Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1995 Torch Red-New clutch-What a ride!

Old 05-22-2018, 04:37 PM
jadiff
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 Torch Red-New clutch-What a ride!

I am giving some thought to moving up to a C6, but this one will have to go first. I'm really reluctant to do it, I love this car. To be honest though, my wife doesn't like to ride in, it is too stiff for her (it's those Bilstein Z51 shocks), but it rides like its on rails. I bought it here on the forum back in 2011 (original work below) and have done some work on it myself, including new plugs, wires and coil, Optispark with water pump, fuel pump, and just last Fall a new clutch.

There are currently a few problems with it:
-Cruise and intermittent wipers do not work. I think a swap of the lever may fix that.
-Controls do not move the passenger seat. It is all the way back, I never looked into this issue.
-Driver side fog lamp will not stay on. Loose connector perhaps?
-Back light for the radio stopped working so you can't see time/station info at night. Haven't looked into this either.

I just had a Pa inspection done in April and do love to drive it, so I will add to the 111K miles on it now (I got it with about 98k). Previous owner had a lot of work done also, this is listed from the original ad:
PURCHASED 2/4/2004 WITH 50,000 MILES. New Tires on The Rear. (Note: All work down by South Ga Corvette)
HAD THE FOLLOWING UPGRADES DONE 7/24/2006, 68787 MILES, REMOVE ENGINE, HEADS AND INTAKE FROM ENGINE, HAD MACHINE SHOP WORK HEADS, VALVE JOB & INTAKE PORT MATCHED PLENUM TO HEADS, REPLACE WITH NEW CAM (COMP CAM), NEW TIMING CHAIN, NEW LIFTERS, ROLLER ROCKER ARM, INSTALL NEW STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS, WITH 2-1/2in BILLY BOAT STAINLESS EXHAUST. NEW MSD OPTISPARK DISTRIBUTOR, WATER PUMP, ALUMINUM RADIATOR, 160 DEGREE THERMOSTAT, ALL NEW COOLANT AND HEATER HOSES, RESURFACE FLYWHEEL, NEW CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATE, & THROWOUT BEARING.
CLEANED FUEL INJECTORS, INSTALLED NEW 3:91 RING & PINION IN REAR END.
REPROGRAM COMPUTER AND DYNO, 347HP&348LBS TORQUE RWHP.
NEW BILSTEIN Z51 SHOCKS, NEW RADIO POWER ANTENNA, B&M SHORT THROW SHIFTER, ZR1 CHROME WHEELS, NEW HEAVY DUTY BATTERY & NEW HEAD LIGHT GEARS.
This car came to me without the CATs. Pa requires them, so I did have them installed.

Garage kept, regular Mobil 1 Full synthetic. This car has been loved and will be missed if she goes. The CL price is $11k, I am willing to flex a bit on that with a forum member.

I also have the 2 volume red factory shop manuals that will come with it.

email: jonas AT jadiff DOT COM
Text/Cell 717. 208 . 8945
Attached Images           
Old 05-22-2018, 05:33 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Badass car, amd I'm diggin those euro tails

How about an idle/rev vid of the car? Just trying to help with the sale
The following users liked this post:
jadiff (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:47 AM
jadiff
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great idea! I'll work on a video to get posted...
The following users liked this post:
1993C4LT1 (05-23-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To 1995 Torch Red-New clutch-What a ride!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1995 Torch Red-New clutch-What a ride!