Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 86 track car & 86 roller LPE 383 L98 dana 44's Challenge series cage & MUCH more!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:25 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Default 86 track car & 86 roller LPE 383 L98 dana 44's Challenge series cage & MUCH more!

Full Disclosure: I'm listing the following Items for my father and fellow CF member. Health issues prohibit him from listing these items on his own. I live out of state but I will be in town from 10/5-7 if any serious buyers would like to see the cars.

What: (2) 1986 coupes. CAR A is a full build track car ( mostly used for autocross). CAR B is a roller that was purchased to replace the front clip of Car A. Both cars have clear Illinois Titles. (1) 75 convertible.

Where: Belvidere/Rockford, Illinois area. Easy access of I-90.

Why: After 47 years, My parents have retired from racing corvettes so these need to find a new home.

When: I live out of state but I will be in town from 10/5-7 if any serious buyers would like to see the cars. I'm not interested in parting out either car or selling the spare parts at this time ( logistics) I only have pictures of CAR B which I will post here. Pictures of CAR A will be taken/posted when I arrive in town on 10/5.

If you bring a couple of trailers and $10K, you can both cars, the original L98 motor to CAR A and every C4 part I can find for you ( which is A LOT).

CAR A specs
- A 1986 World Challenge series "clone" full buid track car that saw autocross and some high speed use through NCCC ( Midwest region specifically). It had a low speed roll over a number of years back after coming in contact with an un-mounted tractor tire during a spirited autocross even in Lake Geneva, WI.. Damaged areas include the front clip, the windshield frame, and the top right portion of the World Challenge Series cage. THE FRAME IS STRAIGHT.

- Black/black with white & blue world challenge paint
- (2 motors) 1) original numbers matching TPI L98 2) RACE MOTOR TPI L98 383 cu in stroker w/ a Lingenfelter top end.
- Turbo 400 trans
- C4 ZR1 brakes
- bilstein shocks
-Dana 44HD with 3:42 gears
- I'm sure there a ton of suspension goodies on the car that will be verified on the 5th.
- Original World Challenge Series roll cage with harness mounts

CAR B specs
This car was purchased for its clean front clip to replace the damaged one on CAR A. Has a clear Illinois Title.

-1986 silver/silver leather original Doug Nash 4+3 car w/ tinted roof panel
-missing motor/trans/driveshaft assembly
-full interior
-Dana 44HD in a desirable 3:73 ratio.
-complete engine harness
-complete cooling system

1975 convertible

I don't have many details on this one, but if you are interested please let me know.

- Medium saddle iridium paint/saddle leather interior
- Factory 4 speed
- factory air
- Both tops
- "it ran when parked" but will need full restoration.

-=MIke

Last edited by bowtiguy; 09-27-2018 at 04:54 PM. Reason: operator error
Old 09-27-2018, 03:18 PM
bowtiguy
Melting Slicks

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

lets see if I uploaded the pictures correctly, its been a while

Last edited by bowtiguy; 09-27-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Site users sometimes list Corvettes for a friend or relative who is unable to market and sell the car for themselves for some legitimate reason.

We tried a revision to the rules to allow those listings to take place without the need to get prior approval from an administrator so long as the threads disclosed the circumstances of the nominee sale and stated the role they would play in resolving any post-sale disputes.

It hasn’t worked as it has created a proliferation of people offering Corvettes for sale for a friend or relative who declare they will take no responsibility in resolving post-sale disputes. That’s potentially harmful to site users, so we are reverting to some of the previous language.

Going forward, those listing cars or parts they do not personally own must make this clear in their sales thread, posting:
  • The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car
  • The role the thread starter will play in the sale
  • And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues.
Threads failing to address those points will be removed by moderators.

Also, you need to have prices per the rules.

Get notified of new replies

To 86 track car & 86 roller LPE 383 L98 dana 44's Challenge series cage & MUCH more!

Quick Reply: FS: 86 track car & 86 roller LPE 383 L98 dana 44's Challenge series cage & MUCH more!