Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: 6-spd LT1 / LT4 / LT5 for Daily Use

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 01:20 PM
Joe93
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 6-spd LT1 / LT4 / LT5 for Daily Use (VA)

Sold my C5 Z16 this summer with the mistaken idea that I'd be fine without a Vette. Well, now I'm better again and have re-seen the light.

Years ago I had a 93 6-spd as my first Corvette, and I'm thinking I'd like to go back to a C4 for my next one and daily drive it. I'm a self-employed welder by trade, and although it'll be garage-kept and I'll do what I can to keep it clean, I'm going to be dirty at times when I get in this car at the end of the day. So in a nutshell, I'm not looking for a crown jewel here.

The list of what I need is pretty short, really:

-I will throw this out there first although I doubt such an animal exists. A super-high-mileage or somewhat beat ZR-1 or Grand Sport would be given top consideration. The price would have to be south of $12k though.

Otherwise I'm in the neighborhood of $6k or under depending on year, engine, mileage, etc.

-NO RUST. I get enjoyment from working on my vehicles, and I hate dealing with rusty fasteners and parts. If your car is rusty under the hood or on the underbody components, I'm sorry but I'm not interested.

-6-spd cars only.

-I'm really leaning away from L98's although I won't totally close the door on one.

-High-mileage cars are A-OK.

-Paint issues are OK, crash damage not OK. I've been a mechanic, but not a body man.

-Interior issues OK, stripped interiors not OK.

-I don't expect showroom condition and function. Just be honest about what the car is and isn't, and its issues.

-I'm not going to be picky about color although FYI shades of blue are my favorite.

-I live in Harrisonburg, VA and my ability to travel is limited by my work schedule. Weekends are about the only options for me, and I'd like to keep this within a reasonable distance, say 200 miles of zip 22801 or closer? I'll fudge a little for special cases though, and / or maybe you could meet me somewhere?

-Please have a clear title in your name.

-Please be able to send me good-quality pictures of your car from all angles including the interior, engine compartment, and the underside as good as you can get it. A picture of the RPO codes as well, please.

You are welcome to reply to this thread, but you can also email me direct at jinskeepATyahooDOTcom. I don't have email or internet access on weekdays during working hours, so understand that you won't get a reply until late that night at the earliest.

I will be paying cash. I'm not a tire-kicker and won't waste your time. Thanks so much for your consideration.

-Joe

Last edited by Joe93; 01-06-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Joe93
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE: Car found locally. Thread can be closed.

Quick Reply: WTB: 6-spd LT1 / LT4 / LT5 for Daily Use