FS (For Sale) 1996 Collector Edition for Sale 8600 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1996 Collector Edition for Sale 8600

Old 08-10-2018, 06:41 PM
  #1  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 1996 Collector Edition for Sale 8600

VGC, new radiator and windshield 93K mikes, optispark and water pump also replaced. Contact Tim at 636-928-4338 cronin.tim!sbcglobal.net dont need help

timstl is offline  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:30 PM
  #2  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Also has KN Filter and Walker Performance Mufflers, louder than stock but not overbearing
timstl is offline  
Old 08-11-2018, 08:12 PM
  #3  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

See if 8300 draws more interest, also has performance axle and sport suspension
timstl is offline  
Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 PM
  #4  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Ouch OK trying to sell new price 7800
timstl is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 10:58 PM
  #5  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Now 7200 hope my 401k doesn't do this
timstl is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 PM
  #6  
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!
 
96 Vette CE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Up Here In Patriots Nation Drinking The Haters Tears
Posts: 41,103
Thanked 171 Times in 97 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17
Default

If you go any lower I'm going to have to buy this just on principle.


Very nice CE!.......GLWS!!
96 Vette CE is offline  
Old 08-23-2018, 04:17 PM
  #7  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

may drop to 7 cant find any other CE with 93K this price. Has a few pinpick scratches but runs very strong at 59 harder to get in and out of, car not getting older just me
timstl is offline  
Old 08-23-2018, 04:53 PM
  #8  
scotth48
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Apr 2009
Location: Charlotte Michigan
Posts: 1,077
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I was looking at one on Ebay. Sold for $6901. Convertible w/135,000 miles. Buyer backed out as it was a six speed and needed a auto for a overseas delivery. Since then he resisted it and put a minimum bid and a reserve. Last I looked no bids. He called me of what happen, but by than I bought another '93 Ruby with less than 45,000 miles.
scotth48 is offline  
Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 PM
  #9  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by scotth48 View Post
I was looking at one on Ebay. Sold for $6901. Convertible w/135,000 miles. Buyer backed out as it was a six speed and needed a auto for a overseas delivery. Since then he resisted it and put a minimum bid and a reserve. Last I looked no bids. He called me of what happen, but by than I bought another '93 Ruby with less than 45,000 miles.
going to sit on this price the closest ones with this mileage are asking over 10, had someone want to know if I would take 5K if he brought cash, sure if you have another 2200 in cashiers check
timstl is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 06:54 PM
  #10  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Dropped to 7K firm, if no sale car will be at Funfest next month
timstl is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 08:44 AM
  #11  
haxxx
CF Senior Member
 
haxxx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 292
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by timstl View Post
See if 8300 draws more interest, also has performance axle and sport suspension
Does this mean 3.45 gear and Z51 suspension package? I also have a 96 with the Z51 and it makes a massive difference. I've driven base C4s and they drive like boats in comparison. Not a lot of Z51 cars but it's the way a corvette should drive

I would also recommend more pictures. Back, sides, front, wheels, engine bay. Looks to be a well cared for car. Good luck!
haxxx is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 11:38 AM
  #12  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by haxxx View Post
Does this mean 3.45 gear and Z51 suspension package? I also have a 96 with the Z51 and it makes a massive difference. I've driven base C4s and they drive like boats in comparison. Not a lot of Z51 cars but it's the way a corvette should drive

I would also recommend more pictures. Back, sides, front, wheels, engine bay. Looks to be a well cared for car. Good luck!

Thanks story is I actually had window sticker and perf axle and sport suspension were there. Then last year wife throws away folder because she thought it was for the 91 I had owned. UGGH. I am not expert but I believe there is other way to verify. When I bought car I thought rear wheels looked a little small. I was told with sport suspension that's the way they should be. THis car does handle much better than my 91
timstl is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 11:44 AM
  #13  
haxxx
CF Senior Member
 
haxxx's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 292
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by timstl View Post
Thanks story is I actually had window sticker and perf axle and sport suspension were there. Then last year wife throws away folder because she thought it was for the 91 I had owned. UGGH. I am not expert but I believe there is other way to verify. When I bought car I thought rear wheels looked a little small. I was told with sport suspension that's the way they should be. THis car does handle much better than my 91
Yes the rear tires will be 275 instead of 285. But fronts will be bigger at 275 instead of base 255. There is a sticker in the center console that has all the option codes for your car. You can post a picture. One of the codes would be Z51.
haxxx is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 12:17 PM
  #14  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by haxxx View Post
Yes the rear tires will be 275 instead of 285. But fronts will be bigger at 275 instead of base 255. There is a sticker in the center console that has all the option codes for your car. You can post a picture. One of the codes would be Z51.
I plead ignorance on where this would be is it inside of console when you open up? Thanks
timstl is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 02:10 PM
  #15  
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!
 
96 Vette CE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Up Here In Patriots Nation Drinking The Haters Tears
Posts: 41,103
Thanked 171 Times in 97 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by haxxx View Post
Yes the rear tires will be 275 instead of 285. But fronts will be bigger at 275 instead of base 255. There is a sticker in the center console that has all the option codes for your car. You can post a picture. One of the codes would be Z51.
Originally Posted by timstl View Post
I plead ignorance on where this would be is it inside of console when you open up? Thanks

Actually the options sticker is under the storage compartment door behind the passenger seat on a '96
96 Vette CE is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 05:44 PM
  #16  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by 96 Vette CE View Post
Actually the options sticker is under the storage compartment door behind the passenger seat on a '96
thanks found it had the z51 code
timstl is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 09:06 PM
  #17  
Drewvious
Junior Member
 
Drewvious's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2016
Posts: 46
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Can I get some more pictures? Iím also in Missouri and may be interested. Will you post or PM the option sticker? Thanks.
Drewvious is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:22 AM
  #18  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Drewvious View Post
Can I get some more pictures? Iím also in Missouri and may be interested. Will you post or PM the option sticker? Thanks.

sure took some last night picture taking not my best will try again at lunch
timstl is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 10:56 AM
  #19  
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!
 
96 Vette CE's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2009
Location: Up Here In Patriots Nation Drinking The Haters Tears
Posts: 41,103
Thanked 171 Times in 97 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17
Default

Originally Posted by timstl View Post
thanks found it had the z51 code
96 Vette CE is offline  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:09 PM
  #20  
timstl
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: May 2004
Location: st. charles mo
Posts: 57
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default code pics



Originally Posted by Drewvious View Post
Can I get some more pictures? Iím also in Missouri and may be interested. Will you post or PM the option sticker? Thanks.
here are the pics
timstl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1996 Collector Edition for Sale 8600


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.