

after pics.. went very light on the flake. Don’t want to be doing ‘where’s waldo’ On the floor when I drop a nut or bolt!

fancy pic

Certainly can’t wait to get pics of the z inside ... with the walls and ceiling painted and with all the new lighting (still to do)

1993C4LT1 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 03:59 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

And back on topic. got the new custom modified fuel pressure regulator in. Absolutely love it. Rails are out of the way and am about to start pulling the injector housings for new gaskets and sealing... then to go down the list one by one ... new rad, cooling hoses, pcv hoses and fittings, oil cooler lines ... and much more ..

Last edited by 5abivt; 10-08-2018 at 04:05 PM.
1993C4LT1 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 05:15 PM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Looks good. I just moved into a new home too, glad to have an over sized garage and extra wide door too. Can get both my Vettes in and still have room to work around etc.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:29 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

So jealous, two car garage lol.....Mine is a one car with no door.....That's what happens in community drives in NY.....Garage is too small for the Z, would have to extend garage to put a door on it which leaves no room to back car in..

Oh well...And to think the home is worth around 800K and its only a 2 bedroom attached.....The Big apple...Better have big pockets...

Anyway, great looking home...Enjoy it to the fullest....

Last edited by zrc3john; 10-08-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:34 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Looks good. I just moved into a new home too, glad to have an over sized garage and extra wide door too. Can get both my Vettes in and still have room to work around etc.
Originally Posted by zrc3john
So jealous, two car garage lol.....Mine is a one car with no door.....That's what happens in community drives in NY.....Garage is too small for the Z, would have to extend garage to put a door on it which leaves no room to back car in..

Oh well...And to think the home is worth around 800K and its only a 2 bedroom attached.....The Big apple...Better have big pockets...

Anyway, great looking home...Enjoy it to the fullest....

thanks guys ! it’s ddfinitely not the biggest.. I think depth wise my last home was deeper but it was a 1 -3/4 gaarage becasue the door cane into the garage making it only possible for a very small car to fit. In that case it worked for me as it left me a lot is space to work around the car. I tried to get the builder to give me a single door but they refused but I don’t mind the double doors since I plan (fingers crossed) to get a 4 post on one side so I can stack the C4s. With a 4 post a single door wouldn’t have been much more useful if any.

Sitting here draining coolant ... never seems to end out of this thing lol...
Old 10-08-2018, 07:05 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Love the before pics of house before it was built. to working on the Z.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:15 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

4 post lift is a great idea.....You can even get one second hand.....Friend of mine has one to stack his GTO's...
Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM
petecaballero
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice to see you back. Killer house, killer cars, happy family...you are living the dream!!!! Congrats!!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 10:46 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

The garage looks great! I love oversized doors--mine is a double door but it is 18' wide instead of the usual 16'. Critical to allow the lift to be left of centerline so wife has enough room. You don't seem to have that issue with two separate doors. When I put my lift in I had a garage door guy raise the tracks up to within about 6" of the ceiling so the cars would clear the open door when parked front end in. Also Installed a Liftmaster 3800 jackshaft opener so nothing in the middle of the ceiling. Works great. Looks like you have plenty of ceiling height for a lift-I have only 10' so my 5' tall car and my 4' tall car just fit with a couple inches to spare. Also put electrical outlets on the ceiling to power the opener, the lift and battery charger so they are not on the floor. And I love my Floorguard floor something like yours. Plenty more pics in my albums section if you need them. --Bob

Garage has an 18' wide door--really helpful because lift is actually iside the garage centerline and still has 22" on the side.

Liftmaster 3800

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 10-09-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:28 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Ok guys, don't mean to make you jealous but, check this out !!! Lol...

Woo hoo !!!!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
Love the before pics of house before it was built. to working on the Z.
Thx ! I have like a million pics but I had to try and stay on topic
4 post lift is a great idea.....You can even get one second hand.....Friend of mine has one to stack his GTO's...
I didn’t actually consider that again but picking up one second hand is definitely a possibility. Last time I searched the used market there were several great deals I found !
Originally Posted by petecaballero
Nice to see you back. Killer house, killer cars, happy family...you are living the dream!!!! Congrats!!!!
thanks Pete ! Definitely happy where I am right now. My wife would probably say we’d have an even bigger home if I didn’t spend on my cars lol !

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
The garage looks great! I love oversized doors--mine is a double door but it is 18' wide instead of the usual 16'. Critical to allow the lift to be left of centerline so wife has enough room. You don't seem to have that issue with two separate doors. When I put my lift in I had a garage door guy raise the tracks up to within about 6" of the ceiling so the cars would clear the open door when parked front end in. Also Installed a Liftmaster 3800 jackshaft opener so nothing in the middle of the ceiling. Works great. Looks like you have plenty of ceiling height for a lift-I have only 10' so my 5' tall car and my 4' tall car just fit with a couple inches to spare. Also put electrical outlets on the ceiling to power the opener, the lift and battery charger so they are not on the floor. And I love my Floorguard floor something like yours. Plenty more pics in my albums section if you need them. --Bob

Garage has an 18' wide door--really helpful because lift is actually iside the garage centerline and still has 22" on the side.

Liftmaster 3800
Thanks ! And wow that looks fantastic ! Yes my ceilings are high and I did look into those same liftmaster units and the quote I got was too much for me to bear. Because both C4s are really low I don’t think I’ll need too much ceiling clearance so I may look into extending the rails myself and a stiffer spring torsion bar (not sure what it’s called) and then use a basic belt drive unit and install it myself. I have a tough time wanting to spend too much when the car parts ‘want list’ is just way too long !!
Ok guys, don't mean to make you jealous but, check this out !!! Lol...

Woo hoo !!!!
Hey most guys don’t even have a garage it’s a workspace !

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 10-09-2018, 07:55 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Bob do you have a lock for the door with that Jackshaft operator?
Old 10-10-2018, 11:32 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
Bob do you have a lock for the door with that Jackshaft operator?
Hi Jeff--
No, there is no lock on the door itself. (Below is a picture of the door closed). With a regular opener it pushes the door closed and holds it so you can't open it from the outside once closed. With a jackshaft opener you could arguably just lift it up when it is closed, so what they do is have a solenoid on the side that thrusts a 1/2" diameter steel locking pin into a hole in the track to prevent it from being opened. When you push a button or enter a code to open it, the pin slides back. Has worked fine for five years. --Bob

Old 10-10-2018, 12:25 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Hi Jeff--
No, there is no lock on the door itself. (Below is a picture of the door closed). With a regular opener it pushes the door closed and holds it so you can't open it from the outside once closed. With a jackshaft opener you could arguably just lift it up when it is closed, so what they do is have a solenoid on the side that thrusts a 1/2" diameter steel locking pin into a hole in the track to prevent it from being opened. When you push a button or enter a code to open it, the pin slides back. Has worked fine for five years. --Bob
Yes, the steel pin is the locking mechanism for the jackshaft operator. I was curious if it was installed with the opener..

BTW, I work for Chamberlain (Liftmaster)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!