C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other

Does anyone have the SLP system on their ZR-1 and what are your opinions of the gains, appearance, quality, etc.

If you have a different system, information would be great appreciated also.

Thanks in advance from a newbie! :confused:
Old 10-15-2003, 12:26 AM
BAD ZR1

Default Re: Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other (HAWAIIZR1)

:seeya

Hello, from one newbie to another...I just put the SLP system on my 94 a few weeks ago. Appearance is great in my opion, but it's a dead giveaway that it's not stock. As expected, I didn't feel any seat of the pants gains but it definitely altered the sound of the intake gulp. Although it does not really have the same "ram" effect as some other systems the + is that you don't need to cut the shroud below to make it effective. Although I would not expect to see any gains on a stationary wheel dyno I will run a comparison and post it the next time I strap in on the rollers.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:06 AM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Default Re: Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other (BAD ZR1)

BAD ZR1,

Thanks for taking the time to post your opinion, greatly appreciated. I guess not quite the 20HP claimed and I have never seen any type of intake gain more than a few if any. I wonder if just replacing the element with Amsoil or K & N is just as good. I saw some reviews from Corvette owners here on this site and same results, just wanted to hear from ZR-1 owners since it is quite a different engine.

Thanks again,
Craig
Old 10-15-2003, 11:07 AM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Default Re: Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other (HAWAIIZR1)

Does anyone have the SLP system on their ZR-1 and what are your opinions of the gains, appearance, quality, etc.

If you have a different system, information would be great appreciated also.

Thanks in advance from a newbie! :confused:
Are you talking about the cold air one breathless sells? I think it is ok. I use the A/O Engineering Forced air set-up - works well. :seeya
Old 10-15-2003, 11:10 AM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Default Re: Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other (DDSLT5)

DDSlLT5,

Thanks, I'll look into those also. I don't think I want to cut shrouds or anything like that though.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other

Quick Reply: Opinions wanted on SLP Cold Air Induction System or other