New purchase - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

New purchase

Reply

 
 
 
Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 AM
  #1  
mrk45
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mrk45's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: Greater Downtown Parrish Fl
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default New purchase

Looks like I may have just become the new owner of a 91 ZR1 thru Mecum...vin# is: 1G1YZ23J2M5801958.....

Car was last registered in Ohio....anyone have any significant info about the car?

thanks, Marty
mrk45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:10 AM
  #2  
ccmano
CF Senior Member
 
ccmano's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Sparks NV
Posts: 1,285
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrk45 View Post
Looks like I may have just become the new owner of a 91 ZR1 thru Mecum...vin# is: 1G1YZ23J2M5801958.....

Car was last registered in Ohio....anyone have any significant info about the car?

thanks, Marty
Congratulations and welcome to the madness! More likely the folks over a Zr1.net forum can help you with that question. This community can handle just about any ZR-1 issue or question and have fun doing it. Great folks!
H
ccmano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:37 AM
  #3  
mrk45
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mrk45's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: Greater Downtown Parrish Fl
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ccmano View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the madness! More likely the folks over a Zr1.net forum can help you with that question. This community can handle just about any ZR-1 issue or question and have fun doing it. Great folks!
H
than ks for the reply....had a zr1 years ago and belonged to a forum that was managed by Dave Bright. Tried to get in to the new forum and it won't let me register as I don't know the answer to the secret question: what motor does the ZR1 have? Gotta be trick somehow....rapidly losing inerest.
mrk45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:55 AM
  #4  
ccmano
CF Senior Member
 
ccmano's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Sparks NV
Posts: 1,285
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default

I wasn’t aware there is a qualifying question. The answer is “LT5” btw. Are you trying to register on the forum or become a member of ZR1.net? You can be on the forum without being a member, there are many.

You will find it every bit as friendly a group as it was with Dave. Maybe more so. We are seeing a lot of new members currently.
H

Last edited by ccmano; 01-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.
ccmano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 PM
  #5  
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2003
Location: Charles Town WV
Posts: 17,176
Thanked 945 Times in 908 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ccmano View Post

You will find it every bit as friendly a group as it was with Dave. Maybe more so.

really?
WVZR-1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:35 PM
  #6  
ccmano
CF Senior Member
 
ccmano's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2005
Location: Sparks NV
Posts: 1,285
Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
really?
That probably came out wrong. No offense... just trying to be inviting.
H
ccmano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 PM
  #7  
FASTAZU
CF Senior Member
 
FASTAZU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: South of ???
Posts: 10,108
Thanked 276 Times in 252 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
Default

Congrats and welcome back to ZR-1 land
FASTAZU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 07:52 AM
  #8  
mrk45
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mrk45's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: Greater Downtown Parrish Fl
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Congrats and welcome back to ZR-1 land
Thanks for the welcoming comments...I have always found the Forums to be more than inviting to new members and for member always willing to assist where possible.

I still belong to the C6 ZO6 forum, C7ZO6 Forum and Cadillac CTS-V (2016) groups.....

Once I get my grubby little hands on the car, I'll fire off whatever questions I may come up with. Again, thanks from Central Florida,

Last edited by mrk45; 01-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
mrk45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:40 AM
  #9  
biggiefl
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Ellenton Florida
Posts: 434
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Parrish is not central Florida


Keep your eye out for my red rear bumper.
biggiefl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 AM
  #10  
Paul Workman
CF Senior Member
 
Paul Workman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2004
Location: "Below I-80" Illinois
Posts: 5,339
Thanked 177 Times in 164 Posts
Default

Welcome to the madness! The link to the ZR-1 Net Registry club' FORUM is HERE. You don't need to be a member to view the FORUM. But, in order to participate, like this and any forum, you have to register first. It's free of charge.

The MEMBERSHIP site requires members to enter a password, but IIRC you can also visit as a GUEST to join, of course. Annual club fee of $40 for first-time registration includes access to group purchases, special events, and a quarterly Heart Of The Beast (HOTB) magazine, and one free T-shirt (this year's shirt in in commemoration of the "BLACK WIDOW" ZR-1 cars that were specially built for racing competition).

Love to have ya join us!

Paul.
Paul Workman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:58 PM
  #11  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 821
Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mrk45 View Post
Thanks for the welcoming comments...I have always found the Forums to be more than inviting to new members and for member always willing to assist where possible.

I still belong to the C6 ZO6 forum, C7ZO6 Forum and Cadillac CTS-V (2016) groups.....

Once I get my grubby little hands on the car, I'll fire off whatever questions I may come up with. Again, thanks from Central Florida,
Best of luck with your Z...How did you come about purchasing ? Did you bid in person ? Online? Get a good price?
#428
zrc3john is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:15 PM
  #12  
XLR8TIN
CF Senior Member
 
XLR8TIN's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2002
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 711
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Welcome, let the mods begin, I have 1991 #1258
XLR8TIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:56 AM
  #13  
mrk45
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
mrk45's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2001
Location: Greater Downtown Parrish Fl
Posts: 211
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Anyone tell me where to check to get factory ride height numbers? And, where I might locate a oem replacement windscreen?

thanks, Marty
mrk45 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:10 AM
  #14  
FASTAZU
CF Senior Member
 
FASTAZU's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: South of ???
Posts: 10,108
Thanked 276 Times in 252 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
Default

Originally Posted by mrk45 View Post
Anyone tell me where to check to get factory ride height numbers? And, where I might locate a oem replacement windscreen?

thanks, Marty
Do a search of posts by WVZR-1 he has listed them many times, or if you can get a FSM it has all the info.

Hope this works



Last edited by FASTAZU; 01-17-2018 at 09:27 AM.
FASTAZU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:43 AM
  #15  
biggiefl
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Ellenton Florida
Posts: 434
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Windscreen? Did you get a convertible ZR1?
biggiefl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:46 AM
  #16  
blackbelt
CF Senior Member
 
blackbelt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Menifee California
Posts: 1,893
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by biggiefl View Post
Windscreen? Did you get a convertible ZR1?
he means front window.
blackbelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:47 AM
  #17  
blackbelt
CF Senior Member
 
blackbelt's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2001
Location: Menifee California
Posts: 1,893
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Welcome to the madness! The link to the ZR-1 Net Registry club' FORUM is HERE. You don't need to be a member to view the FORUM. But, in order to participate, like this and any forum, you have to register first. It's free of charge.

The MEMBERSHIP site requires members to enter a password, but IIRC you can also visit as a GUEST to join, of course. Annual club fee of $40 for first-time registration includes access to group purchases, special events, and a quarterly Heart Of The Beast (HOTB) magazine, and one free T-shirt (this year's shirt in in commemoration of the "BLACK WIDOW" ZR-1 cars that were specially built for racing competition).

Love to have ya join us!

Paul.

it's $45 I think.... I tried joining yesterday for about an hour but website was giving me fits. I'll try again today.
blackbelt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:56 AM
  #18  
biggiefl
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Ellenton Florida
Posts: 434
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

It was a joke....anyways....there was a guy with a new windshield on here last month that could deliver it to Ocala. I think he wanted $1400?
biggiefl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  #19  
biggiefl
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Aug 2017
Location: Ellenton Florida
Posts: 434
Thanked 16 Times in 16 Posts
Default

Marty, There is a Carlisle show in Lakeland coming up and we need Vettes. There is also the Shake station car show on the 2nd sat of every month and the big Gamble Plantation show on Feb 27th? If not maybe see you on 301 sometime.
biggiefl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:37 AM
  #20  
randy ransome
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
randy ransome's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2004
Location: Olive Branch Mississippi
Posts: 2,531
Thanked 125 Times in 93 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year
2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of Year
Default

Welcome, your per-ma-smile will start as soon as you take that first drive in the beast. It won't ET. like a C6 Z06 or C7 Z06 but it will put a smile on your face. Good Luck.





randy ransome is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New purchase


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: