C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Mutt Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Looking to locate non-working FPR for rebuild evaluation.

Simply by chance I happened to discover raw fuel leaking out my FPR’s vacuum port, which eventually explained my cold hard start problem. Upon engine shutdown, remaining fuel pressure will force fuel past a deteriorated diaphragm and into the intake manifold via the FPR vacuum hose.

New FPR's do not exist. Used ones (including fuel rails) are on the market for $500 and they are just as vulnerable to failure as mine.

My temporary repair blocks the FPR vacuum port, and vacuum line, trapping leaked fuel in the diaphragm chamber. No problems experienced during a thousand miles of driving.

I have a long time machinist friend who thinks it might be possible to rebuild the FPR and proposes to take one apart and see what might be possible. We need a guinea pig FPR. If a solution can be found, you still own the FPR and are entitled to get it returned.

Plan B involves installing a second FPR upstream of the stock FPR.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:03 PM
RichS
Le Mans Master

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Phil is working on a solution over on the Registry board. I had a bad regulator and luckily got a good used one, after getting a bad used one.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28304
Old 01-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Mutt Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichS
Phil is working on a solution over on the Registry board. I had a bad regulator and luckily got a good used one, after getting a bad used one.

http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28304
Thanks for the info. Looks as if Phil is on track to solving the issue. The pics posted on his thread will be forwarded to my machinist FHI.

Get notified of new replies

To LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator

Quick Reply: LT5 Fuel Pressure Regulator