Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Sold / bought a vette on here lately?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
yosshimura
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sold / bought a vette on here lately?

With most of the unrealistic market prices on here for Vettes and seeing how longgggggggggggggggg they sit unsold , who has actually bought or sold a Vette on here in the last 6 months??
Old 12-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Relic
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong section... this thread won't last.
In general, you're right about the prices, but there are some realistic ones here.

IBTL
Old 12-29-2009, 06:53 PM
34Fish
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All depends on what you are selling.

I sold mine in September and got my price too!

Now I'm C1 shopping!

CF is great!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

c4 gen would be a better place to ask.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 PM
ce_me_vette
Racer

Originally Posted by 34Fish
All depends on what you are selling.

I sold mine in September and got my price too!

Now I'm C1 shopping!

CF is great!
I have a black '95 6-spd I'm trying to sell. Can you tell me how long it took to sell your car?
Old 12-30-2009, 06:32 AM
myles930
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought a C4 earlier this month, sent away the deposit and will close the deal on a C3 next week. Both cars were listed for sale on this forum.

I have been watching the "market" on these boards for some time. In my worthless opinion, there are some cars out there that are a little on the unrealistic side in pricing, but there are a lot of insulting offers out there too. The majority of the people on this board artificially raise their asking price because they expect to get beat up on the price. It's my experience on this board that if you make a "serious" offer that is realistic, then business will be done.

Personally, I can't believe more cars have not been sold. There are a TON of deals on this board right now...but then again, there are TON of "buyers" out there who are not really serious about buying even at true market value.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Keep in mind that the cars for sale on this board have been owned by enthusiasts. Enthusiasts generally take better care of their cars than the average owner. C4's are now 14+ year old GM products... you can buy one that has been lovingly maintained or one that has been driven hard and put away wet. Many or most of the cars for sale here fall into the first category, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that the asking prices are a bit higher than the average newspaper or craigslist car.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:52 PM
34Fish
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ce_me_vette
I have a black '95 6-spd I'm trying to sell. Can you tell me how long it took to sell your car?
2 months - but that was after I set my price more realistic to the C4 market. Prior to that I was too high on price (18+ months) given where 92-93 vintage headed.

The real key is channel to market. I sold to a dealer who had great market reach. He sold it within 30 days for a lot more $$. Nice profit for him, and I was happy to have it get into the hands of someone who would potentially use it more.

It proved to me there is a fairly good market for C4's that are low miles, in great shape.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:15 PM
MY 95
Team Owner

CI 2-3-4-5-6-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

It al depends on the car.........I had 2 listed here. My wifes 85 Z51 ZF6 conversion was here and many people told me I was out of line on price. I got exactly what I wanted through craigslist............My 95 is still for sale here, though
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 PM
plmkrzy
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm always scanning this site for a '94-'96 convert. Prefer Black Rose or Purple but you never know what comes along. Auto with under 50k. May even look for a coupe after February-March. Price?????? If this car is right I'll pay lots more. Have to find it first!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
NMsharkracer
Drifting

Location: Formerly from the Great White North but now residing in the Desert Southwest NM (The Land of Dis-Enchantment?)
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sold a '99 6-speed coupe, bought a '92 6-speed convertible, have a deal going with Myles930 cash and car for my C-3. You just have to be realistic and sometimes a little creative to make a deal.
I've had my share of guys that talk a good story but never do anything. I've had guys make deals and then back out because they don't have the money. It's just part of the territory. The Forum is also a captive audience of guys that for the most part own a Corvette with the number looking for another being relative small and you have the collectors and distress buyers looking for the good deals.
And let's face it, the C-4's haven't hit collector car status yet, but I do believe they have probably hit a pricing bottom.
Cars are worth what a buyer is willing to pay. It's not what they list for, it's what they sell for. If you aren't in a rush, put a big price on it, list it everywhere and sooner or later the right buyer comes along. If you need to sell it to make next months rent, you probably aren't going to get the big price. OK, I'm done pontificating

Last edited by NMsharkracer; 12-30-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:09 PM
poopman
Instructor

i bought one off here, was a ver good transaction
Old 01-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Bob M
Drifting

We bought our '84 in Oct off this site. I looked at several and may have been labeled a "tire-kicker" but I waited for just the right one for me. Hopefully the seller and I were both pleased at the sale! I know I was.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Red C4
Racer

Default Sale Values

A valid and excellent response !!

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Keep in mind that the cars for sale on this board have been owned by enthusiasts. Enthusiasts generally take better care of their cars than the average owner. C4's are now 14+ year old GM products... you can buy one that has been lovingly maintained or one that has been driven hard and put away wet. Many or most of the cars for sale here fall into the first category, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that the asking prices are a bit higher than the average newspaper or craigslist car.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
silverja
Drifting

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
You hit it spot on!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM
ethree
Instructor

Originally Posted by yosshimura
With most of the unrealistic market prices on here for Vettes and seeing how longgggggggggggggggg they sit unsold , who has actually bought or sold a Vette on here in the last 6 months??

I haven't. What about you?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by Relic
Wrong section... this thread won't last.
In general, you're right about the prices, but there are some realistic ones here.

IBTL
it won't last because threads bitching about what people are asking for their cars is pointless. You could do the same thing all over the board in any FS section.

Get notified of new replies

To Sold / bought a vette on here lately?

Quick Reply: Sold / bought a vette on here lately?