C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Just some info on a miss I had

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 PM
blownrunner
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just some info on a miss I had

Hey everyone, I have received a bunch of help reading the threads on this forum so I thought I would return by telling how I cured my miss. The coil tray spade connectors had some type of corrosion/varnish on them and I had a hard time getting continuity. sanded them down and used some dielectric grease around the seals to keep moisture and humidity out. the car comes loose all the time now and it drives so smooth at 1000 RPM in 6th. Was reading how people were trying to find out why their coils were not firing so that is how I discpvered it using my meter.
The following users liked this post:
GraphMan (12-18-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by blownrunner
Hey everyone, I have received a bunch of help reading the threads on this forum so I thought I would return by telling how I cured my miss. The coil tray spade connectors had some type of corrosion/varnish on them and I had a hard time getting continuity. sanded them down and used some dielectric grease around the seals to keep moisture and humidity out. the car comes loose all the time now and it drives so smooth at 1000 RPM in 6th. Was reading how people were trying to find out why their coils were not firing so that is how I discpvered it using my meter.
Nice update
Old 05-08-2018, 09:57 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Thanks for sharing your tip.

Get notified of new replies

To Just some info on a miss I had