Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Know anyone who has a Trans Am but wants a faster than stock Vette?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 AM
reoch999
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Know anyone who has a Trans Am but wants a faster than stock Vette?

I have a red automatic 92 (see my album) with a few go fast parts added in 2009 (cam, ram air, headers & exhaust, ~3000 stall converter, 3.75:1 gears, fresh valve job, pocket ported heads, PCM for Less tune, ZR1 wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials on back, probably other stuff I'm not thinking of). In October, my wife and I welcomed our first baby into the world and I have been wishing the Vette had a back seat ever since. Before I had the Vette, I used to have a 99 Trans Am and I loved it just as much as this car.

So this thread is to ask if anybody knows someone with a 98-02 Trans Am (or any other car with an LS engine and a back seat) that would rather have a pretty strong running C4. I've had it on the drag strip a few times since the build up and it ran 12.22 on 93 octane in good air, 12.4 on 90 octane on a hot day.

I would consider working out a deal even if the LS engine needs a lot of work, I don't plan on leaving it stock.

-Rich.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:10 PM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reoch999
I have a red automatic 92 (see my album) with a few go fast parts added in 2009 (cam, ram air, headers & exhaust, ~3000 stall converter, 3.75:1 gears, fresh valve job, pocket ported heads, PCM for Less tune, ZR1 wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials on back, probably other stuff I'm not thinking of). In October, my wife and I welcomed our first baby into the world and I have been wishing the Vette had a back seat ever since. Before I had the Vette, I used to have a 99 Trans Am and I loved it just as much as this car.

So this thread is to ask if anybody knows someone with a 98-02 Trans Am (or any other car with an LS engine and a back seat) that would rather have a pretty strong running C4. I've had it on the drag strip a few times since the build up and it ran 12.22 on 93 octane in good air, 12.4 on 90 octane on a hot day.

I would consider working out a deal even if the LS engine needs a lot of work, I don't plan on leaving it stock.

-Rich.

Sweet setup you have, and looks to be a real nice Bracket Toy too!...

Here's my F-Body Formula below. Probably would work for you, but not equally. I wouldn't even know what to ask on top of yours for mine, right now.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
reoch999
Pro

Yeah, that's a pretty nice ride you've got there. I agree, it'd be tough to say what the difference in value would be. I was actually kinda hoping to find one relatively stock with lots of miles or even some engine damage (head gasket or rod maybe?) that I could repair while I rebuild it to be basically what you've got now. If you don't mind me asking, what kinda times is that setup getting you, 11.7-11.8?
Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reoch999
Yeah, that's a pretty nice ride you've got there. I agree, it'd be tough to say what the difference in value would be. I was actually kinda hoping to find one relatively stock with lots of miles or even some engine damage (head gasket or rod maybe?) that I could repair while I rebuild it to be basically what you've got now. If you don't mind me asking, what kinda times is that setup getting you, 11.7-11.8?
Exactly...naturally aspirated. 93 Octane.
If I come across something, I'll PM you.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
reoch999
Pro

I've got a couple local nibbles, an old friend has a 95 383ci LT1 Trans Am he may want to trade, and a dealer a couple towns over has a mostly stock 100,000 mile 98 Trans Am, but I'm sure he wants money on top of my car.

Just wanted to bring this to the top again before I make any decisions. RapidRick, that's still a very inspirational ride you've got. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:59 AM
98zwhat28
1st Gear

pm'ed you
Old 11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
reoch999
Pro

Well I've decided against trading for my friend's 95 TA, and my thermostat failed on the way to the dealer with the white TA and the car sold before I could get back there the next weekend. But I found another one I like, and the owner has agreed to wait while I sell the vette. So, it's now for sale. I'll be opening a new thread with "for sale" in the title instead of "trade."

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4s-...ost1579197250a

Last edited by reoch999; 11-12-2011 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added link.

Get notified of new replies

To Know anyone who has a Trans Am but wants a faster than stock Vette?

Quick Reply: Know anyone who has a Trans Am but wants a faster than stock Vette?