Notices
C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Does the brake booster have dual diaphragms

Old 07-01-2019, 05:14 PM
Hot Rod Roy
CF Senior Member

Received 331 Likes on 305 Posts

To talk to a man with the answers, call Matt Sweeting at Power Brake Service, Huntington Beach CA, 714-330-5286, http://PowerBrakeService.net They built a custom dual diaphragm metal booster for me, and the brakes on my '84 will stand the car on its nose!

Matt drives a ZR-1 with a HydraBoost power brake conversion.

Last edited by Hot Rod Roy; 07-01-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 05:03 PM
A95Y
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A95Y View Post
Sunday night. ZR1 Corvette it says. 1992-1995. Reman. It hasn't shipped yet, so I am skeptical. It shows a picture of a ZR1 booster.

Order refunded!
Old 07-03-2019, 07:19 AM
Rkreigh
CF Senior Member

Received 106 Likes on 91 Posts

I'd sure consider the hydraboost as the assist is MUCH better and brake feel is dramatically improved.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:06 PM
A95Y
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rkreigh View Post
I'd sure consider the hydraboost as the assist is MUCH better and brake feel is dramatically improved.

I don't have power steering. I can't use hydroboost.

I ended up putting another plastic one on for now. At least it's got a limited lifetime warranty from Autozone.

Last edited by A95Y; 07-03-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:03 AM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 994 Posts

I actually had Matt in mind when I mentioned 'electric' several posts ago. Since he fabricated the 'dual' for HRR maybe you just have the conversation with him anyway. Several I believe have tried/attempted conversations with him regarding the hydra-boost but I've never seen anyone do a 'start to finish' install on a ZR-1. Other than his personal, I don't recall others. I've seen it discussed only a couple times. I didn't have the Toyota stuff in mind when I mentioned electric.

You should be covered for awhile I'd think with this buy - maybe use your time wisely

A '92+ 'salvage'??????

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-04-2019 at 11:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Hot Rod Roy (07-10-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 11:35 AM
A95Y
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
I actually had Matt in mind when I mentioned 'electric' several posts ago. Since he fabricated the 'dual' for HRR maybe you just have the conversation with him anyway. Several I believe have tried/attempted conversations with him regarding the hydra-boost but I've never seen anyone do a 'start to finish' install on a ZR-1. Other than his personal, I don't recall others. I've seen it discussed only a couple times. I didn't have the Toyota stuff in mind when I mentioned electric.

You should be covered for awhile I'd think with this buy - maybe use your time wisely

A '92+ 'salvage'??????
Matt has a dual diaphragm on his site, ready to buy. $245. http://powerbrakeservice.net/1984-19...te-vacuum.html. It looks like a ZR1 from HRR's picture. That hydro-boost looks like it takes up too much room. What were you thinking in terms of electric power steering? I just bought a MR2 pump off Ebay. I'd lke a booster from a salvage ZR1. But why? Matt has a brand new one for the price I was quoted from a boneyard.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:55 AM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

Matt has a dual diaphragm on his site, ready to buy. $245. http://powerbrakeservice.net/1984-19...te-vacuum.html. It looks like a ZR1 from HRR's picture. That hydro-boost looks like it takes up too much room. What were you thinking in terms of electric power steering? I just bought a MR2 pump off Ebay. I'd lke a booster from a salvage ZR1. But why? Matt has a brand new one for the price I was quoted from a boneyard.

Wouldn't hurt to talk to him The link seems to take a person to a 'dual' intended for a possible install for a car with 'NO' ABS. It shows a hydraulic block BUT then again it's just an image. You need to actually discuss it with Matt or someone else at that facility. You need to talk to 'folks' wild a$$ links to everywhere might get you lots of info!! You've experienced that already it seems. Ask Matt about electric!! There's a couple/actually many I think that have electric here in the vicinity. Many 'well engineered' hot rods

A known 'salvage' should get a person exactly what he pays for. You ask for and pay for a '92+ ZR-1 'dual' that's what you should expect!!

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-04-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:01 PM
A95Y
CF Senior Member

Wouldn't hurt to talk to him The link seems to take a person to a 'dual' intended for a possible install for a car with 'NO' ABS. It shows a hydraulic block BUT then again it's just an image. You need to actually discuss it with Matt or someone else at that facility. You need to talk to 'folks' wild a$$ links to everywhere might get you lots of info!! You've experienced that already it seems. Ask Matt about electric!! There's a couple/actually many I think that have electric here in the vicinity. Many 'well engineered' hot rods

A known 'salvage' should get a person exactly what he pays for. You ask for and pay for a '92+ ZR-1 'dual' that's what you should expect!!
I'm not too worried about it now. I just spend $145 on an Autozone reman. while looking for a salvage ZR1 for at a decent price. Do you have one?
When you talk electric, you are referring to electric steering, correct?

Thanks
Old 07-04-2019, 12:15 PM
WVZR-1
CF Senior Member

I'm not too worried about it now. I just spend $145 on an Autozone reman. while looking for a salvage ZR1 for at a decent price. Do you have one?
When you talk electric, you are referring to electric steering, correct?

Thanks

No 'electric boost hydraulic' brakes! I had a couple B'villes with Teves and maybe an STE also had Teves. Matt has many. Ain't none inexpensive!
Old 07-04-2019, 12:28 PM
A95Y
CF Senior Member

No 'electric boost hydraulic' brakes! I had a couple B'villes with Teves and maybe an STE also had Teves. Matt has many. Ain't none inexpensive!
That looks like a lot of extra weight. I'm trying to shed weight although incorporating electric power steering is going to add some weight.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:19 AM
Hot Rod Roy
CF Senior Member

Received 331 Likes on 305 Posts

No. Electric boost hydraulic brakes! . Matt has many. Ain't none inexpensive!
A 'vette friend put electric boost power brakes on his '84, so we have fun comparing cars! I can't match his 409 SBC, but he likes my dual diaphragm brakes better than his electric boost!

He's driving the white Shinoda conversion in this pic, and we're chasing two ZR-1's thru some mountain twisty's! Too much fun!!!

(p.s. I didn't have any trouble keeping up with them!)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does the brake booster have dual diaphragms

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: