C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone maybe willing to trade wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:47 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Anyone maybe willing to trade wheels?

Figure I would put this out there..

Have a 91 ZR1 with factory saw blades with factory warning stickers still on......Always cleaned and regularly buffed with metal Polish where the aluminum can be polished...I'm a stickler when it comes to wheels, so I try my best to keep them nice.

Excellent condition.....I like the look of the chrome A-molds...Just thinking if anyone in the northeast would maybe want to swap or something...

Just figure I would put this out there...

Can forward photos of wheels....
Old 04-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by zrc3john

Have a 91 ZR1 with factory saw blades with factory warning stickers still on......Always cleaned and regularly buffed with metal Polish where the aluminum can be polished...I'm a stickler when it comes to wheels, so I try my best to keep them nice.

Excellent condition.....I like the look of the chrome A-molds...Just thinking if anyone in the northeast would maybe want to swap or something...

There's a set for sale somewhere around here but don't think anybody would be willing to trade for what you have just to let you know. And the stock 91 wheels are cleared coated so averytime you buff on the surface your removing the clear. Good luck on your search.

Last edited by Z51JEFF; 04-09-2016 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:13 AM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
There's a set for sale somewhere around here but don't think anybody would be willing to trade for what you have just to let R you know. And the stock 91 wheels are cleared coated so averytime you buff on the surface your removing the clear. Good luck on your search.
Hey thanks Jeff I will keep an eye out ...Yeah I really don't buff the middle of the wheel...I use polish on the aluminum lip and the inside edges ....
Old 04-10-2016, 06:18 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Hey thanks Jeff I will keep an eye out ...Yeah I really don't buff the middle of the wheel...I use polish on the aluminum lip and the inside edges ....
My point being the part your buffing is also clear coated.
The following users liked this post:
zrc3john (04-10-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

The Chrome A-Molds are typically aftermarket. The original A-Molds were painted. A Few folks have those polished and then cleared and they look pretty good and almost like chrome. Lots of knockoffs out there in the market. FYSA
Old 04-11-2016, 02:39 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
The Chrome A-Molds are typically aftermarket. The original A-Molds were painted. A Few folks have those polished and then cleared and they look pretty good and almost like chrome. Lots of knockoffs out there in the market. FYSA
Yes that's true....I do like the look of the factory A-molds...There are a lot of knock offs out there.....A lot do not have that deep lug look in the rear which looks so good on the ZR1.....
Old 04-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Keep the saw blades. you'll regret trading the oem wheels with original stickers. buy a set of repro A-molds.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:47 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Keep the saw blades. you'll regret trading the oem wheels with original stickers. buy a set of repro A-molds.

Marty
Old 04-12-2016, 03:14 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

The wheels on my Ruby still have the original stickers on them to. I have FM5's, but only 3. If anyone is willing to sell me one in 17x9.5 I'm all ears. OP, I agree with the others, buy a repro set of ZR1's.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone maybe willing to trade wheels?

Quick Reply: Anyone maybe willing to trade wheels?