C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR-1 Exhaust For Sale (Michigan)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 09:22 PM
Sting424
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR-1 Exhaust For Sale (Michigan)

Asking $500 OBO.

I have an exhaust system off a 1990 ZR-1 for sale. The exhaust has had the resonator removed and replaced with an X-pipe. The closed port on both mufflers has also been opened. This is just the 1-piece cat-back portion of the system. I bought my ZR-1 with this on it, and the car sounds really awesome with it. But I wanted to restore the vehicle to factory condition, so I have this modified exhaust available. I'm located in Michigan (Detroit area). Please let me know with any questions.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:33 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Sting424
Asking $500 OBO.

I have an exhaust system off a 1990 ZR-1 for sale. The exhaust has had the resonator removed and replaced with an X-pipe. The closed port on both mufflers has also been opened. This is just the 1-piece cat-back portion of the system. I bought my ZR-1 with this on it, and the car sounds really awesome with it. But I wanted to restore the vehicle to factory condition, so I have this modified exhaust available. I'm located in Michigan (Detroit area). Please let me know with any questions.
There was no "closed port" on ZR-1 exhaust. You should go back and do your homework.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:32 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

So someone cut a hole in the muffler at the dummy exhaust tip? I know of people who did this on the early C4 system and it had unbearable drone
Old 03-01-2016, 02:26 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by We Gone
So someone cut a hole in the muffler at the dummy exhaust tip? I know of people who did this on the early C4 system and it had unbearable drone
They just opened up the Helmholz resonators in the mufflers, which are supposed to be completely closed chambers to cancel out the sound waves that create the loud resonance. --Bob
Old 03-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Tdot ZR1
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sting424
Asking $500 OBO.

Have you found an original exhaust? I have one (complete) that I'd part with. Good condition used.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 Exhaust For Sale (Michigan)

Quick Reply: ZR-1 Exhaust For Sale (Michigan)