C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LSV Broke!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 10:54 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Pete runs 129 w 40 CID less. What gear are you using?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Pete runs 129 w 40 CID less. What gear are you using?

4.10s Pete really has created an amazing package!! my car has "old school" heads and there is probably quite a bit of power left on the table by updating. I'd love to experiment and port more and re-time the cams to see if I could get more out of the car.

Pete runs better ETs too! love to hear more about the "FBI builds" as you guys have really updated the state of the art on the LT5
Old 09-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
4.10s Pete really has created an amazing package!! my car has "old school" heads and there is probably quite a bit of power left on the table by updating. I'd love to experiment and port more and re-time the cams to see if I could get more out of the car.

Pete runs better ETs too! love to hear more about the "FBI builds" as you guys have really updated the state of the art on the LT5
Ron,

You should bring it over and let Pete "freshen" it up a bit. He just did another Lingenfelter although not a 390. Could be a relatively inexpensive upgrade.
BTW, he has used both 4.10s and 3.45s.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

working on the C5 TT right now. no mod money until something sells!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 PM
BlackWidow#2
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Ron,
Glad everything seems ok with the LSV.
I checked out East Coast Supercharging at Carlisle again this year.
They always have alot of sick stuff. Where is or where will the C5 be rwhp wise?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by BlackWidow#2
Hey Ron,
Glad everything seems ok with the LSV.
I checked out East Coast Supercharging at Carlisle again this year.
They always have alot of sick stuff. Where is or where will the C5 be rwhp wise?
looking to go to 900 rwhp. it's at 800 now.

considering an iron block. the current engine has a light tapping at idle and up to around 1800 rpms so I think it has a bad wrist pin, piston, or bearing going bad. I'm going to put slightly bigger turbine . AR .82, 3" downpipes (champion), haltech ecm to control the fuel and alchy together, 127 bosch injectors, and an upgrade to the fuel system.

gonna cost me. but I have an old school 496 chevy on the stand that I hope to sell along with a procharger M3 (like D1sc) blower and some miscellaneous big block parts to help fund the project.

the old LSV will solider along "as is" for a while as dropping 10k or more for a 40 hp bump really isn't worth it.

looking to maybe go back to a stock suspension (lowered) as I've never been real happy with the ride on the coil overs. a bit too punishing.

after riding around in phil's car I think going back to more of a cruiser rather than "bruiser" is the direction for the LSV. it's a driver!!!

spending alot of time in the turbo buick too. that old buzzin half duzzing will still put a whoppin on the lsv with only a 3.8.

it just hooks, and books. the big buick is alot lighter too. might just have to keep is as it's just too much fun to sell!!!

the TA looks like it will bring more cash. I also hate to sell it, but somethings gotta go.

look on racing junk for the adds if anyone is interested or contact me via PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:54 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I never clicked this thread passing it off as a caddy thread at first lol.. What does lsv stand for ? I keep debating on parting out my 93 and building a serious motor for the z. Some kick **** mph and numbers there !!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 PM
95ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 5abivt
What does lsv stand for ?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-z...13339-lsv.html
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Yup,

Lingenfelter Special Vehicle

there is a little LSV badge with the bowtie on the back of the car. I believe only 3 of them actually made it onto the ZR-1

I made the mistake of thinking it stood for

Lingenfelter Super Vette, because when you stand on it, it is!

Quick Reply: LSV Broke!