C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone looking to buy a B&B TriFlo for their ZR-1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2001, 10:07 AM
Avi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my car, but would like to get a Corsa. The Corsa can be had for a little over $700, whereas the B&B's are 1200.00.

So - I got to thinking... If someone wanted a B&B, they could buy a Corsa and swap me. That way they wouldn't be paying the MUCH higher price.

Any takers?
Old 07-22-2001, 11:29 PM
VetBoyZR1
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious why you want to change out the 3" TriFlo for the 2 1/2" Corsa?? I just ordered the Corsa for $750 but I'd like to hear your opinion anyway.

Old 07-23-2001, 09:14 AM
Avi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VetteBoy,
I had a '99 C-5 & a '00 C-5 and I had Corsas on them and loved the sound at WOT.

Plus, I think the Corsas do a better job with resonation, as my B&B's resonate pretty bad. They don't do it all the time, but in the Rpm ranges that it does resonate, it gets old.

The only down side to the Corsas is the sound at idle (IMO), but I prefer that over the resonation.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:16 AM
ZR WON
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Avi:
Buddy... You are in for a rude awakening on sound.. The Corsa's with headers(which you will have *very* soon, btw ) are unbelievably loud. They still sound terrible IMHO but slightly better than with the stock header cats. You are also going to lose some power going from the Tri-Flo to the Corsa. You can get the new Tri-Flo(no resonance) from Exotic Muscle for $975. An extra $225 for close to 10rwhp over Corsa's is well worth it..

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone looking to buy a B&B TriFlo for their ZR-1?

Quick Reply: Anyone looking to buy a B&B TriFlo for their ZR-1?