C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LT5 cam upgrade???

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:18 PM
ccmano
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
As a Registry member for 10years, and Registry Board member for the last 3, I have never run into any examples of their work. It would be worthwhile to see this as another option for our members.
Mike Jones of Jones Cams and Chris Straub of Straub Technologies are both well known Cam designers and engine builders in the SBC, BBC and LS areas. They do work on other engines as well and are heavily involved in various forms of racing. Straub is out of TN. And Jones is in NC.

Still, I doubt either one has any experience with LT5 engines. Would be interested to see if they do.
H
Old 01-25-2018, 09:57 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 367 Likes on 314 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

They are respected cam designers but the catch with LT5 parts is often the cost of tooling up to manufacture the part as it is a small market.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:30 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by ccmano
Mike Jones of Jones Cams and Chris Straub of Straub Technologies are both well known Cam designers and engine builders in the SBC, BBC and LS areas. They do work on other engines as well and are heavily involved in various forms of racing. Straub is out of TN. And Jones is in NC.

Still, I doubt either one has any experience with LT5 engines. Would be interested to see if they do.
H
Let’s face it, the LT5 is a DIY type of passion. One of the reasons I really enjoy it.

Quick Reply: LT5 cam upgrade???