C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

I want to lower my ZR any advice or suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 04:42 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by 93Blackrose
What spring rates and lengths did you end up with? Thanks.
I’ll have to look up the springs rates and get back with you. But the lengths...have no idea. They are adjustable for height and they didn’t discuss spring length with me when I ordered.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:06 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Demps? I've never heard of them. interested if you have a link etc... I still have factory FX3 that's working.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by bowtiguy
Demps? I've never heard of them. interested if you have a link etc... I still have factory FX3 that's working.
Dempsey is EVOLUTION MOTORSPORTS.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:10 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1
I really want to lower my 91 ZR1. To those who have lowered cars any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. For now I will be staying with either the cars original saw blades or the set of chrome A molds. But I really love the look of lowered C4's in general.
All depends on how much lower you are looking to go. The cheapest simplest diy method is to pull the front spring, cut the spring pads on the ends or in the middle and either use wedges, the pad material that was cut or cut the bracket it self in the middle to lower the front. Longer bolts will accomplish the rear. I have Vansteel coilovers on the zr-1 but have the stiffest GM offered springs on my 93 with custom valved and length Biklsteins on my 93 LT1 car. the Lt1 car is far superior to the coilovers. For a simple 1" drop,which can make a dramatic difference in looks and no impact on ride quality I would cut the spring pads front and lowering bolts in rear. Only downside is if you want to go lower, you have to disassemble the front again and cut more.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:14 PM
ZWILDZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 173 Likes on 123 Posts

5abvit, I only want to drop the front about an one to one and half inches front and say two inches in the back. My FX3 still works and would like to retain that for now.
The following users liked this post:
5abivt (10-08-2018)

Quick Reply: I want to lower my ZR any advice or suggestions.