Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1989 C4 Convertible New Paint even AC works

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 12:54 AM
topfuel67
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 261 Posts
Default 1989 C4 Convertible New Paint Restored even AC works

I have decided to sell my 1989 Corvette C4 Convertible. Original So Cal car that is in great ondition. New paint. PPG Primer, PPG base and PPG clear. Heat and AC work great on r12. Electric antenna works, Alpine DVD Navigation, bluetooth with small subwoofer under the front seat. New steering rack, rebuilt steering pump, new steering lines, new tie rods, so the steering is tight like new. New master brake cyl, new power booster, new calipers and pads. Fresh brake fluid as well. New trans filter and fluid. New oil pan and valve cover gaskets. No leaks at all. You can park on a nice driveway without leaving a drop. New ICM, new alternator, new battery, new fuel pressure regulator, new cap, rotor, spark plugs, wires, etc. I changed the dash lights to the xenon. All gauges work perfectly and are bright. Headlights work perfectly. Passed CA smog with no problems. I was planning on converting her to a 6 speed, but realized it would be easier to sell and get a 6 speed convertible. I have gone through everything on this car. Mechanically she is perfect. The only thing she needs is interior work. The top is decent. The power door locks work. I replaced the actuators. There is an alpine alarm that locks and unlocks the doors. The horn goes continually, so they are unplugged. It could be the relay, I just haven't got to it yet. Everything else works perfectly on this car. The carpet is nice, except for the ledge where the door opens. It is worn on that top area. The passenger seat is nice. Drivers seat is needing attention. Looks ok, but should be redone. This car previously had a dash kit, so there are screw holes in all the dash pieces. The door panels look ok, but have lots of cracks in the structures. The doors still shut tight and the panels are nicer than most others. New sunvisors, dashpad is cracked so it has a nice black cover on it. The weather stripping is all worn. It is all there and looks ok, but should also be replaced. The BF Goodrich tires look great, but are older. I would replace them. She has a Magnaflow cat back exhaust. She has a deep low rumble. Overall the interior looks ok, but this is what's needed for her to be perfect. She has 170k miles, but has been taken care of. I have done all the work myself. I have thoroughly cleaned every part I have worked on so her bones even look great. The previous owner said the engine and trans were rebuilt. I have no proof except she runs great, idles smooth, and passes CA smog. Registered through 6/19. Clean title. 5000.00 OBO. I am in the San Fernando valley, California.

Last edited by topfuel67; 10-16-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:04 AM
topfuel67
Drifting

Last edited by topfuel67; 09-03-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:27 PM
topfuel67
Drifting

She had a new paint job that looks great. Trim and panels were tsken apart. I have really gone through her to make sure all the bolts and clips are there. Here's a pic of the spark plug clips that attaches to the block. Those are always missing and extremely difficult to reach.
Accepting offers on a really great running and looking convertible that runs a lot better than cars with half the miles that haven't been gone through.

Old 09-13-2018, 11:39 AM
topfuel67
Drifting

Old 09-16-2018, 06:02 PM
topfuel67
Drifting

Here's a pic of underneath. I haven't wiped anything for a couple of weeks and have driven it about 5 or 6 times. Not a drop of fluid leaking from anywhere. How many C4s out there are as leak free?
The orange paint is the alignment rack, not the car.

Last edited by topfuel67; 09-25-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:31 PM
topfuel67
Drifting

Price drop to 6000. Accepting offers. I have fixed the power door locks so the horn is the only thing on this car that doesn't work. This car is tighter and more reliable than most others out there. I also put the torque converter cover and the steering coupler cover back on. I noticed a 90 with 19k original miles is missing that steering coupler cover. I have gone through a lot of effort to make sure all the proper clips, brackets and covers are there.

Last edited by topfuel67; 09-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:37 AM
topfuel67
Drifting

Price drop to 5000. This car is in great condition. I drove 120 mile round trip on Sunday and she drove very smooth. Starts up every time and idles smooth. No rattles or noises that these cars are plagued with.

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 C4 Convertible New Paint even AC works

Quick Reply: FS: 1989 C4 Convertible New Paint even AC works