C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Thinking of selling my Z,is $30,000 a stretch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 04:01 PM
LT5_180
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2
your right... it has decals and stick on fender flares 😉. It's not comparable in any way to a zr1 imo
Its got more in common with the ZR-1 then it does with a base C4. Does that mean it's comparable? Nothing compares to the LT5.

All I'm saying is it doesn't deserve to be written off like it's just some random C4 though. It wasn't just an appearance package.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Snakeskinner2
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by LT5_180
Its got more in common with the ZR-1 then it does with a base C4. Does that mean it's comparable? Nothing compares to the LT5.

All I'm saying is it doesn't deserve to be written off like it's just some random C4 though. It wasn't just an appearance package.
ya maybe.... I've always been sour on the Grand Sport, I think Chevy really dropped the ball on it and could have done a lot better. They didn't even paint the stripes on, they're stickers... and they should have gave it the wide body like the ZR1, they didn't, they're stick on fender flares. In my opinion Chevy threw it together and they owe the "Grand Sport" named more than that.

Last edited by Snakeskinner2; 01-10-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:22 PM
LT5_180
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Snakeskinner2
ya maybe.... I've always been sour on the Grand Sport, I think Chevy really dropped the ball on it and could have done a lot better. They didn't even paint the stripes on, they're stickers... and they should have gave it the wide body like the ZR1, they didn't, they're stick on fender flares. In my opinion Chevy threw it together and they owe the "Grand Sport" named more than that.
I agree. They could have definitely done better. I think they were trying to make room for the C5 though. The C4 in general sort of went out with a whimper rather then a bang. The LT5 hung on kicking and screaming, but the fact the ZR-1 production dwindled quickly and there were no '96 ZR-1's tells me they didn't want to outdo them selves any more than they already had. They were really grasping at straws there toward the end.

Last edited by LT5_180; 01-10-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:51 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by LT5_180
Damn... rip him a new one why dontcha. I was impressed by that price point (even though it's a pushrod car, sounds like a good deal.)
Pointing out he might be on the wrong forum is "ripping him a new one?" You might try being a little less sensitive.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:06 PM
LT5_180
Intermediate

Originally Posted by USAZR1
Pointing out he might be on the wrong forum is "ripping him a new one?" You might try being a little less sensitive.
I was referring to the name calling; but I guess if it looks like crap, smells like crap, and tastes like crap, spit it the hell out.

...He just bought his first C4 though, he is probably going to get enough crap for it from every other automotive forum- he doesn't need this one starting him off on the wrong foot. At least he didn't start a thread here about it.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my Z,is $30,000 a stretch?