Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1994 Corvette Base Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 08:58 PM
KenMathisHD
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 1994 Corvette Base Auto

Up for sale here is a 1994 White Chevrolet Corvette with 157k miles on her. Under the hood is a plain-jane 350ci 5.7L LT1 and the 4-spd 4L60E. She's in overall decent condition but is in no way a perfect car. Below is everything I can tell you about her, selling price is $3600.

She has NEVER been in an accident under my care aside from accidentally tapping the trailer hitch of my truck the first day I brought her home.

Oil changes have been done every 3,000 miles using a K&N hp-2001 filter and Mobil 1 high mileage full synthetic 5W-30. I've only ever run her using 93 octane fuel, save for a few weeks during the "fuel shortage" in September last year.

The interior is about a 6/10, the passenger seat shows cracking on the seat bottom and less so on the back but no tears, the drivers' seat has a major tear and cracks on the seat bottom and cracks but no tears on the back.

The seat motors for the passenger need replacing or adjusting, and so do some of the ones on the drivers' side, however, the drivers' seat does move forward and backward, and the seat backs for both move freely(these are manual). The center console lid is slightly loose but stays on and shows some signs of wear but is not cracked or torn.

The radio was replaced by the prior owner and the new piece stays in place but has peeled/faded some, and the plastic piece around the shifter was wrapped in a faux carbon fiber sheet, again by the PO, but has begun peeling and may need replacing or cleaning in the future but stays in place. However, the radio works fine for both FM and AM stations and has an Aux cord jack.

The plastic trim in the back where the hatch closes is severely cracked and will need replacement, the PO drilled through it for whatever insane idea they had and tried patching the piece with super glue. The plastic hooks that hold the luggage cover were snapped off at the time I bought the car but the cover is in good shape and still rolls in and out, the carpet in the car is in good shape. The blinker switch was recently replaced as well as the center AC vent piece, and the airbag light has come on which I imagine probably means the yellow airbag spring thing in the column is bad.

She runs well and shifts pretty smooth, but still has the miss I've mentioned in some of my previous posts. The mechanic I've had work on her suggested it might be worn valves on the heads causing the miss since we're not entirely certain what sort of life the car lead prior to my ownership. Compression check revealed all cylinders within spec, with the highest being about 202 and the lowest being about 191.

The timing cover, intake, valve cover, oil pan and water pump gaskets are new as well as the front main seal. The optispark distributor was replaced at the same time as the above gaskets and mates with new Taylor Thundervolt 8.2mm wires and new NGK double platinum spark plugs, and the water pump has about 10,000 miles on it.
Just recently replaced the evap controller solenoid, the fuel pump, strainer sock, and the fuel pump pulsator.

There are new pads and rotors all around with about 2k miles on them, both front calipers have been replaced and have about 7k miles on them, the booster is new with maybe 3k miles on it and the master cylinder was replaced shortly after I got the car and has about 17k miles on it. Slammed on the brakes a few days back to avoid some coons on the way home and one of the rear brakes has been clicking since then. I haven't had time to check out the clicking as of yet, and as a result she hasn't moved around much, save for car jockeying in the morning and evening.

The front shocks, bushings, tie rods and ball joints have about 17k miles on them, and the rear bushings, tie rods and shocks need replacing as the car will vibrate over 75mph.

As mentioned the water pump is new, as well as the thermostat, upper and lower radiator hoses. She'll get hot in just about any traffic, especially with AC on, though hasn't gotten past 246 as if the temperature gets to around 227, I start to run the heater to keep coolant temps down. No coolant in oil or oil in coolant so not a head gasket. Cooling system wise the radiator, heater core and hoses leading to and from the heater core are the only things I can think of that haven't been replaced.

The ABS wheel speed sensor for the passenger rear wheel has been broken from the time I bought the car, so the ABS does not currently work as the only place to find the correct sensor now is from part outs. It doesn't seem to have affected the way she drives, though the sensor has been broken since purchase date, and until recently I haven't driven anything new enough to have traction control or good ABS, so maybe I'm biased.

I would love to keep the car and finish hashing out the issues it has, and it was on track to be done by middle of next year, but the company I was at took a huge loss early in the year, and as a result I'm out of a job. Because of that there's only one project I can do between this and the truck, so price is $3600 OBO, I have a digital fsm I'll include with it along with the software and hardware for interfacing with the computer to read data, and any and all receipts I have for parts or work on it. It's a clean title car with the title in my name. Just about any questions I've ever had on her I've listed here as well as any problems I've had so far. Please message me if you have any questions.

Last edited by KenMathisHD; 09-11-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:05 PM
KenMathisHD
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Bump

Quick Reply: FS: 1994 Corvette Base Auto