Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB: "perfect" 85-90 C4

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
ELVIS' C4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '13

Default "perfect" 85-90 C4

Hi all,

Owned two previous C4 years past & now after a few years without a weekend toy the urge is back!

Would I really would like to find is the "unicorn"...a perfect 85-90, NCRS top level stuff (or darn close!). I'm not that old but job & family limit my time available to tinker/update/restore so would be awesome to find something perfect w/ the body style I like.

Anyone hear of anything please share! I'm in no rush & I'm ready to wait for the right car.

Thanks for taking time to read this post!

JKK
Old 09-19-2018, 07:16 PM
jerseycarguy
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Default perfect C4

Originally Posted by ELVIS' C4
Hi all,

Owned two previous C4 years past & now after a few years without a weekend toy the urge is back!

Would I really would like to find is the "unicorn"...a perfect 85-90, NCRS top level stuff (or darn close!). I'm not that old but job & family limit my time available to tinker/update/restore so would be awesome to find something perfect w/ the body style I like.

Anyone hear of anything please share! I'm in no rush & I'm ready to wait for the right car.

Thanks for taking time to read this post!

JKK
1990 coupe triple black auto. 19,300 original miles. NCRS candidate for sure. Have more pictures if you need to see more of the black beauty...

Look how white the original lettering is on the hoses.

4 perfect rims

The driver side bolster tells you the condition the car is in

yes, original tires, not dry rotted or cracked, more NCRS points!

Original factory stickers still in place on the leaf spring

Old 09-19-2018, 10:47 PM
gpierce
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

How about this one?? Not Mine unfortunately

https://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Det...odel=Corvette#
Old 09-20-2018, 10:12 PM
Ron Sjostrom
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not the owner but I almost bought this one... 30,000 miles $13,000.00

Last edited by Ron Sjostrom; 09-20-2018 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:36 AM
jerseycarguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by jerseycarguy
1990 coupe triple black auto. 19,300 original miles. NCRS candidate for sure. Have more pictures if you need to see more of the black beauty...

Look how white the original lettering is on the hoses.

4 perfect rims

The driver side bolster tells you the condition the car is in

yes, original tires, not dry rotted or cracked, more NCRS points!

Original factory stickers still in place on the leaf spring

Spotless...

Showroom clean

Old 09-27-2018, 08:53 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Not to be rude in any way.... My question for you would be the intended purpose of the car. Do you plan on driving it or staring at it?
Old 09-27-2018, 09:58 AM
jerseycarguy
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sgt.Dozer
Not to be rude in any way.... My question for you would be the intended purpose of the car. Do you plan on driving it or staring at it?
Based on the condition a valid question. Its just how i keep my c4's...i drive it a few times a week as well as shows and cruise nights. Its not DD but it is driven...even though it may not look like it!
Old 09-27-2018, 10:55 AM
Sgt.Dozer
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Based on the condition a valid question. Its just how i keep my c4's...i drive it a few times a week as well as shows and cruise nights. Its not DD but it is driven...even though it may not look like it!
I actually meant that for the OP. Well kept cars are better choices as drivers vs museum, trailer, and garage queens. There are plenty of C4 out there with only a couple of thousand miles because someone bought it to store hoping to bank in the future. This is where problems begin for that car purchased to be driven. Even dry air will deteriorate a car. Especially EFI cars as they have so many sensors and switches that are made of plastics, they become hard and brittle from the inside out. Cosmetically beauty queens but timebomb drivers. Heaters also remove moisture from the air so that nips the climate controlled storage in the bud for northern cars. The OP doesn't want a project so we know he doesn't want a car in need of restoration. However the low mile car can but a nightmare and require the same time replacing parts that otherwise look new. By the way your car is quite nice but for safety I would keep your original tires mounted but not on the car while you drive. Store them like you would a rare rifle. When you are at a NCRS type event put them back on the car. The same thing applies to rubber as it does plastics. Both are made of petroleum and dry out the same way. It just takes longer for rubber unless it is exposed to a catalyst such as dirt which would speed up the drying. Tires are dated for that reason and just because they don't appear dry rotted on the outside (due to dirt or baking sun) doesn't mean they are safe nor maintaining the speed rating. Again the car is awesome. So is the Copper car that is listed now too. Albeit is an entirely different spectrum but yet few get the opportunity to experience. In my opinion, if you want a driver, buy a driver. If you wish to stare at the car and not depend on it, buy something extremely rare. Not rare as in color but physical production numbers. I am a gear head but also a connoisseur. I do both. I have drivers, survivors, and collectables. Occasionally I take on the basket cases. However I am not necessarily the purist and won't overlook the restomod. It really depends on the defining points of his idea of perfect and intention. This week I will be at one of the largest Cruises in the country and my eyes are always open...
The following users liked this post:
jerseycarguy (09-28-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 12:13 PM
85WHITEZ51
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

That's awesome but I would strongly encourage you to either get a second set of wheels with new tires (if it's important to you to keep the original tires) or to replace those tires. While note dry rotted out, driving on old tires can be very dangerous. OK for a garage queen but if you are driving that often you really should be driving on fresher tires.

You can control acceleration but you can't control braking (some idiot pulling out in front of you). Those are the two very dangerous parts on old tires as you don't have near the traction you should. Not trying to preach but I've seen way to many nice cars get totaled due to being driven on old tires so it's kind of my PSA :-(
The following users liked this post:
jerseycarguy (09-28-2018)
Old 10-13-2018, 06:55 AM
daves263
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1992 lt1 quasar blue 034000 mileage one owner

Asking$10000 all paperwork brochures window sticker never hit always garaged text 914523 4353 if interested can send pictures
Old 11-10-2018, 02:22 AM
MarkJensen
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 92 zr1

I have a new ZR-1 with 400 car show and parade only miles! It’s not cheap!! 406-939-7444 will be over $60k

Get notified of new replies

To "perfect" 85-90 C4

Quick Reply: WTB: "perfect" 85-90 C4