Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Right strainer for fuel pump EP381

Old 06-16-2019, 04:12 PM
1985 Corvette
CF Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Right strainer for fuel pump EP381

I wanted to check to see if anyone has the correct part number for a fuel pump strainer for AC Delco EP381. I have the pumps but unfortunately a Delphi brand strainer referenced to fit is too big and those have to be returned.

I see part number Delco brand TS7 on Amazon but wanted to see if Iím in the right ballpark. The guy at the counter was a little confused I wanted Suburban pumps for a Vette, until he tried the Z in the search inquiry to see a whole bunch of ďno longer suppliedĒ notes next to all items.

I attempted to round up the Bosch pumps from a thread over on the registry where someone made the switch but there was only one kit in all of Jacksonville apparently AND my dremel died on me, so it was a sign I guess. The EP381 is a direct drop in from what I have read without needing to notch the assembly but someone correct me if Iím wrong.

These pumps came with a tiny section of hose so Iím guessing Iíll need to pick up some fuel injection hose lengths. Also while Iím at it, should a new pulsator be placed into the assembly? I figured whole Iím in there maybe but not sure which part number is the correct part. Thanks for the help, guys.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:37 AM
spork2367

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

These are the most correct replacements. TS1 is the short and TS3 is the long.

ACDELCO TS1

ACDELCO TS3
Old 06-17-2019, 08:28 PM
1985 Corvette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
These are the most correct replacements. TS1 is the short and TS3 is the long.

ACDELCO TS1

ACDELCO TS3

Thanks, spork. I was able to order TS1 locally to pick up in-store tomorrow and TS3 was bought off ebay. I also went through Summit and picked up 2 feet of Dayco 80161 submersible fuel line to finish the refreshing of everything on the assembly once I have it out.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 PM
fxkenny
CF Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would recommend you get a replacement "Y" from Carter made out of aluminum. The original plastic "Y's" have been known to crack. Use some good stainless clamps and get rid of the cheesy original plastic ones.
I suppose you know, but it takes 2 different hose sizes. 5/16 & 3/8.
Here's a pic of mine with Carter's "Y". He has made a little adjustment on them for better fit since I installed mine which was the prototype.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:47 PM
1985 Corvette
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by fxkenny View Post
I would recommend you get a replacement "Y" from Carter made out of aluminum. The original plastic "Y's" have been known to crack. Use some good stainless clamps and get rid of the cheesy original plastic ones.
I suppose you know, but it takes 2 different hose sizes. 5/16 & 3/8.
Here's a pic of mine with Carter's "Y". He has made a little adjustment on them for better fit since I installed mine which was the prototype.

I'll be honest and say I did not know there was a 5/16 in there. I will order some submersible line in that size as well. I prefer to go through Summit because they have a warehouse in GA that gets me the parts in two days. I'll check with them as well for a Y connection to have on hand. I had fuel injection clamps to replace the plastic versions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Right strainer for fuel pump EP381

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: