Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

New tires .

Old 05-03-2019, 01:02 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New tires .

I had been waiting for Goodyear to make the 315's again. I talked with a independent dealer back in January and he said like first part of April. So in mid March I contacted him again and then he said hey I actually found some at several dealers around the country. But I didn't want tires that were probably three or four year old. Plus with shipping it was far from a deal. I kept checking Tire Rack and the F1's were back. But by this time I was really eyeing up the Michelin Sport PS2's. I finally pulled the trigger and they were shipped to me in two days from their warehouse in Delaware. Now I can't wait to get them installed. Pics to follow. I went with the 275/40ZR17 up front and the 335/35ZR17's out back. Free shipping is always great. Plus no tax here in PA on tires.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:33 PM
ZED-R1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do 335's fit on the OEM rims? I noticed not too too many options for original size besides Nitto.

I picked up my Z last week and the F1's it came with have tons of tread but an '08 date code. The car was kept indoors for the most part and they appear to be in great shape, but not sure how much risk there is due to the age alone.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:01 PM
ZWILDZR1
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes the 335's will fit on the stock 11" rim width. My stock painted saw blades also have a set of F1's that were purchased back in 09. They have lots of tread depth and no cracking at all. But you can tell they just don't have the traction they did when new. I'm leaving them mounted and the new tires I'm installing on a set of chrome A-molds I have.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM
81c3
CF Senior Member

Received 286 Likes on 243 Posts

Just put on a new set of rear GY F1's a couple days ago... going for a drive to try em out tomorrow!

Last edited by 81c3; 05-03-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:15 PM
ZED-R1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would be curious to see them side by side if you are able to catch a pic before they're on the car. I checked a size comparo and it shows the 335's being 1.9% bigger diameter and 6.5% wider... don't know how noticeable that is in real life.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New tires .

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: