Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: 1989 Corvette Coupe 6-speed Midnight Blue Nice

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 01:53 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1989 Corvette Coupe 6-speed Midnight Blue Nice

For sale is my 89 6 speed coupe. I've owned it since 2010 but between life and family I just don't have time to enjoy it anymore so it's time to go to a new home. Overall it's in very nice shape, exterior and interior 8/10. I've replaced a ton on this, also some changes since the pictures were taken are original radio rebuilt by Dr. Don's and installed, new BF Goodrich tires, and license plate filler painted and installed. Issues are as follows: When the car sits for a while, I have to use some starting fluid to get it going. If I drive it everyday, it starts right up. I've had some suggest its the pressure regulator and I have a new AC Delco one to install. Left front caliper squeaks when braking, but I have everything to swap to 13" to fix that. When it's very cold, I have a hard time getting it in 6th. I think a fluid flush would fix that. And the headlight buckets that flip up when you turn the lights on are gone, I took them off to change the headlight gears and moved two times in the interim and they got lost before I completed the project. Otherwise the car is great, fluids have been flushed, new pads rotors tires and refinished wheels. Rear hatch weatherstrip and shocks have been replaced, I have new window seals but haven't installed them. It's a very solid car and any issue it has I have the parts to fix it, just no time to do it. Car is located in Ypsilanti Michigan, I'd really like to sell it before winter really kicks off. I paid 7500 for it but I'm only asking $5000 to try and move it quick. Car has 103,000 miles. shocks are new Bilsteins. I don't pop in here too often anymore so call/text 419-340-1403 or email jshepherd@yarkauto.com. Please ask any questions or come see it, its a beautiful car!

Last edited by solaris_vii; 11-23-2018 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:06 PM
auburn2
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like a nice car. Right color for me too. I am interested. A few questions:

1. Do the headlights work, can it be driven at night without the buckets installed?

2. I can't tell what top is on the car in the pics, is it the clear top or the solid top and do you have both?

3. Any modifications to the car?

4. Do the windows or top leak? You say you have the window seals, do you mean the outer moulding that goes along the glass?

5. Can you post the numbers from the SPID label (or a pic of the label)?

Thanks.

Last edited by auburn2; 11-25-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:24 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Hi auburn2, thanks for the interest! I just copied and pasted your questions and will answer them below.

1. Do the headlights work, can it be driven at night without the buckets installed?

Yes, the headlights are perfectly functional and have new Sylvania Xtravision bulbs in them, visibility is great.

2. I can't tell what top is on the car in the pics, is it the clear top or the solid top and do you have both?

It has the bronze tinted top, no cracks in it.

3. Any modifications to the car?

The previous owner installed a Magnaflow catback. I installed Bilstein z51 shocks, it rides very firm. Everything else has been ACDelco for tune up, maintenance, etc (I work for a GM dealer)

4. Do the windows or top leak? You say you have the window seals, do you mean the outer moulding that goes along the glass?

The only things that leaks is when I go in the car wash, I get some running in on the drivers A pillar. The seals I mentioned are the window sweeps, or basically the belt molding at the base of the window. I will send pictures of it.

5. Can you post the numbers from the SPID label (or a pic of the label)?

I can definitely do that and will get pictures tonight of it and the seals and the headlights. Do you have an email you'd prefer or just post here?

Thanks again for looking!
Old 11-26-2018, 07:27 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Attached is the RPO label and a picture of the window seal i was talking about. I have a replacement kit for both sides. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:52 PM
auburn2
Racer

Thanks for all the info ... still interested :-)

I will be up in Ohio for business later this week, could I potentially come by and look at it Wednesday night? Would there be a well lit area or garage I could look at it in? How long is the drive time from Dayton to where you are?
Old 11-26-2018, 10:30 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by auburn2
Thanks for all the info ... still interested :-)

I will be up in Ohio for business later this week, could I potentially come by and look at it Wednesday night? Would there be a well lit area or garage I could look at it in? How long is the drive time from Dayton to where you are?
Hi auburn2, I think Wednesday night would work fine! It's covered in my garage and it's pretty well lit and I have a large shop light for additional light. I think I'm about 3-4 hours north of Dayton? I'm about 40 minutes from the Ohio border right off of 23. Thanks!
Old 11-27-2018, 04:37 PM
auburn2
Racer

Originally Posted by solaris_vii
Hi auburn2, I think Wednesday night would work fine! It's covered in my garage and it's pretty well lit and I have a large shop light for additional light. I think I'm about 3-4 hours north of Dayton? I'm about 40 minutes from the Ohio border right off of 23. Thanks!
OK. I will see what time I get done work tomorrow and then text you.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:06 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

OK. I will see what time I get done work tomorrow and then text you.
Sounds great number is 419-340-1403 thanks!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Shock96
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Soooo, did it sell?
Old 12-01-2018, 01:33 PM
auburn2
Racer

Originally Posted by Shock96
Soooo, did it sell?
Sale pending ....
Old 12-04-2018, 08:11 PM
solaris_vii
Burning Brakes

Sale pending ....
He's right just got the check car is sold!! Thanks everyone!
Old 12-25-2018, 07:14 AM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

Sorry to see the car go. Always loved this one!! Hope you get another and hope to see you back on the forums!

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 Corvette Coupe 6-speed Midnight Blue Nice

Quick Reply: FS: 1989 Corvette Coupe 6-speed Midnight Blue Nice