Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1996 Black/Black LT4 Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1996 Black/Black LT4 Coupe - SOLD

Hello. Heads-up...This is pretty long post/ad, but I thought it best to include as much information as possible.

- This Corvette is located in Columbus, Oh.
- 41,7XX miles 41,8XX miles
- 99.5% stock (Optima Redtop battery with negative terminal disconnect only mods)
- Believed to be fully numbers-matching
- The purchase includes a two-book set of shop manuals, an indoor-only California Car Cover and the remainder of the Griot's Garage cleaners, waxes and wash glove.
- I have decided to sell this Corvette to donate 100% of the proceeds to our church's ever-growing ministry on the campus of the Ohio State University.

- I'm asking $16,000, but any reasonable offer will always be discussed.
- I'm now asking $14,800, thanks to the excellent commentary about the tires and a few PMs I received. And of course, any reasonable offer will still be discussed.

- I'm open to whatever form of communication is easiest for you. Reply to this post. Send a DM. Call or text directly at 614-537-6703. Email directly at adamcyost@gmail.com. Or even better, have a beer with me while looking at the car!

Known history for this Corvette:
- I am the third owner.
- Owner One had it registered in Maryland and Owner Two in Virginia.
- My dad and I road-tripped it to Ohio after purchasing it from F and A Corvette in Colonial Beach, VA (www.facorvette.com).
- Immediately upon returning home, I commissioned a complete flush-and-replace of every fluid in the car.
- Since I have owned this Corvette, it has never been driven in anything but dry, sunny weather, and is stored under a California Car Cover in a heated garage.
- F and A also sold this Corvette to Owner Two, with whom I've spoken. It was his wife's "toy" and he shared with me that his daughter was allowed to drive it to prom.
- The Carfax is 100% clean with no accidents or other reports listed.

Addressing common issues:
- There is no delamination on the glass top.
- The weather stripping around both passenger doors is nearly fully intact, with roughly just 4 inches total of splitting.
- Both headlights flip in-concert as they should.
- The radiator fans are still set at the factory settings of 226F for low-speed and 235F for high-speed.
- I have never experienced any issues with the Optispark.

Full-disclosure points:
- The analog temperature gauge reads inaccurately high; the digital temperature gauge reads correctly.
- The tread is good on all four tires, but the tires are almost 12 years old (DOT date coded as 36th week of 2005).
- The front passenger wheel has some curb rash; the other three are completely unmarred.
- The passenger window switch on the driver's door works intermittently, but the switch on the passenger door fully works.
- Stone chips and paint blemishes are few, but present.
- The passenger-side rear view mirror rattles, but can only be heard when the window is down.

Last edited by MAYSdad; 08-18-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: sold
Old 06-29-2017, 04:38 AM
Lloyd Smale
Le Mans Master

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

Looks like a real nice car and a very honest description
Old 06-29-2017, 08:46 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Thank you Lloyd. She's a very nice Corvette, and I'm looking forward to finding her next caretaker.

To all: I intend to actively monitor this thread, so please send any questions you may have and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale
Looks like a real nice car and a very honest description
Old 06-29-2017, 08:57 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Also, to all those with an opinion...would purchasing new tires make this Corvette more appealing? It's such a gray area because some folks have a strong opinion about tires and would prefer to do that themselves, whereas others prefer a turnkey car. For what it's worth, I've been driving it all week and the tires are performing just fine.

Last edited by MAYSdad; 06-29-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
JimLentz
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYSdad
Also, to all those with an opinion...would purchasing new tires make this Corvette more appealing? It's such a gray area because some folks have a strong opinion about tires and would prefer to do that themselves, whereas others prefer a turnkey car. For what it's worth, I've been driving it all week and the tires are performing just fine.
It likely would depend on who purchases the car. If it is some relatively close to you they can drive it home and get the tires they want. If I were to want to purchase a car in Ohio I would want new tires before I would drive it from Columbus to the Chicago area.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:32 PM
4theboy
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JimLentz
It likely would depend on who purchases the car. If it is some relatively close to you they can drive it home and get the tires they want. If I were to want to purchase a car in Ohio I would want new tires before I would drive it from Columbus to the Chicago area.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:19 AM
TorchTarga94
Melting Slicks

Received 191 Likes on 158 Posts

I want.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:25 PM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

I love it @TorchTarga94!

"What'll it take to get you in this car today?" said every bad car salesperson always.

Seriously though, I'm open to discussing any offer and to answer questions or send more pictures.

Originally Posted by TorchTarga94
I want.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Supervette7
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking LT-4. It's obvious the car is well cared for. Good luck with the sale!
Old 07-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Edv92c4
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MAYSdad
I don't think the tires will hurt you. Unless there is visible signs of cracking the chance of catastrophic failure is minimal. Also, I've seen people sell with new tires but they are cheap tires that I wouldn't want...so it turns me off. This isn't a $7000 corvette. Only a more serious corvette buyer is going to buy one north if 10k...especially a nice low mileage LT4 like yours. You stated you are willing to negotiate on price so that could be discussed between you and to perspective buyer...if he feels it needs $1200 for Michelins I'm sure the two of you could hammer it out. Nice car! GLWS!
Old 07-02-2017, 05:53 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

That's a very succinct way to describe exactly what I've been thinking @Edv92c4. Thank you; I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Edv92c4
I don't think the tires will hurt you. Unless there is visible signs of cracking the chance of catastrophic failure is minimal. Also, I've seen people sell with new tires but they are cheap tires that I wouldn't want...so it turns me off. This isn't a $7000 corvette. Only a more serious corvette buyer is going to buy one north if 10k...especially a nice low mileage LT4 like yours. You stated you are willing to negotiate on price so that could be discussed between you and to perspective buyer...if he feels it needs $1200 for Michelins I'm sure the two of you could hammer it out. Nice car! GLWS!
Old 07-03-2017, 07:51 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Good morning all. I have reduced the price and updated the miles in the thread description.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:14 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Happy birthday America!

I'm proud to be a God-fearing American, and thank you to everyone who served to give me that freedom.

Last edited by MAYSdad; 07-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:37 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

bump
Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 491 Likes on 392 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Very nice LT-4

I hope this sells soon at your price.

GLWS
Old 07-14-2017, 04:49 PM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Thank you @ghlkal. She is a very nice Vette and she is still available.

Originally Posted by ghlkal
Very nice LT-4

I hope this sells soon at your price.

GLWS
Old 07-19-2017, 11:51 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. Just keeping the word out there that my Corvette is still available for purchase and enjoyment. Be well.

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 Black/Black LT4 Coupe

Old 07-22-2017, 06:26 PM
C4-6SPD
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried Autotrader? Might get it out there a bit better. Maybe Craigslist, with caution? There's no good reason for this fine specimen not to sell quickly, IMHO....
Old 07-27-2017, 04:28 PM
Route99
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 863 Likes on 667 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Bump for a nice looking '96.
GLWS
Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM
MAYSdad
Heel & Toe

I had a great conversation with a two-time C4 owner who seems very interested. In the mean time, my C4 remains for sale!

Quick Reply: FS: 1996 Black/Black LT4 Coupe