C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Im a fish out of water here.....

Old 09-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Pixiwings75
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im a fish out of water here.....

When my dad passed away he left a 95 zr1 in the garage. I am not sure where to begin in my attempt to sell it. I don't know much about cars at all. My dad was a mechanic, NYC fireman and a true car lover. I dont know anything about this forum and half of the stuff you guys post is like a different language to me. I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong spot and any guidance would be appreciated. I thought I would come here because my dad had a true passion for cars. It seems to me that is something that everyone on this site shares. This car is the only thing in my entire life that my dad spent money on for himself. It was used when he bought it. But its the most money he ever spent on anything. I am basically looking for information on how much I should sell it for. I thought about keeping it for sentimental reasons, but to really honor my dad it should end up in the hands of someone who really has a passion for the car. If anyone can tell me if there is a more appropriate spot to post this I would appreciate that too.
Thanks guys.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:34 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,218 Likes on 13,928 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

I'm going to move this to the C4 ZR1 Discussion area where the members there should be able to help you out with a value. I would recommend that you add more information on the car - mileage, condition, any problem areas, modifications, etc. so that the members can give you a better idea on the price.

In terms of forum rules for listing cars, please refer to the link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

When you get ready to list the car, feel free to contact any Moderator that deals with the C4 Sections - they will be listed at the bottom of the page that you are on.
The following users liked this post:
Pixiwings75 (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
I'm going to move this to the C4 ZR1 Discussion area where the members there should be able to help you out with a value. I would recommend that you add more information on the car - mileage, condition, any problem areas, modifications, etc. so that the members can give you a better idea on the price.

In terms of forum rules for listing cars, please refer to the link below.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...eir-parts.html

When you get ready to list the car, feel free to contact any Moderator that deals with the C4 Sections - they will be listed at the bottom of the page that you are on.

Condition, mileage, PICTURES - would help a lot.

Also, there is an international ZR-1 club (aka ZR1 Net Registry) which would also avail you to a group of passionate ZR-1 owners. Follow the link to their FORUM for further exposure to folks that can also help you price and sell the car (if that is what you want to do...in spite of having a classic Corvette on your hands!).

I sit on the Registry's Board of Directors. PM me, and I'll be glad to help you.

Pixiwings75 (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 10:26 AM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree with Paul, referring you to the ZR1 Net Registry. From reading your original post, it sounds like you would need help from an experienced ZR-1 owner to accurately judge the cars condition & even to take the pictures that matter most. The ZR1 Net Registry has a lot of members located in your vicinity who could help you and may even know about your fathers ZR-1. It is a close knit group.

Selling a ZR-1 can be challenging and may requires some time to obtain the maximum value. Opinions on value range widely. Like any subject, opinions will range from low to high, leaving the true value somewhere in between, where most opinions will agree. Owners in the ZR1 Net Registry can offer advice & assistance in this area as well.
Pixiwings75 (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 08:26 PM
RICHARD TILL
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He must be colorblind, can`t read or both. How hard is it to post the mileage, color and last four vin numbers. Fellas, this is an attention seeker.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:23 PM
Pixiwings75
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RICHARD TILL
He must be colorblind, can`t read or both. How hard is it to post the mileage, color and last four vin numbers. Fellas, this is an attention seeker.
It is hard to post mileage color and last four vin numbers when you have never sold a car and feel it would be better to get advice on where I should even be looking for advice. Cleary given the responses above I was not in the right place and they Kindly directed me to where I should be discussing this. I don't know the mileage because it hasn't been started since my father passed away and needs a new battery. It is white with a red interior. I have no idea why I would post the last 4 digits of a vin number because I have never sold my dead fathers car before. Let me put you in a cosmetic store and then berate you for not knowing how to base match. I came on here admitting my ignorance and asking for guidance. I am not sure why you feel the need to belittle me for what I don't know. My post is labeled fish out of water. Because I clearly have no idea what I should be looking for or what information someone would need. Luckily there were plenty of nice folks who explained to me where I should be asking these questions and what information is relevant for people to help me.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:54 PM
Dynomite
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Pixiwings75
When my dad passed away he left a 95 zr1 in the garage. I am not sure where to begin in my attempt to sell it. I don't know much about cars at all. My dad was a mechanic, NYC fireman and a true car lover. I am basically looking for information on how much I should sell it for. I thought about keeping it for sentimental reasons, but to really honor my dad it should end up in the hands of someone who really has a passion for the car. If anyone can tell me if there is a more appropriate spot to post this I would appreciate that too.
Thanks guys.
You are in the right spot...…..will answer any and all questions
Check out my signature and the sticky at top of this section....

Without mileage and some photos of engine and exterior/interior.....say $20K to $40K...…….I bought a 95' for $19K with 85K miles but in mint condition and well maintained.....could go 150K miles easily. I am putting on new rear wheel bearings and spicer U-joints. Did a top end with injectors and vacuum system and some other stuff
Start here for 95' reconditioning...…. A 1995 Top End was rebuilt and best tricks linked here
Post 230 - 1995 (#0186) LT5 SPECIFIC TOP END REBUILD TRICKS

All in my signature......The big deal will be photos of engine, photos exterior/interior, mileage, number of owners, and maybe maintenance records if you have.....which I did have for my 95' which is a big plus to know what oils were used for example.

I would suggest from your Dad's interests....this 95' will be in excellent condition......so start at say $25K for high mileage (85K to 95K miles) and $35K-$40K for very low mileage (15K-25K miles).....Also list all major maintenance and modifications.....
one more item is "does it have double Dunn Heads"
The list of Double Dunn Heads from VIN number is not complete but is an indication.
Color IS important and you say white with red interior
Checking for Dunn Heads TIPS

Last edited by Dynomite; 09-10-2018 at 01:24 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Im a fish out of water here.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Im a fish out of water here.....