Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1990 zr1 $9000

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:37 PM
ChumpVette
Safety Car

Received 1,286 Likes on 869 Posts

Should have taken the 7,100 bid the first time it was on copart.

Last edited by ChumpVette; 06-08-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:47 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Received 260 Likes on 239 Posts

Seriously though, 9k zr1 and no takers? has anyone seen it?

If I lived there this would be mine.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:51 AM
slammin
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 116 Posts

Since things are bought by comparison, I offer this. Most listings on eBay are high dollar cars, 25k plus, but most sales are much cheaper.
Recently eBay has changed their completed listing format for vehicles and you can't access the original listings to view photos. I wish they would quit screwing with things!
91 white, 135K flood salvage, South Carolina, $8995
90 red, 24K , fuel system problems, North Carolina, $13,100
91 red, 69K "excellent cond", Calli, $14,900
94 red, 48K "great cond" Mass, $16,000
Cheapest current listing 90 white, 77K, 3 owner, "excellent cond", FLA, $14,500 was listed for $18,000 with no bids
Don't forget the other cheap ZR1 offered here on the forum. It really looks and sounds abused, 54,000 miles for $9,200
While worth more than most "regular" C4s as an investment the ZR1 sucks, especially when you consider the low production and 60K+ sticker price. More extensive research may prove me wrong.
Initially, I thought buyers would be fighting for Bob's car. Now I'm not so sure. If nothing else, it gives us something to talk about. Hang in there Bob, it will sell, eventually.

Last edited by slammin; 06-09-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-09-2018, 01:15 PM
Drbobzr1
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts
2021 C4 of the Year - Modified Finalist

pologreen1

My first post was clear!! it read,
1990 corvette zr1 clean title, no accidents, 131,616 miles, red/red
original stock, never repainted, 3:73 rear end, factory rims have no curb rash...well used zr1...nu clutch, k/n filter , need a few odds and ends. 9000 , don't call to low ball, not interested call for photos or information. ...818-257-3106 or 818-705-1776

After reading it , one can decide, this may work, it says to call for pictures
THIS IS THE WAY I WANT TO SELL MY CAR.....if that's so offensive then don't call.
why is that such a problem?...
lastly....please don't refer to me as "Honey"
Old 06-10-2018, 10:11 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

Honestly if I didn't have 15 cars and had the extra cash laying around I would have bought this car already. I keep coming back and looking at it. Its a great car for the money!
Old 06-10-2018, 01:13 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by slammin
Since things are bought by comparison, I offer this. Most listings on eBay are high dollar cars, 25k plus, but most sales are much cheaper.
Recently eBay has changed their completed listing format for vehicles and you can't access the original listings to view photos. I wish they would quit screwing with things!
91 white, 135K flood salvage, South Carolina, $8995
90 red, 24K , fuel system problems, North Carolina, $13,100
91 red, 69K "excellent cond", Calli, $14,900
94 red, 48K "great cond" Mass, $16,000
Cheapest current listing 90 white, 77K, 3 owner, "excellent cond", FLA, $14,500 was listed for $18,000 with no bids
Don't forget the other cheap ZR1 offered here on the forum. It really looks and sounds abused, 54,000 miles for $9,200
While worth more than most "regular" C4s as an investment the ZR1 sucks, especially when you consider the low production and 60K+ sticker price. More extensive research may prove me wrong.
Initially, I thought buyers would be fighting for Bob's car. Now I'm not so sure. If nothing else, it gives us something to talk about. Hang in there Bob, it will sell, eventually.

The 90 Z on Ebay in "Boca Raton" is most likely a scam. It's also on craigslist as located in two separate places in Jacksonville Florida with the same pics and same price listed. It's also on a few other websites listed in a different part of Florida for $19,000. The Ebay posting has disappeared from listing and reappeared several times. If it's legit, the owner has a lot of people trying to scam off it.

Drbobzr1 has a nice one for sale. Surprised no one has snapped this one up.

Last edited by 1985 Corvette; 06-10-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:36 PM
George Maz
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a scam.
I know the owner personally, he lives in NY and has a place in Boca, FL. He just doesn't have time for the ZR-1, and he's busy restoring a beautiful 38ft offshore fast boat that he purchased from me...back in December.
14,500 is a deal, car is in Boca, go get it.

If you want a modified ZR-1, my '90 is listed for sale in NY, a lot of car for the money.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:54 PM
1985 Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 387 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by George Maz
Not a scam.
I know the owner personally, he lives in NY and has a place in Boca, FL. He just doesn't have time for the ZR-1, and he's busy restoring a beautiful 38ft offshore fast boat that he purchased from me...back in December.
14,500 is a deal, car is in Boca, go get it.

If you want a modified ZR-1, my '90 is listed for sale in NY, a lot of car for the money.
Called the guy...he must've been having a bad day. I was going to use you as a reference to break the ice of a cold call about his car but I didn't get the chance. Auction on site was ending soon and I was just trying to touch bases to go see the car in person next weekend (seeing as no one has bid on it from what I see). Pretty short with me on responses so I just told him to have a good day. Not worth driving 5 hours to deal with that.

He did me a favor... Thanks for verifying it wasn't a scam ad though.

Last edited by 1985 Corvette; 06-10-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:47 PM
Drbobzr1
Racer

slammin Thanks for posting the comps . I really appreciate the time you took and I took some of the same cars pricing when I priced mine I know its a good/fair price. I want to sell it , I have tooo many cars in the drive way. On the other side of the coin, I can sit on it for an indefinite period of time. The reason I decided to post here is I received numerous calls from corvette forum guys that were extremely rude and condescending. I have no problem asking people why they would post , "I'm interested." and make no contact attempt. I curious what motivates someone to waste time, as well as curious to my direct response.... Also the know it all a few posts up ,who said I should have taken the $7100 at auction , should/may be interested to know we countered at $9300 and he/she/they countered at $7900 sight unseen....
Old 06-10-2018, 11:05 PM
slammin
Pro

Originally Posted by Drbobzr1
slammin Thanks for posting the comps . I really appreciate the time you took and I took some of the same cars pricing when I priced mine I know its a good/fair price. I want to sell it , I have tooo many cars in the drive way. On the other side of the coin, I can sit on it for an indefinite period of time. The reason I decided to post here is I received numerous calls from corvette forum guys that were extremely rude and condescending. I have no problem asking people why they would post , "I'm interested." and make no contact attempt. I curious what motivates someone to waste time, as well as curious to my direct response.... Also the know it all a few posts up ,who said I should have taken the $7100 at auction , should/may be interested to know we countered at $9300 and he/she/they countered at $7900 sight unseen....
I appreciate your desire to talk to interested parties by phone. I can't imagine buying a car long distance without talking to the owner first. .
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 AM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1985 Corvette
Called the guy...he must've been having a bad day. I was going to use you as a reference to break the ice of a cold call about his car but I didn't get the chance. Auction on site was ending soon and I was just trying to touch bases to go see the car in person next weekend (seeing as no one has bid on it from what I see). Pretty short with me on responses so I just told him to have a good day. Not worth driving 5 hours to deal with that.

He did me a favor... Thanks for verifying it wasn't a scam ad though.
all these people being "short" with people.

Feeling like "king of the hill"

Bump for Bobby!

Last edited by pologreen1; 06-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Drbobzr1
Racer

Slammin .... Personally I would question anyone NOT wanting phone conversation about Any purchase (except websuites like amazon etc) Way to many scams on craigs list...Thanks again for the validation

Polo green . Back a few posts ago you referred to me as "Honey" in some context and gave me a "Bump" in the last post...Is that sarcasm in a friendly way or compliment?? .....So I don't get confused ,please let me and the forum know your view ....
Old 06-12-2018, 05:58 AM
barchetta1
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 68 Posts

Slammin .... Personally I would question anyone NOT wanting phone conversation about Any purchase (except websuites like amazon etc) Way to many scams on craigs list...Thanks again for the validation

Polo green . Back a few posts ago you referred to me as "Honey" in some context and gave me a "Bump" in the last post...Is that sarcasm in a friendly way or compliment?? .....So I don't get confused ,please let me and the forum know your view ....
Hi Bob.
I see you are big on using the phone. Wondering if you are going to return my text message or voice mail regarding the Jet DST you sold me? Yes you left me a voicemail and then I in turn left you one, is that where it ends? Just wondering how it works.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:34 PM
pologreen1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by barchetta1
Hi Bob.
I see you are big on using the phone. Wondering if you are going to return my text message or voice mail regarding the Jet DST you sold me? Yes you left me a voicemail and then I in turn left you one, is that where it ends? Just wondering how it works.

Bob?

How long have you owned this car?

Last edited by pologreen1; 06-12-2018 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:48 PM
DykstraMotorsports
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you guys remember the movie “Stripes”. The phrase “Lighten up Francis” comes to mind.
GLWTS
Old 06-13-2018, 11:19 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
Yep.
Ditto!!
Old 06-14-2018, 07:54 AM
jsmcol
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts

WOW...
DrBob has a car he wants to sell, he's priced it fair given its condition and miles, he's given all the relevant info that one should give, isn't that what we all want any seller to do??

Ok, so he's chosen not to give pictures or tell you where it's at, that's his right, it's his car! It may not be how YOU or I would choose to sell a car, but he's the one with the car, so he can do what he wants, even if there may be a better way. If you aren't helping to sell the car, get off his butt. There are way too many people that like to rag on people, we as Corvette people don't need to be like that. Help the guy, which many of you are trying to do. I just wish that this had come up before I bought my '93 or I would have bought this one.

Bob, hang in there, it will sell and someone will be happy with all that you have done to start the fix on this car so it can be enjoyed into the future. I'm sorry the previous owner wasn't forthright in their description of what the car needed, no one wants that to happen to us when we are looking for a car.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 zr1 $9000

Old 06-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Iexpedite
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmcol
WOW...
DrBob has a car he wants to sell, he's priced it fair given its condition and miles, he's given all the relevant info that one should give, isn't that what we all want any seller to do??

Ok, so he's chosen not to give pictures or tell you where it's at, that's his right, it's his car! It may not be how YOU or I would choose to sell a car, but he's the one with the car, so he can do what he wants, even if there may be a better way. If you aren't helping to sell the car, get off his butt. There are way too many people that like to rag on people, we as Corvette people don't need to be like that. Help the guy, which many of you are trying to do. I just wish that this had come up before I bought my '93 or I would have bought this one.

Bob, hang in there, it will sell and someone will be happy with all that you have done to start the fix on this car so it can be enjoyed into the future. I'm sorry the previous owner wasn't forthright in their description of what the car needed, no one wants that to happen to us when we are looking for a car.

Jim
Yes, he is priced well. Whether he provided all the relevant information is debatable but it's his ad. The first gentleman asked for pictures which is not an unreasonable request. Then the good Dr. got a little crotchety. In post 11 he decided to chastise the group for not buying his car.

Help the guy? Sure if he is willing to be helped. The man that suggested pictures before being snapped at was trying to help the guy. Please don't act like this gentleman was attacked without cause.

BTW, your comment about the previous owner not being forthright. The only reason you know anything about that is because "I" posted it. You are right, no one wants to purchase a car without all the relevant information. Do you see the irony in that sentence?
The following users liked this post:
dkpnkc (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 11:29 AM
jsmcol
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Iexpedite
BTW, your comment about the previous owner not being forthright. The only reason you know anything about that is because "I" posted it. You are right, no one wants to purchase a car without all the relevant information. Do you see the irony in that sentence?

That is very true, without your link, we didn't see pictures or have any of the back story. Still, it's his ad, and I appreciate guys like you that can fill in the blanks, it's the guys that are just very negative that I don't see the reason for. If they don't want it, move on to something else, don't slam another Corvette owner trying to sell his car. Now, if it's a fake car or something like that, then they are helping someone to keep from being scammed, but I don't believe that to be the case here.

I thought the request of the last 4 of the vin was reasonable, but haven't seen an answer to that. Hopefully it sells and everyone moves on...
The following users liked this post:
Iexpedite (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:23 PM
slammin
Pro

Slammin .... Personally I would question anyone NOT wanting phone conversation about Any purchase (except websuites like amazon etc) Way to many scams on craigs list...Thanks again for the validation ...
When I'm shopping Craigs list for a car, if the ad doesn't include a phone number in the contact info, I move on to the next listing. I can't remember a seller ever responding by email in the past when I've tried an email contact.

Quick Reply: FS: 1990 zr1 $9000