C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Fidenza

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:19 PM
RossGN
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Fidenza

Came with #293 when I bought it. I have taken car back to stock, so will not be using this.

Used Fidanza with SPEC clutch, Pressure Plate & screws.

$200 for everything + shipping

Old 03-19-2019, 11:10 PM
wfot
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

How many miles on it? What do you think of it? How did it drive?
John
Old 03-25-2019, 08:53 PM
jay1055
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Maybe a dumb question but what did you use to return to stock ? Jay
Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 PM
RossGN
Racer

Hi Jay. My car still retains the original setup. Previous owner had planned on upgrading with the Fidenza, but never did. It and other various parts were included with the car when I bought it.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM
RossGN
Racer

Sold
Old 03-25-2019, 09:06 PM
jay1055
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanx for the reply hopefully I never have replace any of my clutches
Old 04-01-2019, 12:17 AM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

I had it and pulled it. The transmission sounded like a chock full of nuts unless you pushed the clutch in.. I missed the fast rev but if you drive the car daily like I do it’s not worth the extra 10 hp. Track car..... go for it. GC

Last edited by Goldcylon; 04-01-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:37 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

LOVE mine!

Mine has stock cams, and boosting the idle (along with new injectors) to ~ 900, and using a sprung disc cured the rattle. Ami's Z, on the other hand, has Pete's cams, and at idle it sounds like a bushel of walnuts in the trans...IF you can hear it over the B&B exhaust, that is!

OP: Not that it matters now, but my Fidanza has individual friction panels bolted to the FW - presumably for easy replacement at some time. Pictures of your FW looks like some of the single mass FWs out there. Of course, there may be a difference in models of FWs, I suppose.. Just sayin..

Listen for yourself...

Old 04-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

I'd like to hear feedback on the Spec clutch
I'm looking at their Stage3+ which looks like a streetable alternative to the stocker with more holding powre
interested to see what specs on their pressure plate is, looks beefy
Old 04-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

for sure the fidanza rattles big, and the rougher the idle from cams, the more tranny gear knock you will hear

I've tried both sprung hub and solid hub and honestly my car rattles so bad I can't tell the difference

ideally a sprung hub is a bit better and "should" be quieter, not with stage II cams

roxanne, roxanne, you voice is like gravel rattling in a can

also have some gear rattle under load at lower rpms. The fidanza saves a @$$ load of weight and $ too but don't underestimate the "racy" nature

I also recommend 4.10 gears with the light flywheels as there is not as much inertia to keep from stalling when you let out the clutch

with the 390 and rowdy cams, the fidanza appreciates the gears for creeping in traffic without being too hard to drive

I still like the "manners" of the stock flywheel much better. I get too many diesel truck or your engine has a rod knock comments.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:14 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
for sure the fidanza rattles big, and the rougher the idle from cams, the more tranny gear knock you will hear

I've tried both sprung hub and solid hub and honestly my car rattles so bad I can't tell the difference

ideally a sprung hub is a bit better and "should" be quieter, not with stage II cams

roxanne, roxanne, you voice is like gravel rattling in a can

also have some gear rattle under load at lower rpms. The fidanza saves a @$$ load of weight and $ too but don't underestimate the "racy" nature

I also recommend 4.10 gears with the light flywheels as there is not as much inertia to keep from stalling when you let out the clutch

with the 390 and rowdy cams, the fidanza appreciates the gears for creeping in traffic without being too hard to drive

I still like the "manners" of the stock flywheel much better. I get too many diesel truck or your engine has a rod knock comments.
Don't feel bad...Dempsey finished up one of his Dragon heart packages on my 91 with stage 2 cams....

Didn't think of using a sprung hub disc..When the clutch goes and I'm guessing at one time it may, will try the sprung hub disc....

But yes same thing...Rattle at idle plus the sawz all sound up to 2,500 rpm when your just tooling around ....

4:10s would like you said make it easier to launch.....
Old 04-08-2019, 05:37 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

really didn't notice much difference in noise between sprung and solid hub. mine is loud either way.

anyone use the spec 3+ looks like a good choice for single disk?

it looks streetable and able to hold the $ power

no experience with Spec though

Get notified of new replies

To Fidenza

Quick Reply: Fidenza