Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C4 Corvettes, 1984 - 1996 > C4s for Sale/Wanted
Reload this Page >

FS: 1986 silver/black orginal doug nash 4+3, Dana 44 w/ 3:73's & glass top roller

Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1986 silver/black orginal doug nash 4+3, Dana 44 w/ 3:73's & glass top roller

Old 10-10-2018, 10:57 AM
bowtiguy
CF Senior Member

Default 1986 silver/black orginal doug nash 4+3, Dana 44 w/ 3:73's & glass top roller

UPDATE: Car is still available but will not be available to be viewed until late spring /early summer 19'. I will update this FS thread when I know I'll be in town to show this car along with others from my fathers estate.

What:
(1) 1986 coupe roller w/ a clear Illinois Title. I'm not interested in parting out either car or selling the spare parts at this time ( logistics, I live out of state)

Where: in between Belvidere & Rockford, Illinois. Area code 61008. Easy access off of I-90 just south of Illinois/Wisconsin border. It can be viewed at any time.

Why: poor health means this project wont be seeing completion.

How much?: I don't like to haggle ( buying of selling) nor do I wish my mother to have haggle on her end. The first buyer to bring a trailer and $2500 gets it.

History: This car was purchased for its clean front clip to replace the damaged front clip on another 86 corvette along with its Dana 44 3:73 and replacement suspension parts. It is a roller in the truest form. ONLY the motor/clutch/trans have been removed. everything else is there from the coolant system to the Dana 44. Has a NON salvage Illinois Title. I had this car posted with another 86' in my previous thread but time wasn't on our side last week when we were home so that car will have to wait until 2019.Although this car could be restored and driven due to its completeness and title. It will most likely be parted out or used as a parts car to complete another car.

Details & key parts
-1986 silver/silver leather original Doug Nash 4+3 car w/ tinted roof panel
-missing motor/trans/driveshaft assembly & exhaust.
-Dana 44HD in a desirable 3:73 ratio
.-complete engine harness
-complete cooling system
-complete interior ( partially disassembled)
-complete rear glass hatch assembly
-all body panels are intact

-doors are complete with glass & actuators

-headlamp assemblies are complete

Per forum rules:
The circumstances regarding why the owner is not listing the car: The owner <LT70ZR91> is my father and a member here on the forum since 1999. I have ben a member since 2004. He is battling cancer & his physical/mental health limits him from posting at this time. I have been directed to sell this car on his behalf.
The role the thread starter will play in the sale: I agree to answer any questions the buyer may have then get him/her directions to view the car along with contact info
.And agreeing to participate in trying to resolve any post-sale issues. There will be no issues. This vehicle is being sold "as is" and is available for inspection 24/7. It has not been in any accidents and has a clear Illinois title if the buyer decides to make it road worthy again.

Last edited by bowtiguy; 12-13-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:53 PM
bowtiguy
CF Senior Member

FS thread has been updated.
Old 12-26-2018, 02:32 PM
mazdaverx7
CF Senior Member

I would love to restore this. I would also love to have the seats for my 86. Completely understand why you don't want to part it. If I had the room for another restoration I would be very interested in the car. I wish your father and your family the best.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:54 AM
bowtiguy
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7 View Post
I would love to restore this. I would also love to have the seats for my 86. Completely understand why you don't want to part it. If I had the room for another restoration I would be very interested in the car. I wish your father and your family the best.
Thanks for the well wishs. I'll be spending quite a bit of time back there in the coming year. I have (2) 86' vettes, (1) 75' vert vette -tan/tan 4spd air car, 91) 99' FRC-VERY 1st museum delivery car - nassua blue , (1) dove tail car trailer w/ box and (1) enclosed haulmark trailer full of C3 & C4 parts to sell before I get the other (4) project cars together enough to make it back to Colorado w/ us.

I wish I had the time to part them out. If I can arrange for buyers to come while I'm there, I'll do exactly that. I may be contacting some of the Corvette recyclers/resellers in Illinois and selling everything at once.

Last edited by bowtiguy; 12-27-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1986 silver/black orginal doug nash 4+3, Dana 44 w/ 3:73's & glass top roller

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.