C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Mecum, Houston 2016 ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 09:24 PM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Mecum, Houston 2016 ZR-1

Gents,

Went to Mecum here in Houston on Saturday. Watched a '91 ZR-1 cross the auction stage early on Saturday. Was impressed the bidding went up to $26,000, but the owner had a higher reserve, so it didn't sell. Car reportedly had a little over 7,100 miles on it. Black on Black, believe the car was #1182 or thereabout. Paint was orignal, but needed some TLC to bring it back out, couple of rock chips on hood and bumper and some scratches (minor). Engine compartment was stock, but in dire need of cleanup. Interior ok, not sure about all electronics, specifically BOSE amps, head unit, etcetera as I never got to see the owner before it crossed the stage.

This was, in my mind, a very strong offer for this '91. There were a lot of other vehicles, very nice ones, that were underbid, some significantly. Just a reference check for all of us with ZR-1's in our stable..
Old 04-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by jss06c6
Gents,

Went to Mecum here in Houston on Saturday. Watched a '91 ZR-1 cross the auction stage early on Saturday. Was impressed the bidding went up to $26,000, but the owner had a higher reserve, so it didn't sell. Car reportedly had a little over 7,100 miles on it. Black on Black, believe the car was #1182 or thereabout. Paint was orignal, but needed some TLC to bring it back out, couple of rock chips on hood and bumper and some scratches (minor). Engine compartment was stock, but in dire need of cleanup. Interior ok, not sure about all electronics, specifically BOSE amps, head unit, etcetera as I never got to see the owner before it crossed the stage.

This was, in my mind, a very strong offer for this '91. There were a lot of other vehicles, very nice ones, that were underbid, some significantly. Just a reference check for all of us with ZR-1's in our stable..
Hmmmm..... Very interesting. Thanks for the report!
Old 04-21-2016, 08:54 AM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Been following the prices of these cars religiously since the time I bought mine,11-14....
In my opinion buyer should have let it go considering you mention the paint needs TLC...., engine compartment needs sprucing up among other things...Doubt the injectors were changed either...

There was a red 90 I was following on eBay a few weeks back....Seller posted 99 photos and a clear full ten minute video .....Car was flawless.....I would have bought it sight unseen..Red/tan one owner car...54,000 miles.....Flawless .....Car sold for 17,300....
I will try to post the link.....Probably the cleanest early year Z I have seen..Documented with full paperwork....

Last edited by zrc3john; 04-21-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:15 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by zrc3john
Been following the prices of these cars religiously since the time I bought mine,11-14....
In my opinion buyer should have let it go considering you mention the paint needs TLC...., engine compartment needs sprucing up among other things...Doubt the injectors were changed either...

There was a red 90 I was following on eBay a few weeks back....Seller posted 99 photos and a clear full ten minute video .....Car was flawless.....I would have bought it sight unseen..Red/tan one owner car...54,000 miles.....Flawless .....Car sold for 17,300....
I will try to post the link.....Probably the cleanest early year Z I have seen..Documented with full paperwork....
There are some VERY nice ZR-1's out there. My '91 is almost pristine and I love it. Each owner has their price, and this one felt the car should get more. I'm happy to see the market beginning to respond to a very nice piece of engineering that won't soon be repeated.

Get notified of new replies

To Mecum, Houston 2016 ZR-1

Quick Reply: Mecum, Houston 2016 ZR-1