ZR1 Hood Emblem - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR1 Hood Emblem

Old 10-11-2018, 09:49 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Member

Default ZR1 Hood Emblem

Not sure what to do. But the previous owner installed a single hood emblem on the left side of my 91 Turquoise Metallic ZR1. I can't seem to find one in this color and they made a lot of them in 91. Has anyone taken a ZR1 emblem and had it refinished to match another color? I have thought about taking it off but don't want to risk screwing up the paint.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:47 AM
Dredgeguy

Check ebay, there are a couple
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-rear-bumper-ZR-1-emblem-GM-NOS-1990-1995-90-91-92-93-94-95/122583685119?hash=item1c8a8e97ff:g:L-wAAOSwMvtZXVnB:rk:30:pf:0
Old 10-12-2018, 11:14 AM
JThomas
CF Senior Member

The paint shop I used to repaint my car also repainted the original ZR-1 emblem on the rear. Originally it was dark red metallic.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:33 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Member

I keep checking Ebay hoping to find one in my color but as of yet just about every color but. So I thought I would buy one that was not too much money and have it painted to 42U.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:51 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Yeah don't try to take it off,there glued on....Keep looking, ebay is a good source....
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 PM
Z51JEFF
CF Senior Member

Location: Fremont Ca. I will do No business with ANY company that boycotts Arizona.

These aren’t hard to find,just give it some time and you will find one.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:44 PM
phrogs
CF Senior Member

It's just plastic thats painted.
so you could have one refinished to match.
I have a few of these but they are for a black 90
Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Member

That's why I 'm keeping my eye out for a cheap one on ebay. Not going to spend $50-70 for one I'm going to have repainted anyway. If I get a white one I can tape over the black ZR1 and the Chevron scuff and paint the correct color. Unless I get lucky and one Turquoise Metallic shows up. I wish someone would start making them but it's a pretty small market.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1 View Post
That's why I 'm keeping my eye out for a cheap one on ebay. Not going to spend $50-70 for one I'm going to have repainted anyway. If I get a white one I can tape over the black ZR1 and the Chevron scuff and paint the correct color. Unless I get lucky and one Turquoise Metallic shows up. I wish someone would start making them but it's a pretty small market.
Yes, keep eyeballing ebay.....I'm sure no one will notice if you do in fact paint it......I like how the Z looks with the lettering on the fenders..
Old Today, 08:22 AM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1 View Post
Not sure what to do. But the previous owner installed a single hood emblem on the left side of my 91 Turquoise Metallic ZR1. I can't seem to find one in this color and they made a lot of them in 91. Has anyone taken a ZR1 emblem and had it refinished to match another color? I have thought about taking it off but don't want to risk screwing up the paint.

I doubt the PO installed a 'single' but rather than 'pierce' the hood and install correctly the PO just used a double sided tape install and the 'other' has just fallen off. Is the other side of the hood pierced? I'd think removal wouldn't be an issue.

Post a 'WTB' - why waste the time doing daily searches? Seems silly!

Last edited by WVZR-1; Today at 08:26 AM.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: