C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Dakota Digital Speedo Box Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2022, 06:28 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Default Dakota Digital Speedo Box Issue.

Has anyone else run into this... changed the diff to a 4.10 and needed speedo correction. Picked up a Dakota Digital SGI-5c, I've done this before with no issues. Wired it in to the yellow VSS wire as directed, provided power and ground to the DD box.

It works fine, however, intermittently, when the car comes to a stop the speedo will read fluctuating speeds from 1 to 100 mph. The car is not moving but the speedo reads the fluctuating speeds! I contacted Dakota Digital and was told I'm getting ground interference.

I've moved the ground three times the last being to the transmission itself and still have the problem. I checked and retightened the battery negative cable at both the battery and where it grounds to the block. I retightened the positive cable as well. The battery checks out with a resting voltage of 12.9 volts. I have routed the signal wires away from each other and made sure they are not next to any other wiring.

I'm running out of ideas. I suppose the alternator could be a cause however there have been no other electrical issues with the car.
Any help would be appreciated. This post will be found in other forums as well.
TIA
H

Last edited by ccmano; 08-23-2022 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital Speedo Box Issue.