C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

New purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 04:03 PM
JThomas
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mrk45
than ks for the reply....had a zr1 years ago and belonged to a forum that was managed by Dave Bright. Tried to get in to the new forum and it won't let me register as I don't know the answer to the secret question: what motor does the ZR1 have? Gotta be trick somehow....rapidly losing inerest.
A ZR1 has an LS-9, but a ZR-1 has an LT-5 engine, if that makes a difference.

Welcome aboard!
Old 03-31-2018, 10:59 AM
427 Bad to the Bone
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrk45
Looks like I may have just become the new owner of a 91 ZR1 thru Mecum...vin# is: 1G1YZ23J2M5801958.....

Car was last registered in Ohio....anyone have any significant info about the car?

thanks, Marty
Marty,
I think I bought the other car at Mecums in Kissimmee that was owned by the same person. The tags on both were vanity tags mine was BatKat the other car I think was KatBat and came from Perrysburg, Ohio. Unless your car came out of the Bob McDorman Chevrolet Collection. I have the owner information for my car pm me if you think your car came out of Perrysburg. What Mecum auction did you purchase it from and what was the lot number. Any information I find about your car I will pm you. Good luck with your ZR1.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:44 PM
mrk45
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 427 Bad to the Bone
Marty,
I think I bought the other car at Mecums in Kissimmee that was owned by the same person. The tags on both were vanity tags mine was BatKat the other car I think was KatBat and came from Perrysburg, Ohio. Unless your car came out of the Bob McDorman Chevrolet Collection. I have the owner information for my car pm me if you think your car came out of Perrysburg. What Mecum auction did you purchase it from and what was the lot number. Any information I find about your car I will pm you. Good luck with your ZR1.
Thanks for the note..car was originally purchased from McDorman but I don't think it was part of his collection....found out mine was originally registered to a company in Columbus and I was able to speak with the owner....a friend of mine has done a few minor things to the vehicle in the way of maintenance and updates (new injectors) etc. Big problem is that I have put on a couple of pounds since my last C4 and cannot comfortably fit in the car so I am planning on reselling it. Anticipate asking around $35,000.

I have a clean CarFax and the old registrations that verify the mileage....still under 8,000.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:55 PM
427 Bad to the Bone
Advanced

Marty,
I know the feeling this is my second 1990 ZR1 had one about 15 years ago sold it due to the seats. I have since had back surgery and needed to lose a good amount of weight. Bought this car to do the maintenance and an extensive detail and sell it.. The more we got into the car I decided to keep it and drive it. I know with under 800 miles on the car everyone that has seen the car has said I shouldn't drive it. Well I'm going to get my monies worth by driving it every chance I get.
Your car is really nice and now it's been sorted you should get your price. See Mecums Kansas City Fall 2017 Red on Red sold for 34,000.00 plus 10%. In Florida they have to include the buyers premium in the published price but not in Kansas City. I know this because I bought two cars in KC and the published price on Mecum's website is what I bid at the hammer. Good luck with your sale.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:06 PM
mrk45
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=427 Bad to the Bone;1596898929]Marty,
I know the feeling this is my second 1990 ZR1 had one about 15 years ago sold it due to the seats. I have since had back surgery and needed to lose a good amount of weight. Bought this car to do the maintenance and an extensive detail and sell it.. The more we got into the car I decided to keep it and drive it. I know with under 800 miles on the car everyone that has seen the car has said I shouldn't drive it. Well I'm going to get my monies worth by driving it every chance I get.
Your car is really nice and now it's been sorted you should get your price. See Mecums Kansas City Fall 2017 Red on Red sold for 34,000.00 plus 10%. In Florida they have to include the buyers premium in the published price but not in Kansas City. I know this because I bought two cars in KC and the published price on Mecum's website is what I bid at the hammer. Good luck with your sale.

I may have a friend of mine consign it to a dealer in Orlando to see what action it might draw....hopefully, maybe actually sell! If all else fails, we'll take it to Mecum in January at Kissimee....fortunately, I am not in a really hurry. I have my 2016 ZO6 and 2016 CTS-V to keep me busy....great comfortable rides....fast as hell and under factory warranties.
Old 04-01-2018, 02:36 AM
427 Bad to the Bone
Advanced

Just sold my 2016 Z06 Black 7 speed vert. ran out of room have an Advantage 4 post lift in one bay solved some of the storage problem. Also sold my 2009 CTS-V it ranked up in the top five cars I ever had it was the sedan really nice to take out another couple for date night. Hated to see it go economy just stayed bad too long. Mecum Kissimmee is the place to sell, sold a 1970 LT1 fresh restoration by H and H Corvette in 2012 red black interior. Look at Mecum 2012 we got top dollar.

Quick Reply: New purchase