C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Callaway replica?

Old 02-28-2017, 06:03 PM
MB_evo2
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Callaway Chris
Yes, the AtomicZ, I remember the conversion of that car, and while it was "before my time" at Callaway, I know the company went through great lengths to make that one happen

This one, and the DDS LT5 saga, seem to be old stories of requesting an AeroBody during the time when the wider, ZR-1 specific body wasn't available. The molds were destroyed in a fire, and parts were not available. This was a pretty well-known fact, and in the end, we went the extra mile and made parts again - so this "story" is a non-issue, really, when you think about all involved.

I am trying to recall exactly when we responded, but had a customer who "4-cornered" their Callaway CR-1, and in that time, we worked with his shop to reproduce the specific ZR-1 width molds, thus making the parts available again.

Now to tell you the cost was high, would be an understatement. But our company is committed to our customers, and to their vehicles. We stock parts on the shelf, and even today, still manufacture parts which are obsolete. Not every supplier is still in business, 30 years after the first B2K was made, so we make the parts, where we can.

Regarding the emblems though, our company policy is that we will not - and do not sell emblems unless a vehicle has the "Power Side" of the Callaway equation. We also do not sell specific parts, primarily for the B2K-era cars, unless someone actually has a B2K. These policies are to prevent cloning. We do not have "fake" Callaways out there, as a result.

Celebrating 40 years in business, and 30 years with the Callaway Corvette, our company provides excellent products and packages, supported by a team of engineers and fine craftsmen, who truly take pride in the work we deliver.

We have three locations - one in CT, one in CA, and one in Germany. Our business hours are M-F, 9-5 EST, and by appointment most any other time. We are at shows throughout the year, and online most of the time.

If we can be of service, please let us know. Thank you.
Thank you very much Chris!

What is your address in Germany?

Second question: if I bring a ZR1 to CT will you agree to convert it into a Sledgehammer ?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:30 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by MB_evo2

Second question: if I bring a ZR1 to CT will you agree to convert it into a Sledgehammer ?
Callaway Competition is located in Leingarten, Germany

Address: Liebigstraße 31, 74211 Leingarten, Germany
Phone: +49 7131 90310

If you bring us a ZR-1, no, we would not build as a Sledgehammer. The Callaway Sledgehammer was something else, and the LT5 isn't compatible with the things we did on the powertrain side of that project.

But if your question is about adding the Callaway AeroBody, to have the look, then we could supply the package. Please let me know, as I've been awaiting your return to this thread and would be glad to help if we can. Thanks,
Old 04-07-2017, 11:09 PM
ZR-1 RG8
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist
Default Duplicate in Europe somewhere

I have always loved the Aerobody ZR-1, IMO, the C4 Callaway Aerobody is the best Looking Corvette ever!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (04-21-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 11:12 PM
ZR-1 RG8
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C4 of Year Finalist

Two different cars. Sledgehammer is based on an L98 Platform. If your serious about a TT Callaway LT5 I am sure Chris may be able to find one for you.
Old 04-08-2017, 11:50 AM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Yea so far 3 emails and no answer ...so I am waiting anxiously for an answer!
Remembering how you emailed after hours over a weekend, I guess it's our turn to wait... But if you were seriously interested, please let me know, as we'd be glad to help

Originally Posted by ZR-1 RG8
Two different cars. Sledgehammer is based on an L98 Platform. If your serious about a TT Callaway LT5 I am sure Chris may be able to find one for you.
I know of a TT LT-5 available right now, but since this guy hasn't been online in a month, perhaps he's moved on

Old 04-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Vette Daddy
Le Mans Master

Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
You need to climb back over to OT where your clever humor is slightly more appreciated,it's not welcome here. Oh,and you have a little something on your nose. I'm done here.
Like a bad penny.....
Old 04-08-2017, 02:15 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Vette Daddy
Like a bad penny.....
Glad to see my fan club is still alive and kicking. I didn't even know you were here anymore...figured you were still getting jollies by excommunicating real, high contribution level owner-enthusiasts from the ZR-1 Registry.

Funny thing about a bad penny...it's still worth more than that garbage claim that was presented earlier.

Last edited by SurfnSun; 04-08-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:23 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,862 Likes on 1,080 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

C'mon, you guys. We're all in the Vette family so let's try to get along,ok?
Old 04-08-2017, 06:39 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZR-1 RG8
I have always loved the Aerobody ZR-1, IMO, the C4 Callaway Aerobody is the best Looking Corvette ever!
I owned that Purple Aerobody from 2002-04. Those 18" OZ Mito wheels came off my Red 90 ZR-1. I purchased them from Callaway in early 1998. They looked great on my modified 90 but belong on that Aerobody.

Last edited by USAZR1; 04-08-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:49 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 642 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by USAZR1
C'mon, you guys. We're all in the Vette family so let's try to get along,ok?
Hey Clint,nice to see you back. Can't argue with that tool,that douche bag will keep this bull$hit runnin forever. I guess at some point somebody appointed said douche bag the Official internet monitor.🤣
Old 04-08-2017, 08:00 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Hey Clint,nice to see you back.
Thank you, Jeff. I've really missed not having a Corvette. Guess ZR-1's are just in my blood. With the way prices are still stagnant, I hope to find another nice modified car at a price this retired fella can afford.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:28 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Hey Clint,nice to see you back. Can't argue with that tool,that douche bag will keep this bull$hit runnin forever. I guess at some point somebody appointed said douche bag the Official internet monitor.🤣
I agree Clint, there is nothing like being attacked by a guy that told two blatant lies in this thread and by another guy that soiled his good name by giving off the appearance of intellectual property theft.

Jeff can call me a douche all he wants, he's the on that promised to leave this discussion but is still here....go figure.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
I agree Clint, there is nothing like being attacked by a guy that told two blatant lies in this thread and by another guy that soiled his good name by giving off the appearance of intellectual property theft.

Jeff can call me a douche all he wants, he's the on that promised to leave this discussion but is still here....go figure.
You are a douche bag and you've got the integrity of a dead slug,couldn't stand getting your feelings hurt over in OT nor could you compete over there so you thought you'de slide on over here slingin your crap. Your a tool,you have absolutely nothing to offer here so why don't you just go away.😢
Old 04-08-2017, 08:54 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

You are a douche bag and you've got the integrity of a dead slug,couldn't stand getting your feelings hurt over in OT nor could you compete over there so you thought you'de slide on over here slingin your crap. Your a tool,you have absolutely nothing to offer here so why don't you just go away.😢
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...roperty-3.html

Jeff, seriously...how old are you? With all the name calling? I smoked you in this thread by calling out your false claim,the one you couldn't validate. Then you took your anger to CFOT where they made you look like a mental midget too. Face it...you suck at the internet. it's ok, I'm sure you're good at something.

Last edited by SurfnSun; 04-08-2017 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:00 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...roperty-3.html

Jeff, seriously...how old are you? With all the name calling? I smoked you in this thread by calling out your false claim,the one you couldn't validate. Then you took your anger to CFOT where they made you look like a total mental midget there as well. Face it...you suck at the internet. it's ok, I'm sure you're good at something.
Yea,they hurt my feelings about as much as you did,runnin your mouth on a car forum.The only thing you smoked is your a$$.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:04 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

Yea,they hurt my feelings about as much as you did,runnin your mouth on a car forum.The only thing you smoked is your a$$.

Go ahead and prove that by posting all of the people complaining about Callaway customer service....we'll wait.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Go ahead and prove that by posting all of the people complaining about Callaway customer service....we'll wait.
And you've got the audacity to slam Brett H for what? What's your complaint against him? I've never meet the guy,I think I've talked to him on the phone once but I have seen what the guy is capable of,besides runnin your mouth and showing the world just how cleaver you are with your mouth and wit on a car forum can you do any of what he's done? Have you built a one off car that's been honored at one of the Countrys premier auto events? As far as banning somebody on the other forum do you have firsthand knowledge of why somebody was banned or reprimanded,did they break a rule or was the Moderator just being a bully and wanted to squash somebody?

Last edited by Z51JEFF; 04-08-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Callaway replica?

Old 04-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

We'll wait? You got a mouse in your pocket? I honestly don't think anybody gives a ratsass about this thread but you,Im just here waiting for my wife to finish doing something so we can go to dinner,in other words I'm killin time. What are you doing,beside being the internets monitor for all that is bad?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:43 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '10

We'll wait? You got a mouse in your pocket? I honestly don't think anybody gives a ratsass about this thread but you,Im just here waiting for my wife to finish doing something so we can go to dinner,in other words I'm killin time. What are you doing,beside being the internets monitor for all that is bad?

I think it's funny that I have you so fired up.

1. I read the registry raspberries...I believe tshirts was the issue.

2. I am not a car builder by profession, I have not built any show cars. I have been asked to judge cars at one of the most premier Corvette shows in the nation though. I am however pretty good at what I do for a living as well. Kudos to him for success..hopefully he uses his talent for good.

3. Go find the thread on making molds of the Callaway Aerobody...you can't bc it got trashed when they realized this issue it had become. Who do you think was talking about making the molds? Notice I said "appearance," perhaps the intent wasn't to copy it but that notion was not shut down immediately like it should have been. Hell its been 6-7 years ago...I don't think much of Brett anymore. Honestly didn't even know he was still here as I don't follow him like you guys do me. You seem to stay on my profile views all of the time...you creepy stalker you.

if I left any of your laundry list out, let me know. See I answered the questions when asked...

oh since you're curious about what I'm doing....I just bathed and put my two sons to bed. I appreciate you asking.

Last edited by SurfnSun; 04-08-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

I think it's funny that I have you so fired up.

1. I read the registry raspberries...I believe tshirts was the issue.

2. I am not a car builder by profession, I have not built any show cars. I have been asked to judge cars at one of the most premier Corvette shows in the nation though. I am however pretty good at what I do for a living as well. Kudos to him for success..hopefully he uses his talent for good.

3. Go find the thread on making molds of the Callaway Aerobody...you can't bc it got trashed when they realized this issue it had become. Who do you think was talking about making the molds? Notice I said "appearance," perhaps the intent wasn't to copy it but that notion was not shut down immediately like it should have been. Hell its been 6-7 years ago...I don't think much of Brett anymore. Honestly didn't even know he was still here as I don't follow him like you guys do me. You seem to stay on my profile views all of the time...you creepy stalker you.

if I left any of your laundry list out, let me know. See I answered the questions when asked...

oh since you're curious about what I'm doing....I just bathed and put my two sons to bed. I appreciate you asking.
I'm not fired up,not even close. You seem to have run out of cleaver things to say,if nothin comes to mind you can always remind me I own a C4.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Callaway replica?