C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR1 Electrical vs. Regular C4 Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 03:21 AM
Beaverpelt
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default ZR1 Electrical vs. Regular C4 Electrical

Does anyone know the difference between the ZR1 electrical and the regular C4 electrical? There's a lot of really good info available online for the C4, not so much that I can find specific to the ZR1. It has a completely different engine (original LT5), and maybe more electrical differences that I'm not even aware of.

Looking for ZR1 specific electrical diagrams, VATS bypasses, the works. Reason I'm asking is I saw a ZR1 for sale, but it has electrical issues, and I want a reasonable assurance that it could be fixed without dumping more money than it's worth. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2018, 09:40 AM
Crabs
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

Some minor wiring differences under the dash, the valet switch and the DIS.
Totally different animal under the hood.
You will need this, and they are year specific, as each year is slightly different.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Chevro...AAAOSwX~dWjknb

My thought is that there are too many good affordable ZR1's in the market place right now to go wasting your time and money on one that has serious electrical gremlins.

'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Old 08-28-2018, 09:47 AM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

What are the issues?

I have a complete 90 dash harness with electronic AC controls, as well as a few others but the harnesses are pretty much specific to the Z and it depends on the model year.

The tail light harness and the one that runs to the rear of the car for speakers and such could be the same as a normal C4 from the same year. Maybe.

but if you pass on it pass on the sellers info I may be interested
jp

Last edited by phrogs; 08-28-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 Electrical vs. Regular C4 Electrical

Quick Reply: ZR1 Electrical vs. Regular C4 Electrical