Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1974 Datsun 260Z for trade

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 PM
porkbun
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 Datsun 260Z for trade

Im the second owner of a 1974 Datsun 260Z with a tad over 85k looking for a straight trade for a 88-96 in similar condition. What really matters to me is that its a manual, under 100k miles, and ready and able to be daily driven.

Its currently my daily driver and ive put on about 2k since I purchased it a few months ago. The reason for wanting a trade? Since this is my daily driver, that means this car will have to see some snow in the winter which means it will have to see the salt used to melt the snow. I live right next to a main road, so driving wont be that bad and I always get plowed first, but Datsuns and salt do NOT mix together because of the minimal rust proofing. I dont want to be responsible for ruining such a classic, so I would like to pass it on to someone who can afford to keep it in a garage in the winter or take it somewhere salting the roads isnt a problem.

Now onto the car! It gets complements and attention everywhere I go! Ive literally had people roll their windows down in the middle of a turn to yell "Nice Car!" to me. Its a white 1974 Datsun 260Z with a 4 speed manual and equipped with AC. Fires right up every time and its a blast to drive. I have the original owners manual and warranty packet along with every receipt since the first oil change. I have put in a new battery, changed the oil to Valvoline VR1 10-30w racing oil, changed the brakes, and upgraded the headlights.

Old Lights

New

Whats wrong with it? Its a low rust car especially for a a car thats been in the NE all it life, but it still has its some common rust spots that need some attention along with some other issues.
Gas tank:

Under the battery tray (leaking battery acid is no good for the body) and the front passenger wheel well:

Cracked Dash:

And one of the hubcaps on the rear passenger side fell off and was replaced with a similar hubcap that has a Z instead Datsun on the center cap. Shoot me an email at: flyingaero at gmail.com or a PM so we can exchange information and pictures!

Last edited by porkbun; 10-06-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 PM
porkbun
5th Gear

Default Tons more pics!

Took these pictures and more this afternoon. No polishing, cleaning or prep!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
porkbun
5th Gear

Carbs are being tuned to regain lost fuel economy and performance! I know its a weird trade, but I do loove the C4 vettes.

Get notified of new replies

To 1974 Datsun 260Z for trade

Quick Reply: 1974 Datsun 260Z for trade