C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

FS or Trade: ZR-1 Custom Rear License Plate Holder/Filler

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:56 AM
56v225
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS or Trade: ZR-1 Custom Rear License Plate Holder/Filler

For sale or trade....Rear License Plate Holder/Filler for ZR-1.
$125 or Trade for OEM Rear License Plate Holder/Filler SOLD

Last edited by 56v225; 07-16-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Item Sold
Old 07-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 56v225
For sale or trade....Rear License Plate Holder/Filler for ZR-1.
$125 or Trade for OEM Rear License Plate Holder/Filler

Is this metal or plastic ? If metal I want it and SOLD
Old 07-16-2018, 02:57 PM
56v225
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldcylon
Is this metal or plastic ? If metal I want it and SOLD
PM sent
Old 07-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by 56v225
PM sent
Replied I will take it
Old 07-16-2018, 10:35 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

It's not OEM. I don't blame ya for buying that sucker up with lightening reflexes!!! Those are the ones that were made back when the LT5 registry was active. They are really nice pieces, and only a very limited run. Goldcylon: nails it!
The following users liked this post:
Goldcylon (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 11:19 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
It's not OEM. I don't blame ya for buying that sucker up with lightening reflexes!!! Those are the ones that were made back when the LT5 registry was active. They are really nice pieces, and only a very limited run. Goldcylon: nails it!
Thanks Dwight! How's that GT3 RS ?

Last edited by Goldcylon; 07-16-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

I heard it was quite the score, something about being race prepped by the previous owner.
Headers, upgraded Brembo brakes, all those things Dwight would have had to buy and install himself.
;-)

'Crabs

Thanks Dwight! How's that GT3 RS ?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:55 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Crabs
I heard it was quite the score, something about being race prepped by the previous owner.
Headers, upgraded Brembo brakes, all those things Dwight would have had to buy and install himself.
;-)

'Crabs
Tom! What's up bro? Goldcylon knows well about that car, and apparently, you've done your homework too! LOL

The car was lowered, and had a special race package installed by GMG racing by the previous owner. It is stupid fun! Race tune from the GT3 Cup car series, equal length race headers with race cats and complete exhaust system. Short throw shifter, upgraded differential. Heim joints on everything in the suspension - no a single rubber bushing on the car. The funny thing is, despite the SUPER aggressive suspension, because the geometry of the suspension is so nice, it is still pretty comfortable on the street! It has roll bar, Cup Car splitter and Cup Car Wing for added downforce in the high speed corners. Car dynos at 475 rwhp, but the claim is that it is 490 crank. Something isn't adding up there! I've 'encountered' 3rd gen Vipers and Gallardos and 350 GTR Mustangs and Supercharged C5s on track and walked them easily in either the straights or the corners, so it has some serious punch. It actually sounds exactly like a 917 race Porsche from 1970 when it goes from 6000 to 8800 rpm! So super sweet!

Thanks for putting Jeffy and Rebecca up for the night on their way to the track - I really appreciate your help, brother! That is one long *** drive, and it really does help to have a place to crash for the night at the 10 hour point.

Stay loose!
The following users liked this post:
Crabs (07-17-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Replied I will take it
Nice score Daryl. I bought one of these when I got my first ZR and still have the panel. Any idea who originally made these and why nobody is making them now?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:31 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

I saw that post around 8:45.................
then my phone rang....................
Got off of the phone....................
GONE!
I remember them from back then too!
Congrats to GC!
NICE!
Marty
p.s.
DDSLT5, great to see you back more!
Old 07-19-2018, 04:32 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
DDSLT5, great to see you back more!
Hey Marty - good to hear from ya! How's NJ?
Old 07-22-2018, 07:34 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso

Nice score Daryl. I bought one of these when I got my first ZR and still have the panel. Any idea who originally made these and why nobody is making them now?
no idea I Just remember seeing em on a few cars back in the day. Maybe Carter could make em now but I have no idea who made em back in the day. I could not pass it up. GC

Last edited by Goldcylon; 07-22-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Tom! What's up bro? Goldcylon knows well about that car, and apparently, you've done your homework too! LOL

The car was lowered, and had a special race package installed by GMG racing by the previous owner. It is stupid fun! Race tune from the GT3 Cup car series, equal length race headers with race cats and complete exhaust system. Short throw shifter, upgraded differential. Heim joints on everything in the suspension - no a single rubber bushing on the car. The funny thing is, despite the SUPER aggressive suspension, because the geometry of the suspension is so nice, it is still pretty comfortable on the street! It has roll bar, Cup Car splitter and Cup Car Wing for added downforce in the high speed corners. Car dynos at 475 rwhp, but the claim is that it is 490 crank. Something isn't adding up there! I've 'encountered' 3rd gen Vipers and Gallardos and 350 GTR Mustangs and Supercharged C5s on track and walked them easily in either the straights or the corners, so it has some serious punch. It actually sounds exactly like a 917 race Porsche from 1970 when it goes from 6000 to 8800 rpm! So super sweet!

Thanks for putting Jeffy and Rebecca up for the night on their way to the track - I really appreciate your help, brother! That is one long *** drive, and it really does help to have a place to crash for the night at the 10 hour point.

Stay loose!

Yes I do and it's a sweet car. It took a little convincing but Dwight had it sent home. Could not believe everything that was done to that car out here in Scottsdale and we found it in the showroom. It was well RACE optioned.

Last edited by Goldcylon; 07-22-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Yes I do and it's a sweet car. It took a little convincing but Dwight had it sent home. Could not believe everything that was done to that car out here in Scottsdale and we found it in the showroom. It was well RACE optioned.

Dan arrived today. Looks great. Thanks again GC

Get notified of new replies

To FS or Trade: ZR-1 Custom Rear License Plate Holder/Filler

Quick Reply: FS or Trade: ZR-1 Custom Rear License Plate Holder/Filler