C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Need help withan 89 muffler exhaust hanger

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:52 PM
mrdpanther
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help withan 89 muffler exhaust hanger

I have a broken muffler exhaust hanger (original part). I tried purchasing on-line and at an auto parts store. In both cases, I received an L-shaped replacement bracket that is 3" long to attach to the muffler and 3" long to clamp into the hanger clamp under the car. The problem is that the clamp is 3 inches away from the muffler and, as such, will not hold the bracket. I compared to the right side bracket, which is approximately 6" long to account for the distance. I then went to a Chevy dealer, who showed me that their replacement part was the same as those that I had already purchased. The parts guy suggested that I try Corvette Central for the part. When I tried that, the part did not show (or list) a detailed length, but it looked to be the same as those that I had purchased. I found this website and hoped that I could find some help as to where to purchase a bracket that will work.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Need help withan 89 muffler exhaust hanger