Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

95 Yellow Vortech LT4 6-Speed Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 07:54 PM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

This is pretty tentative, as I think the prices I can get won't justify the sale of this modified car, but I figured I'd at least test the water:

Basic Car: 1995 6-speed coupe, Competition Yellow/Black, essentially every available option except 6-way seats (has 2 tops, FX-3, Z07, Bose CD and so on). Condition is essentially perfect with 42,000 miles. I promise you this is not a shopworn Vette.

Mods: Tons! Engine was rebuilt as a LT4 and with low compression to handle supercharging, some highlights are steel rods, CNC ported LT4 heads & intake, ASM 58 mm TB, top of the line water injection, Vortech supercharger (12psi boost), Griffin radiator, heavily-modified fuel system with AN10 lines/SX pump & regulator, and car will come with cabling and software to program the fuel injection yourself. These are fully-sorted, no excuses mods and the car is daily-driveable, rain or shine, road or track. I drive it daily and have worked out all the bugs. Car has never seen drag tires or N2O and never will, so no major breakage has ever occured.

Wheels and tires are OZ 18 x 10 chrome-plated 6-spokes and new AVS Sport 285/35-18 tires.

Performance: Dyno numbers are 529 rwhp, 505 ft-lbs torque. I have seen 126 mph in the 1/4 and turned 11.88 on the tires above at 35 psi (poor short time but no broken parts).

This car will outrun damn near anything, Vipers, Z06, most modded Supras (are any stock anymore?), I even got to run a 550 Maranello and pulled him. For a car you can actually drive daily, I'd be willing to bet there are just a handful of cars in Texas quicker and SW owns most of them.

See some marginal pics at http://www.xtremecorvettes.com/ under the members rides (Keith Verges 355 SC).

Why am I considering selling? Well, the Z06 has finally done two things (1) cracked 400 hp stock and (2) come down to reality in price (no more dealer mark-ups). The C5 has been around long enough that it can be modded, so I am considering a new project if I don't take too much of a bath on this one.

Price: $32K. And that really is firm, as I may just have too much remorse to sell at even that level. I know it may be too much for a car that has a base value of $20K or less, but I can't get very motivated at a lower price when the "starter" car will cost me $50K and be way slower until I start dropping some serious money into it.

Ad's already too long, so signing off for now. Thanks,

Old 07-17-2001, 11:15 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Awesome vehicle! Tell us what it would cost to recreate the car. MJ
Old 07-18-2001, 10:15 AM
kverges
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Approximate costs, other than the car and with doing most work yourself, are about $23,000. If you started with a LT4, probably less (I had to buy many LT4 parts), but then again you will have some OBDII tuning issues.

I figure that, to make similar power on a force-fed C5, that the costs will be higher. I'd like to have a differential of less than $40K to step up to a similar C5, and I think that is too tall an order.

I will probably drive the beast for a couple more years and sell it much cheaper, while saving to buy the C5 outright.

Old 07-18-2001, 11:39 AM
SPD DMN
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

I have driven this car in traffic and at speeds and it rocks even with the water injection turned off! Hope you find the right buyer for it Keith.

Old 07-24-2001, 02:13 PM
Thumper
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Let's see, if I sell my white car for 12 and then sell the Blue one for 20.........

Get notified of new replies

To 95 Yellow Vortech LT4 6-Speed Coupe

Quick Reply: 95 Yellow Vortech LT4 6-Speed Coupe