Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Thinking of selling my Z,is $30,000 a stretch?

 
Old 11-02-2018, 10:36 PM
  #41  
ZWILDZR1
CF Senior Member
 
ZWILDZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 186
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default


That is exactly why I bought another ZR1. I sold my last Trans Am back in 93. It was a real Y82 special edition car almost exactly like the movie car just minus the 8 track player. I tried to sell it about a year prior but this guy after agreeing to my price tried and beat me down. I sent him packing. The car was all stock and needed to be restored but was very respectable driver. With a blown tranny I got $3500.00 for her and wished I had just held on to it and restored it myself. I would have bought one this time around but I'm sorry to me they are not worth 50-60 K and up for a restored car. I'm not going to pay that. I guess one reason is cause I had two of them so no need to buy something I wanted as a kid.

So this year I decided it was time after not having one for almost ten years to get another car. I knew what I wanted. Either a low mile very clean stock car or one that had been modified with the right stuff. I looked at a few cars local. All junk really. Like a car in Delaware a 94 with some serious issues that I declined to make an offer on. A 91 with low miles about 20K but must have sat outside and close to the ocean it was a mess. They wanted $20,000.00 for it and it was horrible. But when a car showed up on ebay that was done by Marc Haibeck with one of his 510 packages and it actually made 528 H.P. I was all over it.

Did I pay too much for this car? Maybe. But it was exactly what I wanted. At 38K it went to Haibeck for the package and it now had 48K on it. I paid $21,400 for it but it really gave me something others on the market for more money couldn't. The truth is if you buy a nice car with mid miles for around 18k and spend the money with Haibeck for the 510 package you would have 28k in it. And if you decide to sell it that's money your not going to see back. But that's part of the car hobby. Most of the time your not going to see money back. Your lucky if you break even. Yes there are exceptions.

There just isn't much love for the C4 Corvette's. In general it seems that the 96 Grand Sport gets most of the love. I think it's because of all that went into it. The special paint scheme along with the LT4 and maybe cause it was just one year. The ZR1 is just way too much a sleeper looking so much like the stock C4. At least back in 1990 there was a bigger look difference between the ZR and the regular C4. But in 91 when they gave the base cars the same rear bumper they kind of really sealed the fate. The ZR1's needed more than what GM was doing with the body. So it gets no love. Look at all the differences between a C6 Z06 and ZR1 compared to the stock cars. They learned that people wanted more not just performance. They want to be seen and people knowing what they got. Something you got back when you bought a Trans Am back in 1970-81. The later cars didn't have the performance but they sure looked the part.
ZWILDZR1 is offline  
Old 11-02-2018, 10:55 PM
  #42  
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Missouri
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1 View Post

That is exactly why I bought another ZR1. I sold my last Trans Am back in 93. It was a real Y82 special edition car almost exactly like the movie car just minus the 8 track player. I tried to sell it about a year prior but this guy after agreeing to my price tried and beat me down. I sent him packing. The car was all stock and needed to be restored but was very respectable driver. With a blown tranny I got $3500.00 for her and wished I had just held on to it and restored it myself. I would have bought one this time around but I'm sorry to me they are not worth 50-60 K and up for a restored car. I'm not going to pay that. I guess one reason is cause I had two of them so no need to buy something I wanted as a kid.

So this year I decided it was time after not having one for almost ten years to get another car. I knew what I wanted. Either a low mile very clean stock car or one that had been modified with the right stuff. I looked at a few cars local. All junk really. Like a car in Delaware a 94 with some serious issues that I declined to make an offer on. A 91 with low miles about 20K but must have sat outside and close to the ocean it was a mess. They wanted $20,000.00 for it and it was horrible. But when a car showed up on ebay that was done by Marc Haibeck with one of his 510 packages and it actually made 528 H.P. I was all over it.

Did I pay too much for this car? Maybe. But it was exactly what I wanted. At 38K it went to Haibeck for the package and it now had 48K on it. I paid $21,400 for it but it really gave me something others on the market for more money couldn't. The truth is if you buy a nice car with mid miles for around 18k and spend the money with Haibeck for the 510 package you would have 28k in it. And if you decide to sell it that's money your not going to see back. But that's part of the car hobby. Most of the time your not going to see money back. Your lucky if you break even. Yes there are exceptions.

There just isn't much love for the C4 Corvette's. In general it seems that the 96 Grand Sport gets most of the love. I think it's because of all that went into it. The special paint scheme along with the LT4 and maybe cause it was just one year. The ZR1 is just way too much a sleeper looking so much like the stock C4. At least back in 1990 there was a bigger look difference between the ZR and the regular C4. But in 91 when they gave the base cars the same rear bumper they kind of really sealed the fate. The ZR1's needed more than what GM was doing with the body. So it gets no love. Look at all the differences between a C6 Z06 and ZR1 compared to the stock cars. They learned that people wanted more not just performance. They want to be seen and people knowing what they got. Something you got back when you bought a Trans Am back in 1970-81. The later cars didn't have the performance but they sure looked the part.
if you paid $21k for that car with a MH510pkg on it you did fantastic! Beautiful car
Snakeskinner2 is offline  
Old 11-03-2018, 08:00 AM
  #43  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZWILDZR1 View Post

That is exactly why I bought another ZR1. I sold my last Trans Am back in 93. It was a real Y82 special edition car almost exactly like the movie car just minus the 8 track player. I tried to sell it about a year prior but this guy after agreeing to my price tried and beat me down. I sent him packing. The car was all stock and needed to be restored but was very respectable driver. With a blown tranny I got $3500.00 for her and wished I had just held on to it and restored it myself. I would have bought one this time around but I'm sorry to me they are not worth 50-60 K and up for a restored car. I'm not going to pay that. I guess one reason is cause I had two of them so no need to buy something I wanted as a kid.

So this year I decided it was time after not having one for almost ten years to get another car. I knew what I wanted. Either a low mile very clean stock car or one that had been modified with the right stuff. I looked at a few cars local. All junk really. Like a car in Delaware a 94 with some serious issues that I declined to make an offer on. A 91 with low miles about 20K but must have sat outside and close to the ocean it was a mess. They wanted $20,000.00 for it and it was horrible. But when a car showed up on ebay that was done by Marc Haibeck with one of his 510 packages and it actually made 528 H.P. I was all over it.

Did I pay too much for this car? Maybe. But it was exactly what I wanted. At 38K it went to Haibeck for the package and it now had 48K on it. I paid $21,400 for it but it really gave me something others on the market for more money couldn't. The truth is if you buy a nice car with mid miles for around 18k and spend the money with Haibeck for the 510 package you would have 28k in it. And if you decide to sell it that's money your not going to see back. But that's part of the car hobby. Most of the time your not going to see money back. Your lucky if you break even. Yes there are exceptions.

There just isn't much love for the C4 Corvette's. In general it seems that the 96 Grand Sport gets most of the love. I think it's because of all that went into it. The special paint scheme along with the LT4 and maybe cause it was just one year. The ZR1 is just way too much a sleeper looking so much like the stock C4. At least back in 1990 there was a bigger look difference between the ZR and the regular C4. But in 91 when they gave the base cars the same rear bumper they kind of really sealed the fate. The ZR1's needed more than what GM was doing with the body. So it gets no love. Look at all the differences between a C6 Z06 and ZR1 compared to the stock cars. They learned that people wanted more not just performance. They want to be seen and people knowing what they got. Something you got back when you bought a Trans Am back in 1970-81. The later cars didn't have the performance but they sure looked the part.
I remember seeing this car at carlisle back in Aug.....I got there on a Friday late and only got a chance to say hello to some of the registry members.....

$21,400 for that car with those mods is a bargain.....Maybe bargain is a strong word but that Z is well bought by you......I would pay 21,400 for that car all day....
zrc3john is offline  
Old 11-03-2018, 11:24 AM
  #44  
81c3
CF Senior Member
 
81c3's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2005
Location: Royal Gorge area Colorado
Posts: 7,248
Thanked 245 Times in 209 Posts
Default

I think bargain is a great word to describe that purchase.... 20 grand really isnt that much money in this day and age.... Consider all the 20 thousand dollar 4 door **** boxes that are rolling around everywhere.... all taking the same bland and boring shape, basically unidentifiable until your close enough to see a crooked H or L on the grill.... Id lay down 20 large for an exciting, different looking iconic car like the ZR-1 before considering any of the throw away crap available today...
RANT OFF!
81c3 is offline  
Old 11-03-2018, 09:18 PM
  #45  
Snakeskinner2
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: Missouri
Posts: 165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 81c3 View Post
I think bargain is a great word to describe that purchase.... 20 grand really isnt that much money in this day and age.... Consider all the 20 thousand dollar 4 door **** boxes that are rolling around everywhere.... all taking the same bland and boring shape, basically unidentifiable until your close enough to see a crooked H or L on the grill.... Id lay down 20 large for an exciting, different looking iconic car like the ZR-1 before considering any of the throw away crap available today...
RANT OFF!
EXACTLY! even at the $30k the op was considering selling for.....what can you get as an alternative...The c5z06 is what everyone throws out and it is a great car but it isn't even in the same realm of special as the zr1. I think $30k for a premo example of a c4z with all the right mods is not unreasonable at all.
Snakeskinner2 is offline  
Old 11-04-2018, 11:23 PM
  #46  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,787
Thanked 279 Times in 224 Posts
Default

These c4zr-1ís are great cars and like Rodney dangerfield. ó they get no respect from the masses but lots of respect from the few that know and understand them.

You never see them at car shows or cars and coffee events.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 06:53 AM
  #47  
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, USA VA
Posts: 7,807
Thanked 74 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo View Post
These c4zr-1ís are great cars and like Rodney dangerfield. ó they get no respect from the masses but lots of respect from the few that know and understand them.

You never see them at car shows or cars and coffee events.
if you are in the market for a modded Z buying it done is a great way to go if done by a reputable shop. I bought a used DRM and a couple of LPEs and they were smokin deals in comparison to paying for the package.

Haibeck is the same, only more affordable for the ponies you get. That car would be an ok deal WITHOUT the mods and unfortunately modded cars aren't well understood and don't often fetch the $ they are worth.

if you reclaimed every $, that car is worth 35k. So 21k is a smoking deal indeed.
Rkreigh is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 07:02 AM
  #48  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
if you are in the market for a modded Z buying it done is a great way to go if done by a reputable shop. I bought a used DRM and a couple of LPEs and they were smokin deals in comparison to paying for the package.

Haibeck is the same, only more affordable for the ponies you get. That car would be an ok deal WITHOUT the mods and unfortunately modded cars aren't well understood and don't often fetch the $ they are worth.

if you reclaimed every $, that car is worth 35k. So 21k is a smoking deal indeed.
Guess I'm screwed next spring when I try to sell my 91 blk/blk.....522 HP.....Oh well....
zrc3john is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 11:06 AM
  #49  
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor
 
Goldcylon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Glendale Arizona.. Resident Gold Cylon
Posts: 9,749
Thanked 72 Times in 69 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post



I want one of these.
Its a stretch Jeff
Goldcylon is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 11:09 AM
  #50  
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor
 
Goldcylon's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2006
Location: Glendale Arizona.. Resident Gold Cylon
Posts: 9,749
Thanked 72 Times in 69 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=zrc3john;1598265536]
Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
Those wheels really set off the color of that car..Great job and nice two car garage in your videos..I have lived in NY my entire life....Houses in my neighborhood with 2 car garage are no less than 900 thousand and there not in the best of shape...2 family? 1.2 million,.Semi attached as well..

I know its not a real estate forum but its out of control here...Not many people with classic cars here...Space is limited and parking is at a premium...
Move to AZ. 6 Car attached Garage on a half Acre less than Half of that. CA, NY and IL are out of control in taxes and house prices.
Goldcylon is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
  #51  
spork2367
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2018
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2 View Post
I think it will bring $30k if you dont sell it for less...if all owners won't sell for less! The reason the current value may be "undervalued" is because owners are selling low....that's it! If you have a nice example, hold out for top dollar. If everyone would play by these rules we would all benefit ��

although I might take issue with your claim of "nicest one out there" ������
Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2 View Post
I know most people won't pay a premium, but the ones that want a nice clean c4zr1 will if they have their hearts set on it. The owners/sellers set the market, not the buyers, why, because the sellers have the car ��
that green car just got finished up yesterday is my understanding lol
Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2 View Post
you're right basic economics is supply and demand and guess what we have the supply. What is gas in your state $4 a gallon? Why do you pay that, why don't you just pay $1 a gallon?
If everyone or the majority of owners stop selling low the prices would rise. Obviously I know I can't convince all owners of ZR1 but the majority comes to this forum, it's a start right....
Not only do you lack an understanding of basic economics, but nowhere near the majority of owners come to both forums if you combined them.

Prices on these are dropping again and are probably going to continue to for the time being. If all the extra publicity in the last couple years with articles about these cars coupled with articles on the new ZR1s haven't increased popularity, nothing is going to anytime soon.

Like someone else said, you can now get more car for the same money in newer corvettes that you can go to the dealer and buy parts for vs. fighting for the spares that are out there.

Last edited by spork2367; 11-07-2018 at 11:21 AM.
spork2367 is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 08:43 PM
  #52  
Mr. Gizmo
CF Senior Member
 
Mr. Gizmo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 4,787
Thanked 279 Times in 224 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2 View Post
I think it will bring $30k if you dont sell it for less...if all owners won't sell for less! The reason the current value may be "undervalued" is because owners are selling low....that's it! If you have a nice example, hold out for top dollar. If everyone would play by these rules we would all benefit 😉

although I might take issue with your claim of "nicest one out there" 😁😁😁
both the opís White zr-1 and this green zr-1 are awesome. I would hang on to them. I miss my black 91zr-1. The lt5 makes these cars truly collectible. Out of the c4zr-1, c6z06 and now my c7z06, the c6 was my favorite but the c4 with the lt5 is the most collectible.
Mr. Gizmo is offline  
Old 11-05-2018, 09:20 PM
  #53  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Goldcylon;1598281640]
Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post

Move to AZ. 6 Car attached Garage on a half Acre less than Half of that. CA, NY and IL are out of control in taxes and house prices.
Yes it is....Have property in myrtle beach and Fla as well.....21 months to retirement....Would like to try another state...Somewhere where there is room...
zrc3john is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:09 AM
  #54  
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, USA VA
Posts: 7,807
Thanked 74 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
Not only do you lack an understanding of basic economics, but no anywhere near the majority of owners come to both forums if you combined them.

Prices on these are dropping again and are probably going to continue to for the time being. If all the extra publicity in the last couple years with articles about these cars coupled with articles on the new ZR1s haven't increased popularity, nothing is going to anytime soon.

Like someone else said, you can now get more car for the same money in newer corvettes that you can go to the dealer and buy parts for vs. fighting for the spares that are out there.
c4 and c5 prices dropped quite a bit and you can get nice cars for next to nothing. However, for these cars the mods cost 15-25k for many of the performance packages making a 20k car beyond a bargain.

Stock zr1s have started to drift under 20k for nice examples and unfortunately, in the past the stockers went for more than the modded cars. In this case, modded cars are fetching more even though you lose alot when paying for the package at resale time and that's just a fact of hot rodding. If you want to invest, I wouldn't suggest ZR-1s as they made too many. The investment is in getting the car for an affordable price and trying to wipe the grin off your face.

that's priceless.
Rkreigh is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 07:22 AM
  #55  
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, USA VA
Posts: 7,807
Thanked 74 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
Guess I'm screwed next spring when I try to sell my 91 blk/blk.....522 HP.....Oh well....
I'd hang onto it. I'Il give you the "economics" of my example with the old LSV. the 95s were still fetching top dollar and the LPE package was 34k. Thank goodness I paid 55 and sold 5 k worth of take off parts.

So I started out at a 50k price point for the 390 which although not top dog in terms of HP and trq, it had some pedigree. I very soon realized that even though this is a "one of one" build with some pretty cool stuff, at resale time I was likely dipping down into the low 30s trying to sell which means I'd walk away from 20k. Nah. I kept driving it. It just tipped over 105k and has always pulled extremely hard at the ragged edge of traction and beyond even with a lightweight flywheel which "softens the hit"

This is not an L88 investment grade car, its an anvil you take out and beat on and admire the dents in your hammer. It's a car that for me is really comfortable, pulls like falling down a mine shaft, and will do it over and over.


We just finished pulling it all apart and the damage from the blown HG is slight, one liner is scalloped down at the bottom, crank rods and pistons are ok, and now to reward myself the heads and intake are properly ported and it will wear a nice new finish to set it off as the special engine it is.

We discovered a nice sonny bryant 3.875 crank, pankyl titanium rods, and the JE pistons all look in great shape. A fresh set of liners, rings bearings and the old gal should be ready to dance a bit more sprightly for another 100k or so.

Just waiting for a few goodies, liners are in the block and honed, and the engine should be more than a pile of parts soon. Best news is that I'm "off the bench" and no longer a used car salesman. I divested from the old 68 vette, the pho ferrari 355 ferrari, the old merc 560, and the porshe 944 turbo. But they got our old house renovated, and bought me some bill paying time. I may actually be able to start paying down my "national debt" which wasn't looking too good.

keep it, it's the best thing you'll ever do. The investment is in yourself and enjoying it for many miles of smiles.
Rkreigh is offline  
Old 11-07-2018, 09:45 AM
  #56  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
I'd hang onto it. I'Il give you the "economics" of my example with the old LSV. the 95s were still fetching top dollar and the LPE package was 34k. Thank goodness I paid 55 and sold 5 k worth of take off parts.

So I started out at a 50k price point for the 390 which although not top dog in terms of HP and trq, it had some pedigree. I very soon realized that even though this is a "one of one" build with some pretty cool stuff, at resale time I was likely dipping down into the low 30s trying to sell which means I'd walk away from 20k. Nah. I kept driving it. It just tipped over 105k and has always pulled extremely hard at the ragged edge of traction and beyond even with a lightweight flywheel which "softens the hit"

This is not an L88 investment grade car, its an anvil you take out and beat on and admire the dents in your hammer. It's a car that for me is really comfortable, pulls like falling down a mine shaft, and will do it over and over.


We just finished pulling it all apart and the damage from the blown HG is slight, one liner is scalloped down at the bottom, crank rods and pistons are ok, and now to reward myself the heads and intake are properly ported and it will wear a nice new finish to set it off as the special engine it is.

We discovered a nice sonny bryant 3.875 crank, pankyl titanium rods, and the JE pistons all look in great shape. A fresh set of liners, rings bearings and the old gal should be ready to dance a bit more sprightly for another 100k or so.

Just waiting for a few goodies, liners are in the block and honed, and the engine should be more than a pile of parts soon. Best news is that I'm "off the bench" and no longer a used car salesman. I divested from the old 68 vette, the pho ferrari 355 ferrari, the old merc 560, and the porshe 944 turbo. But they got our old house renovated, and bought me some bill paying time. I may actually be able to start paying down my "national debt" which wasn't looking too good.

keep it, it's the best thing you'll ever do. The investment is in yourself and enjoying it for many miles of smiles.
I hear ya.....Will see....The cars super clean with the right mods to keep you interested....Car was bone stock when I got it.....I notice some people like buying cars stock.....Next one I buy I want it all done turn key....These cars along with other vettes, not just the ZR-1,do not fetch a lot of money...Yet, if you can pick one up for low 20's with over 500 horse, to me, that's a great buy..
zrc3john is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 07:45 AM
  #57  
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 1999
Location: Alexandria, Virginia, USA VA
Posts: 7,807
Thanked 74 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by zrc3john View Post
I hear ya.....Will see....The cars super clean with the right mods to keep you interested....Car was bone stock when I got it.....I notice some people like buying cars stock.....Next one I buy I want it all done turn key....These cars along with other vettes, not just the ZR-1,do not fetch a lot of money...Yet, if you can pick one up for low 20's with over 500 horse, to me, that's a great buy..
we have done a few low buck 380 builds with stock crank and with good head porting those motors pull just as strong as my big doggie 390

so you can do an offset grind crank and 4 liners much cheaper than a full blown stroker and the factory crank is plenty strong

but for sure if you can find a good car that's built, and doesn't have any issues that's clearly the way to go.

most of the high end LPE, DRM, Haibeck, SGC, Vette Dr, and others are top notch parts.

I'm getting excited to get going again. And a 427 on the near term horizon too which is going to really rock.

I looked at "big 4.125" liners and it was just beyond me at this point. I'll do what I can with the 4 bore
Rkreigh is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 08:30 AM
  #58  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
we have done a few low buck 380 builds with stock crank and with good head porting those motors pull just as strong as my big doggie 390

so you can do an offset grind crank and 4 liners much cheaper than a full blown stroker and the factory crank is plenty strong

but for sure if you can find a good car that's built, and doesn't have any issues that's clearly the way to go.

most of the high end LPE, DRM, Haibeck, SGC, Vette Dr, and others are top notch parts.

I'm getting excited to get going again. And a 427 on the near term horizon too which is going to really rock.

I looked at "big 4.125" liners and it was just beyond me at this point. I'll do what I can with the 4 bore
I see what you mean about pricing when it comes to mods on the ZR-1.....Vette Dr's is near me, I remember seeing there package for the ZR-1 and it was upwards of $ 21,000...Yikes !!! Didn't pay that for the whole car but that's how it is sometimes even with other models...

See many C6 Z06's built going for mid 30's....Don't know if all C6Z"s had the head issue but many owners I see just basically swapped them out .....
zrc3john is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:08 PM
  #59  
BamaZR1
Junior Member
 
BamaZR1's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2002
Location: Harvest AL
Posts: 38
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quick: Which Corvette models/options since 1953 have both: 1) Unique Engine option, 2) Unique Body Options, And every other option listed for the model? Answer: The C4 ZR1 is the only one I'm aware of...

Combine that with the unique engine aspects (LT5 design and development by Lotus, DOHC, etc), Engine construction (by Mercury Marine), AND the Unique WIDER BODY and larger rear wheels and the optional engine *(LT5) horsepower which basically doubled that of the standard Corvette Engine of those year, and I personally believe that the C4 ZR1 is the MOST UNIQUE Corvette model ever sold by Chevrolet! (I also think the C4 clamshell hood design makes any C4 Corvette stand out from the 'corvette' crowd...)
BamaZR1 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:27 PM
  #60  
zrc3john
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BamaZR1 View Post
Quick: Which Corvette models/options since 1953 have both: 1) Unique Engine option, 2) Unique Body Options, And every other option listed for the model? Answer: The C4 ZR1 is the only one I'm aware of...

Combine that with the unique engine aspects (LT5 design and development by Lotus, DOHC, etc), Engine construction (by Mercury Marine), AND the Unique WIDER BODY and larger rear wheels and the optional engine *(LT5) horsepower which basically doubled that of the standard Corvette Engine of those year, and I personally believe that the C4 ZR1 is the MOST UNIQUE Corvette model ever sold by Chevrolet! (I also think the C4 clamshell hood design makes any C4 Corvette stand out from the 'corvette' crowd...)
If your talking about engine options the C-2 and the C-3 had many engine options, including the L-88 which had close to 600 HP when you ran headers...
Hey, I would like to see the ZR-1 gain some value, I own one....375-405 HP and the people are just not biting..
zrc3john is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Z,is $30,000 a stretch?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: