Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

1990 ZR1 with 34,000 miles

Old 02-22-2019, 02:40 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Senior Member

Default 1990 ZR1 with 34,000 miles

I was watching a nice artic white 90 ZR1 with 34,000 miles on ebay. The seller was asking $16,000.00 or make offer. He spent a good amount of money getting it road worthy with new injectors and other components. Plus he had the factory wheels refinished also. It sold pretty quick. Was a California car that sat a lot. He wasn't sure about the AC. It had a grey interior. Someone got a pretty good car though. I was really thinking of buying it but the wife would have killed me. If I buy another Corvette it will have to be an auto so she can drive it. There is also a 93 415 on ebay also. I see some cars are way over priced. There are a few cars that have been on ebay a long time and not selling like a black 91 with 52,000 miles and he's asking $17,000.00 or make offer. This car was on here when I was looking for a Z in the spring of 2018.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Chevro...iiM:rk:41:pf:0

415 93 ZR1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Chevro...v7A:rk:21:pf:0
Old 03-06-2019, 09:34 PM
donglyz06

It got relisted and I just bought it (the white one) on a best offer. I am flying out in a few days to inspect it. I'll let you know how it looks
Old 03-06-2019, 11:02 PM
ghlkal
CF Senior Member

2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by donglyz06 View Post
It got relisted and I just bought it (the white one) on a best offer. I am flying out in a few days to inspect it. I'll let you know how it looks
congratulations!

Yeah, let us know when you pick it up, and be sure to post pictures
Old 03-07-2019, 01:06 AM
donglyz06

Originally Posted by ghlkal View Post
congratulations!

Yeah, let us know when you pick it up, and be sure to post pictures
Will do! This was my dream car when I was a kid, and the price was low enough that I figured it was as good a time as any. I don't think it will ever go up in value so I am just going to keep the top off and rack up some miles on it.

side note, I'm not knocking ZR1 values per se. Honestly, I'm skeptical of the entire classic car market in general...we have seen so many high HP amazing cars made in high numbers over the years that the used car market is going to be flooded with supercars in 10 years. Add the fact that electric is gaining in popularity, and that the next generation seems to not even want drivers licenses or take much interest in cars....I think car values will completely collapse in 10-15 years. It gets mind blowing when you think just about vettes. When this new c8 comes out, you will have c5 zo6, c6 z06, c6, c6 zr1, c7, c7 z07, c7 zr1, all over 400HP. I guess when I retire I better buy a barn to fill with toys hahah

Last edited by donglyz06; 03-07-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:33 PM
bb62
CF Senior Member

Will do! This was my dream car when I was a kid, and the price was low enough that I figured it was as good a time as any. I don't think it will ever go up in value so I am just going to keep the top off and rack up some miles on it.

side note, I'm not knocking ZR1 values per se. Honestly, I'm skeptical of the entire classic car market in general...we have seen so many high HP amazing cars made in high numbers over the years that the used car market is going to be flooded with supercars in 10 years. Add the fact that electric is gaining in popularity, and that the next generation seems to not even want drivers licenses or take much interest in cars....I think car values will completely collapse in 10-15 years. It gets mind blowing when you think just about vettes. When this new c8 comes out, you will have c5 zo6, c6 z06, c6, c6 zr1, c7, c7 z07, c7 zr1, all over 400HP. I guess when I retire I better buy a barn to fill with toys hahah
What is disturbing to me is the differential between cars like yours in the $16K range for a relatively low mileage early ZR-1 and very high mileage LT1 C4s. I saw a guys selling his 92LT1 for $5,000. The car had 178,000 miles. So what we are saying is than the differential between a ZR-1 and a used up base car of roughly the same vintage is only $11,000. To me that is unbelievable especially considering that the C4 ZR-1 is one of the most significant Corvettes ever produced.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Dominic Sorresso
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by bb62 View Post
What is disturbing to me is the differential between cars like yours in the $16K range for a relatively low mileage early ZR-1 and very high mileage LT1 C4s. I saw a guys selling his 92LT1 for $5,000. The car had 178,000 miles. So what we are saying is than the differential between a ZR-1 and a used up base car of roughly the same vintage is only $11,000. To me that is unbelievable especially considering that the C4 ZR-1 is one of the most significant Corvettes ever produced.
Go to the C8 forum and read about the controversy regarding whether the ME car should have a DOHC motor or a warmed over LT1. The majority of the Corvette owner group donít understand anything about DOHC and what its like to drive a vehicle equipped w something like the LT5. The C4 ZR-1 was way ahead of its time and is still way ahead of most Corvette enthusiasts. For some of us, thatís a good thing.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:59 PM
henryr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso View Post
The C4 ZR-1 was way ahead of its time and is still way ahead of most Corvette enthusiasts. For some of us, thatís a good thing.
every time i drive it i am amazed at the performance. the car was truly king of the hill in the 90's......
Old 03-10-2019, 11:52 AM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Thanked 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Man if you havent read my mind...agree 200^
Storing them worrying about value imo is downright foolish, drive it til its dead then go get another.
PIcs are cheap if all one wants to do is see one occasionally, driving is where the value is
Could care less what my toy is worth it runs the same each time.

There are a lot of members/sellers who are gonna be sorry they sat on their cars so long storing them or believing they have some hope diamond in the garage.

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 03-10-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:30 PM
zrc3john
CF Senior Member

Hey congrats on the car....We went back and forth a little on my black one....Post some photos and safe travels with it...

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: